Replies

• DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I hydrate with beer
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    A lot of people count it as water. I just log it as a cup of coffee, and don't really worry about it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Way to open up a controversy.

Quick and short, yes.

Many people say that caffeine has the opposite effect, but they are wrong. All modern research suggests that coffee and tea count as water. The effect oh dehydration from caffeine is so small that it's ridiculous to even discuss. It's barely even measurable.

Thereby proving it's not really a "controversy". Some people are just wrong.
    ^^^^^^
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    This again?

oavvz.jpg
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would remove that little feature so people would stop asking this question.

I need more coffee.
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do you log beer as water? No? Then don't log coffee as water. Drink your water pure -- and lots of it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would remove that little feature so people would stop asking this question.

I need more coffee.

2 good ideas. :drinker:

For me, I count water in my water glass. If I put anything in it with calories (Mio, Crystal Light, sugar, milk, etc.), I count the whatever I put in it in my food log.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Do you log beer as water? No? Then don't log coffee as water. Drink your water pure -- and lots of it!
    Where do you get pure water????
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite!
    cjbjz2z4943sfo5rcksstwk87.500x281x9.gif
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

I can get smart water, but it doesn't really talk, so I have no way of knowing how smart it really is.

Maybe it's too pretentious to talk to me.
  • rml_16
    Options

I can get smart water, but it doesn't really talk, so I have no way of knowing how smart it really is.

It just doesn't like you. You must accept that.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Trying to get some certain minimum water intake per day is foolish. Water intake requirements vary wildly based on a million factors, and we get a lot of water just from the foods we eat.

Some days you may need a one liter of liquid. Some days you may need six.

By all means drink water. Drink whatever. Drink when you're thirsty, and make a point to drink when you're actually losing fluid such as when exercising. But don't think you need "ten cups a day" or whatever. That's total nonsense.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Being a Pisces (water sign) I can help you with this. I am the water whisperer.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Trying to get some certain minimum water intake per day is foolish. Water intake requirements vary wildly based on a million factors, and we get a lot of water just from the foods we eat.

Some days you may need a one liter of liquid. Some days you may need six.

By all means drink water. Drink whatever. Drink when you're thirsty, and make a point to drink when you're actually losing fluid such as when exercising. But don't think you need "ten cups a day" or whatever. That's total nonsense.
    Begone with your logic!!
    Do you log beer as water? No?
    I don't drink beer, so no. But if I did, I'm sure it would count. If my pee pee is pale yellow, I'm doing ok.

If only plain water with nothing added did not hydrate you, I would already be dead. In fact, the human race would have died out ages ago, because last time I checked, women did not come equipped with special water-only teats*.

*(bolt-ons excepted, but then, those would kill you faster than drinking nothing at all, being filled with saline)
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I log it as calories and a cup of water. Meh.
  • trisha986
    trisha986 Posts: 139
    Options
    Although I log it separately, coffee is still mostly water and still hydrates you. Your body separates and processes food so it will take the water for hydration purposes just the same as any fluid you drink. I just like to log my water separately (if at all) but that's just because I want to measure anything I eat or drink that has calories separately.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My friend told me once that she wishes water had calories.

I was like

omg_eagle1.gif
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My water goal is philosophical. After being straight up addicted to soda and on the fruit juice roller coaster, i made the resolution to drink nothing but water. Knowing that hydration comes from a variety of sources, but knowing i had a better chance if i focused on the action of drinking water and not the deprivation of not drinking soda really helped. It's mind games, i know but it has worked surprisingly well for me. I can count the number of times I've had juice or water since Jan. 1. Victory for me! So, I log coffee and other calorie drinks as food. My water count is either pure water or water with non-calorie flavoring.
  • jesslagr
    jesslagr Posts: 11
    Options
    This again?

oavvz.jpg

Ha! Thanks for the morning lolz.