Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• hello_momo
    hello_momo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yes! i thought it was just in my head. i've lost 10 lbs. and recently went shoe shopping. i've been buying a size 8 for the past few years and none of them fit me! i had to go back down to a 7.5 which is what i wore when i was in my early 20's & thinner. it was a nice surprise!
  • lightblueeyes
    lightblueeyes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on the flip side of this scenario...as I am just at the beginning of my journey to a new healthy lifestyle that I can sustain.

Since middle school, I wore a size 9 regular. Now as I have gained weight as an adult, I have to buy a 9.5 regular most of the time. Not for the length, but for the width across my toes and top of my foot. Especially in dress shoes/pumps. I work an office job where we have a "professional" dress code - which means dressy shoes...and I have a closet full of beautiful shoes that fit perfectly when I bought them. Now, they are so tight they pinch my toes or press on the top of my foot and it hurts so bad, I can't wear them.

I am not going to get rid of them though...I think I will just lose the weight and get back into them!!! Wish me luck!!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    In high school I lost about 20 pounds and TWO shoes sizes! Since then I've gained it back, lost it again, etc. but my shoe size has remained the same. Weight loss is strange...
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've gone from wearing a 9.5-10.0 to an 8.5-9.0 and don't need wide width anymore. Still need wide calf though if I'm getting tall boots. :)
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went from a 8.5 womens regular to 7.5 womens regular.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry for minor thread necromancy, but I was shoe shopping today and was deeply disturbed to find I'd lost 1/2 a shoe size somewhere along the line. It made finding shoes that fit a little tricker than expected.