30 DAY GELATO | ICE CREAM CLEANSE DIET

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm late starting as I've been under the weather a bit, but I've been loving all the reviews. Sadly, I've not been able to find many of the flavors I wanted to try....B&J hazed&confused, grandma's cake batter, talenti toasted almond, HD caramelized banana chip? and the Kentucky one are the 1st that come to mind. I live in Mass and just went to stop&shop....got some talenti black raspberry chocolate chip, B&J peppermint chocolate crunch and store brand banana fudge chunk (talenti and B&J both on sale and store brand free for buying the B&J so the cleanse of my wallet is slightly less this week, woot! Good thing too, taking a sick day means my wallet made no gainz) Not a bad rotation...and I will be rotating one serving per day as I am trying to lose 40 lbs over the next 6 months.

The Ben & Jerry Mint Chocolate sounds yummy. Will have to be on the look out for that one.

I wonder if Stop & Shop is like Giant? Giant had the same Ben & Jerry's deal this week.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I keep thinking I'll get sick of it. Every now and then, I'll buy a different flavor, but before it's gone I want my Espresso chip.

Oh I like the new username. :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :wink:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I din't know what "gelato" is, but I'm always in for ice cream!

Do you even MFP???

talenti-seas-salt-caramel-gelato-300x225.jpg

:wink:

I still don't know what it is. It's not something we sell in UK

• dunge0n
    dunge0n Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We all know cleanse diets are key to successful weight loss and improved body composition...

Starting today, I will begin a 30 day Gelato / Ice Cream cleanse consisting of 1 pint per day over the course of the next 30 days. I will report back every evening with an update on the brand and flavor. More than likely I'll post the pics to Instagram (LolBroScience if you care to follow me along on my journey) and I'll even throw in some flavor reviews for you guys if you want.

Note that I'll be sure to scrub my spoon with soap and water before eating just to be safe!

And we're off....!

Day 1 - Haagen-Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2 -
    Day 3 -
    Day 4 -
    Day 5 -
    Day 6 -
    Day 7 -
    Day 8 -
    Day 9 -
    Day 10 -
    Day 11 -
    Day 12 -
    Day 13 -
    Day 14 -
    Day 15 -
    Day 16 -
    Day 17 -
    Day 18 -
    Day 19 -
    Day 20 -
    Day 21 -
    Day 22 -
    Day 23 -
    Day 24 -
    Day 25 -
    Day 26 -
    Day 27 -
    Day 28 -
    Day 29 -
    Day 30 -

Who's with me!?

Is this for real? ^_.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Is this for real? ^_.

totes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm late starting as I've been under the weather a bit, but I've been loving all the reviews. Sadly, I've not been able to find many of the flavors I wanted to try....B&J hazed&confused, grandma's cake batter, talenti toasted almond, HD caramelized banana chip? and the Kentucky one are the 1st that come to mind. I live in Mass and just went to stop&shop....got some talenti black raspberry chocolate chip, B&J peppermint chocolate crunch and store brand banana fudge chunk (talenti and B&J both on sale and store brand free for buying the B&J so the cleanse of my wallet is slightly less this week, woot! Good thing too, taking a sick day means my wallet made no gainz) Not a bad rotation...and I will be rotating one serving per day as I am trying to lose 40 lbs over the next 6 months.

The Ben & Jerry Mint Chocolate sounds yummy. Will have to be on the look out for that one.

I wonder if Stop & Shop is like Giant? Giant had the same Ben & Jerry's deal this week.

Orly?! I'm heading to Giant!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I din't know what "gelato" is, but I'm always in for ice cream!

Do you even MFP???

talenti-seas-salt-caramel-gelato-300x225.jpg

I still don't know what it is. It's not something we sell in UK

:cry:
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I've been to all five stores in my town scoping out all the ice creamz, and I am so disappointed I haven't found half the ones I want. Even though I have about 20 pints in my freezer right now. Never enough. :grumble:

But I DID find Jeni's at the health food store. Got some brambleberry crisp and whiskey & pecans. Can't wait. :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ^ it's the space in the file name

Move it to an album without a space in the title
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: hot fudge brownie sundae with Edy's vanilla bean
    Day 2: same
    Day 3: Midnight Truffle blizzard from DQ
    Day 4: Breyer Tiramisu gelato-- awesome-- will buy again. Not as crazy about the ladyfingers but the mascarpone and espresso are both amazing
    Day 5: same-- turns out that either they're wrong about how many servings are in a container or they're wrong about the weight of a serving. *shrug*
    Day 6: hot fudge brownie sundae-- last of the brownies. :cry:
  • Flabby_2_Fabby
    Options
    Uhhhhhh...... How's this s'posed ta werk!?!?!?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhh...... How's this s'posed ta werk!?!?!?

It's easy:flowerforyou: maintain a calorie deficit, squeeze in some delicious gelato and win!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I crack open a pint of black raspberry chocolate chip Talenti♡ I've had it before buti don't regret going in again ;)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Talenti cookie caramel crunch was pretty awesome.

Heading to buy some ice cream in a little while. Even though I already have 8 pints in the freezer. Stupid meat gets in the way.

I love that flavor... Although I meant to eat 1 serving and at the rest of the pint one day. =| Oops!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    ^ it's the space in the file name

Move it to an album without a space in the title
    I give up, I'm a damn spaz. I've been gone to long.

:laugh:

Well at least you have your gelato.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Day 1: 1/2 cup Haagen Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato + 1/2 cup Front Porch Chocolate Rocker
    Day 2: 1 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight (mmm pie crust pieces)
    Day 4: 1 cup Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core
    Day 5: 3/4 cup Sam's Choice Coffee & Donuts
    Day 6: 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I finished my sea salt caramel gelato last night...all I have left is wine :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I wonder if I take a day off if I will gain all the weight and toxins back??
    Seriously though, my store only have like five talenti flavors. I might have to start shopping around...I have been looking for the black raspberry chocolate chip for quite some time!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! I just went to the Talenti store locator and there is a Holiday gas station 15 miles from me that carries it!! I wonder if they can get Sea Salt Caramel? That sounds GREAT!!!! Next closest is Walmart which is 55 miles away. I live in the boonies, btw.