Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You all are giving me hope! I have 11W feet (went to wide after pregnancy); I've only lost 15 pounds but I will just EXPLODE if my feet shrink!!!!!! I will cross my fingers!
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My shoe size didn't change but my width did. I went from a wide to a regular. Finger crossed if I lose another 10 pounds maybe I will drop a size also in the foot area!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can wear a 6.5 in some styles that I used to wear a7.5.
  • blueberry67
    blueberry67 Posts: 44
    Options
    I went from 8 to 7.5 in womens size
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yup, after losing 75lbs, I went from a size 9 down to an 8. Aw shucks, I had to buy new clothes and new shoes - it was tough :smile:
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is a timely topic. I tried 2 pairs of shoes on that I haven't worn since last spring. I have lost 23 pounds since January. One pair is 7-1/2 wide width, the other 8 reg. My heel totally slipped out of the 8 and the 7-1/2 wide I wore today with thick socks. They were still quite loose with thick socks and I had to concentrate to not walk out of them. I didn't notice a change with my tennis shoes I work out in; other than my feet don't seem to fall asleep as much.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a thing. You lose weight in your hands, too. I actually had to buy new gloves this past winter, too!

I went from an 8 to a 7.

My rings are all so loose now!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sure hope mine shrink. I'm at my heaviest ever right now. My feet are 6-6.5 ( EE). Size 36 in Birkenstocks. The only comfortable shoes for me are Birkenstocks. I need bunion surgery and I also have slight avascular necrosis ( from cortisone/prednisone) in both ankles and all four bones in both knees.
    I love my Birkenstocks but I would be thrilled to wear my Danskos again!
    The avascular necrosis has caused me a lot of inactivity and weight gain. I was in a wheelchair for 6 months last year and not only inactive but terribly depressed about my condition.
    I'm now able to walk almost 2 miles and often, I'm able to do it twice a day! I had both knees operated on, with stem cells placed inside the bones from my hips. It seems to working, along with blood thinners and plaquenil. I may have the ankles done later this year but recently the lesions have shrunk, hopefully from the blood thinners. Woo Hoo!!
    Anybody with joint or bone disease, please friend me!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a thing. You lose weight in your hands, too. I actually had to buy new gloves this past winter, too!

I went from an 8 to a 7.

My rings are all so loose now!
    I need my ring to be loose! I have a really nice wedding ring that I had to take off because it was giving me a blister and rash from being so tight.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yes, i was a 10wide and now I am 9-9.5 reg. the cool thing is I can wear ladies hats now. Hats were always too small for me. Buying shoes off the rack is so cool. No more mail order or men's shoes
  • emanseau
    emanseau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going crazy finding that certain shoes were too big, but it seems to be the truth. Have had to ditch a few pair. With 25 lbs. lost, I dropped half a size from 10 to 9.5 :smile:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I went shoe shopping over the weekend and it appears I've dropped another 1/2 size which brings the total shoe size down 2 sizes and from wide width to normal. :noway:

I thought my boots were getting a little looser, but this didn't cross my mind at all. Crazy! I really hope they stop shrinking though. haha
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    After my mother had Gastric Bypassm her feet went down a whole size (and she already had tiny feet). She also stopped wearing wide width. She was pretty excited about it because 1) she's in a shoe size that practically no one wears so she knows they always have her size available in whatever style she wants and 2) a lot of shoes don't come in wide.

I hope I lose weight in my ankles. I have big ankles (cankles) and would love to wear whatever strappy sandals and heels I'd like.
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went from a 9.5W to an 8M.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You know, my shoe size has been shrinking...and I couldn't explain why.
    I can fit into a 7.5/8 now, depending on the brand, and I used to regularly wear 8.5 or 8.5W. It's awesome!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight last year and went down a whole shoe size... it was SO WEIRD.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes! i have always been a 7 in shoes, maybe even 7.5 at times.. this past valentines day i went to pick out sneakers for my gift and the 7's were too big! i am not a 6.5! sooo crazy

15188748.png
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a 12 wide ( I am 6ft tall) and now after losing 130lbs I am down to an 11 reg in most shoes. :)
  • sparkly_blonde
    sparkly_blonde Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me so excited and motivated to lose weight! I would love to be in the regular width shoes
  • whoajulie
    whoajulie Posts: 15
    Options
    You know, I didn't even think shoe size could change. But I put on a pair of my wedges the other day, and they were falling off of me. So I'm thinking I did lose about a 1/2 size or so. Weird!