30 DAY GELATO | ICE CREAM CLEANSE DIET

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The only problem with this cleanse, is that approach is not sustainable in the long run. I mean, what is going to happen after 30 days and you go back to not eating ice cream? You should really be doing something that is a lifestyle change, not just 30 days. So I think you would have to continue eating the ice cream forever.

agree :happy:

That's why its a fad diet/cleanse! I WANT IMMEDIATE RESULTS!

He's here to show everyone how IFFYM works and dispel some broscience BS. Hence his username. And he did say cleanse. He didn't say lifestyle.

Bingo. Positive support for the community that you do not need to remove foods that you enjoy. You can achieve success with hard work and consistency!

And for those that poo poo it as OP is a guy, young and haz moooscles and therefore a high calorie/macro allowance to be able to include ice cream.(Although that does allow a pint v a serving or two)

I am a *cough*46 year old*cough female who does no cardio (I hope the female part is obvious) and my macros/micros for today, with a 1 1/4 serving of full fat ice cream is:

Cals: 1,780
    Carbs: 183g
    Fats: 53g
    Protein: 162g
    Fiber: 24g

which represents a decent deficit and includes lots of fruits and veggies

Micros are (with no multi):
    Vit A: 103%
    Vit C: 630%
    Calcium: 295%
    Iron: 84% (always a little low as I am a vegetarian)

OP: sorry, for the side note :flowerforyou:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ^ Agreed.

My serving size will be larger than most peoples. So listen to Sara!

Overall, you can still have your cake and eat it to. Or Gelato in this case...

If you look at my diary, I'm making sure to hit all my macros and micro's as well. I just wanted to make it extra challenging by making my serving size a pint.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This was on the news this morning.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    ^ I'm going to be famous?!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering where you lucky people are finding all these delicious looking flavors of ice cream & gelato. I swear I've only seen a few basic flavors of Talenti here. What gives?!? How am I supposed to do a proper ice cream cleanse with no variety?!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering where you lucky people are finding all these delicious looking flavors of ice cream & gelato. I swear I've only seen a few basic flavors of Talenti here. What gives?!? How am I supposed to do a proper ice cream cleanse with no variety?!
    Walmart (where I usually grocery shop because I'm cheap like that) only has about 6 token flavors for me, too. I'm betting if you went to a local health food store near you, you'd find some bizarre and delicious flavors. You just have to get out there and search for the treasure.
    Sara posted this link earlier http://www.jenis.com/where-to-buy/ and, while I've never tried that brand myself, I've drooled over the flavors listed on their website. I learned that there's a "Good Earth Market" (basically a local food co-op) that carries it about 20 miles from my door. A lot of small ice cream/gelato manufacturers have similar locators on their websites.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    All fresh daily custard flavors at a local joint. Im cutting weight so I'm eating these 75c baby cones. Imma hit 10% while doing this cleanse. Moderation is key brah.

Day 1:Heath Brickle Crunch
    Day 2:Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Day 3:Chocolate (these lazy ****s didnt make the flavor)

I also grabbed some Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp since I felt shafted... It was amazing.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ^ I'm going to be famous?!

It's apparently becoming a big thing that some ice cream shop started! People are spending $200 a day to do this.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I think that if you look past the smoke and mirrors this is actually a powerful stance.

If you eat a small portion of ice cream you're teaching yourself how to moderate and that foods arent "good" or "bad". Dispelling clean eating and cheat meals would be great.

I was originally not going to participate since I'm in the final stages of a cut to 10%, but, i figured I;d just eat a 100 cal serving every day. Quite frankly, I could do more and still achieve my goals.

If you can't do this you haven't learned **** about moderation.

ETA: Just like IIFYM, those who don't get it will just eat a pint a day [like morons] because some other person can afford to fit that into their macros.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    the pistachio gelato from haagen dazs is amazing. I'll do a 30 day cleanse with just that
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    All fresh daily custard flavors at a local joint. Im cutting weight so I'm eating these 75c baby cones. Imma hit 10% while doing this cleanse. Moderation is key brah.

I also grabbed some Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp since I felt shafted... It was amazing.

I am going on a trip to the place near(ish) me that stocks Jeni's and really hope to score that flavor.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

I am going on a trip to the place near(ish) me that stocks Jeni's and really hope to score that flavor.

Detailed flavor review to follow, I hope. :flowerforyou:
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I think that if you look past the smoke and mirrors this is actually a powerful stance.

If you eat a small portion of ice cream you're teaching yourself how to moderate and that foods arent "good" or "bad". Dispelling clean eating and cheat meals would be great.

I was originally not going to participate since I'm in the final stages of a cut to 10%, but, i figured I;d just eat a 100 cal serving every day. Quite frankly, I could do more and still achieve my goals.

If you can't do this you haven't learned **** about moderation.

ETA: Just like IIFYM, those who don't get it will just eat a pint a day [like morons] because some other person can afford to fit that into their macros.

I agree. Moderation!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Slow Churned Vanilla+Two chocolate chip cookies (I know I know, slow churned ice cream?! I'll improve the quality soon, but I gotta finish what I got first. :tongue: )
    Day 2: Store didn't have what I wanted, so it looks like I'm going with Talenti, Tahitian Vanilla Bean+Slow churned Vanilla+2 chocolate chip cookies
    Day 3: Peanut Butter Fudge Milkshake, from cookout.

OsnT8Dv.jpg?1

Day 4: 3 chocolate chip cookies+ HD stracciatella gelato. Normally I wouldn't eat these things together but it was a weird day, hunger wise.
    xelgF0G.jpg?1

Day 5: 1 serving of this. Didn't do my run, so alas my calories are probably going to be too limited for a second serving.
    The struggle is real. (limited calories=1800 or so, btw)

l3WcSKT.jpg?2
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: hot fudge brownie sundae with Edy's vanilla bean
    Day 2: same
    Day 3: Midnight Truffle blizzard from DQ
    Day 4: Breyer Tiramisu gelato-- awesome-- will buy again. Not as crazy about the ladyfingers but the mascarpone and espresso are both amazing
    Day 5: same-- turns out that either they're wrong about how many servings are in a container or they're wrong about the weight of a serving. *shrug*
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Day 1: 1/2 cup Haagen Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato + 1/2 cup Front Porch Chocolate Rocker
    Day 2: 1 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight (mmm pie crust pieces)
    Day 4: 1/2 pint Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core
    Day 5: 3/4 cup Sam's Choice Coffee & Donuts (I went to Walmart just because of this thread. The icing swirl in this looks a little too much like a certain bodily fluid I shall not name. But the doughnut pieces are ridiculous. Good ridiculous.)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Best cleanse ever!!!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Blue Bunny, Bunny Tracks (1/2 cup)
    Day 2 - Haagen-Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato & Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato (1/2 cup each)
    Day 3 - Talenti Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato, 1/2 cup
    Day 4- :heart: Talenti Caramel Apple Pie Gelato :heart: (1/2 cup) and Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream (although only about 1/3 a serving. i just couldn't wait to sample it)
    Day 5- B&J Cinnamon Buns (1/2 cup) and 1/4 cup of Talenti Tahitian Vanilla that i turned into green tea with some matcha :)

update for day 5: I also ate a chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter cream filling and chocolate icing with dark shaved chocolate pieces on top. It was divine.