30 DAY GELATO | ICE CREAM CLEANSE DIET

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Haagen-Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip (10/10). Great flavor & creamy texture. Highly recommend if you like banana!
    Day 2 - Ciao Bella Pumpkin Sea Salted Caramel (8/10). Flavor is spot on, but it has a pumpkin puree like texture I didn't care for. However, very macro friendly! 190 cals - 9f/24c/3p per serving
    Day 3 - Talenti - Toasted Almond (currently consuming). 230 cals - 10f/27c/7/p per serving. Giving this one a 10/10 (I'm biased towards almonds though). Chopped almonds, brown sugar & maple syrup swirl in a sweet cream base. Good mix of salty & sweet. nom nom nom.
    Day4 - Three Twins Butterscotch Pecan - Currently Eating, will edit after consumed. Heavier macros on this one... 230 cals - 15f, 21c/3p. Flavor is really good on this one. Another mix of sweet and salt. However, the texture kinda sucked.... I was expecting it to be much creamier considering the 15g fat per serving. I guess the majority of the fat came from the chopped pecans though. I personally wouldn't waste 60g fat on a whole pint again moving forward. 7.5/10

Day 5 - Maple's Organics Cardamom Ginger - Great macros on this one... 150 cals - 9f/17c/3p. I had my hesitations about this one, but damn... 10/10! Very refreshing flavor, texture was very creamy! Cant beat that, good macros & good flavor. Highly recommend this one! **Just got to near the bottom and there was a huge candied ginger piece, motherofpearl it was yummy!
    KSDuuu7.jpg?1

plz excuse my sorry excuse for a "beard"
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    All fresh daily custard flavors at a local joint. Im cutting weight so I'm eating these 75c baby cones. Imma hit 10% while doing this cleanse. Moderation is key brah.

Day 1:Heath Brickle Crunch
    Day 2:Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Day 3:Chocolate (these lazy ****s didnt make the flavor)

I also grabbed some Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp since I felt shafted... It was amazing.

I am going on a trip to the place near(ish) me that stocks Jeni's and really hope to score that flavor.

Detailed flavor review to follow, I hope. :flowerforyou:

yes, please let us know how it is!

Unfortunately the sweet potato with scorched marshmallow is not sold at the Wholefoods near me :frown: however they do carry Brambleberry Crisp :smile:
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Fudge Core
    Day 2: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 3: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 4: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 5: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter (Man, this cleanse takes dedication. Eating my way through a half gallon of my favorite ice cream: it's rough! Don't worry though; a freezer full of Ben & Jerry's awaits.)
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    ^ lol good work!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    ^ Agreed.

My serving size will be larger than most peoples. So listen to Sara!

Overall, you can still have your cake and eat it to. Or Gelato in this case...

If you look at my diary, I'm making sure to hit all my macros and micro's as well. I just wanted to make it extra challenging by making my serving size a pint.

I've always thought that Hagen daz came in single serving containers? Ie a pint not those pathetic little ones!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I must have started a day late...

Day 4: Kroger Delux cookies and cream. In a sugar cone :smile:
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this late so I'm only on day 1, just had a vanilla fudge drumstick.. I'll catch up, don't worry

The thing is, I already feel refreshed! This cleanse is so amazing!! I can't wait to go to the store tomorrow and stock up on more things to take away my toxins!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I KNEW the Vitamix would be used every day! I will start with a " Chunky Monkey" shake. Is it okay to add extra peanut butter?
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Fudge Core
    Day 2: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter (best ice cream ever).

Man.... i need to do some work on the PB fudge core. It's going to be so hard to fit that whole pint though.. it's like my full day's worth of fat lol...

It's worth it. I only ate half (practically half of my calories for the day)...but I'm pretty sure I fell in love.

I liked the Peanut Butter Fudge Core better than the Salted Caramel Core. I've also now tried the That's My Jam Raspberry Core and it was good too (definitely worth a try)

I picked this up for my daughter... I don't really drink coffee but I like some of the coffee ice creams I buy her. It was actually pretty good.

IMAG7955_zps8402cfad.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Day 1 -Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby (do I get bonus points if I had it as part of a Red Velvet Pop-Tart ice-cream sammich?
    3c000771-dd59-40db-a135-190253cf3ba0_zps73af1951.jpg
    - Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra (although only about 1/2 serving)
    Day 2 - Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream: Sweet Potato with Scorched Marshmallows - 1 1/2 servings
    29b9180e-fc67-413b-962a-a25388dbeed1_zpsf2b93eac.jpg
    Day 3 - Haagen Dazs Capuccino Gelato - 2 servings
    f82d0c6a-e84a-4994-a2f1-232b7a0581ed_zps68a6bb4a.jpg
    Update: I kinda ended up eating 3 servings of the HD Cappuccino and a serving of BnJ Chocolate Therapy
    c9eaf90e-65b9-4955-a442-6ddf4431eaae_zps2ed6e664.jpg
    Day 4 - About 3/4 of a serving each, eaten together of Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Core and Three Twins Mocha Difference
    55e6dd5a-d891-44cc-8598-f9027cd56b09_zpsbb53ad48.jpga1186816-2bad-4b5d-af74-666f9a5a332d_zps2bff7e28.jpg
    I may not be done for the night!
    Day 5 - So, one for the vegans and lactose intolerant today.. Genuto Chai Latte. This is a really nice non-dairy one. The texture is really rich, smooth and creamy - more like a gelato than an ice-cream and so much better than the coconut or just almond based ice creams. The base is a mix of nuts - cashews, pistachios and almonds - although you cannot taste the nuts. It is a local 'artisan' one and pretty spendy, but worth for the occasional serving. They have other flavors as well, some of which I want to get: http://genuto.com/ I had 1 1/4 servings.
    [88faea4d-61d8-47bf-bf63-695ce3b21c15_zpsed239042.jpg
    Day 6 -
    Day 7 -
    Day 8 -
    Day 9 -
    Day 10 -
    Day 11 -
    Day 12 -
    Day 13 -
    Day 14 -
    Day 15 -
    Day 16 -
    Day 17 -
    Day 18 -
    Day 19 -
    Day 20 -
    Day 21 -
    Day 22 -
    Day 23 -
    Day 24 -
    Day 25 -
    Day 26 -
    Day 27 -
    Day 28 -
    Day 29 -
    Day 30 -
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Intermittent gorging here.
    B&J half baked all the pint yesterday.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, I can't believe I've been missing this!

I just finally got my hands on the Talenti Gelato Pops and I found the Talenti Caramel Apple Pie gelato flavor.

Haven't seen the salted caramel core B&J's yet (but of course Sara already has :grumble: ) , but I did find the PB core one. I want to find the That's My Jam one!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Day1: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel (1 cup)
    Day2: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel (1 cup), Kroger Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich
    Day3: Talenti Belgian Chocolate (1 cup)
    Day4: House-made Beet Granita Sorbet(1/2C) on a brownie, plus a mid-day metabolism boost from a Latino Heat cupcake
    Day5: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter 2C
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this?? The cleanse I've been searching for years for! Might be starting late but I can catch up :)
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Haagen-Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip (10/10). Great flavor & creamy texture. Highly recommend if you like banana!
    Day 2 - Ciao Bella Pumpkin Sea Salted Caramel (8/10). Flavor is spot on, but it has a pumpkin puree like texture I didn't care for. However, very macro friendly! 190 cals - 9f/24c/3p per serving
    Day 3 - Talenti - Toasted Almond (currently consuming). 230 cals - 10f/27c/7/p per serving. Giving this one a 10/10 (I'm biased towards almonds though). Chopped almonds, brown sugar & maple syrup swirl in a sweet cream base. Good mix of salty & sweet. nom nom nom.
    Day4 - Three Twins Butterscotch Pecan - Currently Eating, will edit after consumed. Heavier macros on this one... 230 cals - 15f, 21c/3p. Flavor is really good on this one. Another mix of sweet and salt. However, the texture kinda sucked.... I was expecting it to be much creamier considering the 15g fat per serving. I guess the majority of the fat came from the chopped pecans though. I personally wouldn't waste 60g fat on a whole pint again moving forward. 7.5/10

Day 5 - Maple's Organics Cardamom Ginger - Great macros on this one... 150 cals - 9f/17c/3p. I had my hesitations about this one, but damn... 10/10! Very refreshing flavor, texture was very creamy! Cant beat that, good macros & good flavor. Highly recommend this one! **Just got to near the bottom and there was a huge candied ginger piece, motherofpearl it was yummy!
    KSDuuu7.jpg?1

plz excuse my sorry excuse for a "beard"

I can see the sugar rush, has begun to take affect.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm late starting as I've been under the weather a bit, but I've been loving all the reviews. Sadly, I've not been able to find many of the flavors I wanted to try....B&J hazed&confused, grandma's cake batter, talenti toasted almond, HD caramelized banana chip? and the Kentucky one are the 1st that come to mind. I live in Mass and just went to stop&shop....got some talenti black raspberry chocolate chip, B&J peppermint chocolate crunch and store brand banana fudge chunk (talenti and B&J both on sale and store brand free for buying the B&J so the cleanse of my wallet is slightly less this week, woot! Good thing too, taking a sick day means my wallet made no gainz) Not a bad rotation...and I will be rotating one serving per day as I am trying to lose 40 lbs over the next 6 months.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Is that like a gold rush? What does this even mean?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Is that like a gold rush? What does this even mean?

Well let's see. With the comma placement and all

47805003.jpg

tumblr_inline_ms8o21vHdg1r53nki.jpg
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch (1/2 pint)
    Day 2: Klondike Bar and 2 servings Edy's Slow Churned French Silk
    Day 3: Klondike Bar and 2 servings Edy's Slow Churned French Silk (I liked it so much I had to have it 2 days in a row! So good!)
    Day 4: 1 cup Edy's Slow Churned French Silk and 1/2 cup Breyer's Samoa flavor
    Day 5: 1/2 cup Half Baked Ben & Jerry's froyo with Reese's mini Reester bunnies chopped up on top as a morning snack, and 3/4 cup Breyer's Samoa after my workout.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1/2 cup; 8/10; strong espresso and cream flavors, needs moar ladyfingers. Would bang again.
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core; 1 cup; 7/10; really digging the hazelnut flavored ice cream and the hazelnut fudge "core," chocolate ice cream flavor is pretty standard, not a huge fan of fudge chip speed bumps. Enjoyable, but I probably won't buy it again.
    Day 3: Went to the new market by the gym to look at their interesting ice cream flavors, but I got side tracked by their hard cider options... 330 calories of delicious hard cider later, I realized there was no way to fit ice cream into my day. Wah wah. But the two days on the cleanse appears to be working; I was down a pound yesterday. I must resolve to get back on track today.
    Day 4: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1 cup. Pretty sure that Iliftheavyacrylic is correct; whoever approved the "servings per container" or the serving weight must be dead behind the eyes.

Tonight may be another cider night, but if everything goes according to plan, I'm hoping to have both gelato and spiced cider. Time will tell.

Additionally, I'd like to say that I refuse to take seriously the opinions of someone whose macros specifically indicate less than 50 grams of protein, essentially thinks of water as medicine, cannot distinguish between "lose" and "loose," and peppers his/her profile/posts with random commas. Nopenopenope. Not talking about anyone in particular; just speculating out loud to myself and others.