Members w/out Profile Pics..

Options

Replies

• VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    FYI, if you use the same pic in your avatar anywhere else on the internet (say your FB perhaps), someone could google image search you and find you. Putting your own face in your avatar is internet stupidity at its finest. Same goes for those people that use the same screen name here for any other tag on the internet. Makes it easy for the stalkers to find your FB, instagram, blog etc. Think smart, people. This is a public forum, not nursery school.

I call BS! I have the same screenname all over the intertubes and the same profile pic in most places. Where are my creepy stalkers?!?!

Be careful what you wish for.

No really. I'm taking applications. Must have profile pic and must not be a dude.

Disclaimer: I assume everyone on the internets is a dude.
    How do I know you're not a chick sitting naked in front of her computer, rubbing the little hairs on her chinny chin chin? :angry:

lolz True creepy stalkers just gotta take chances. That's how it works.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just stated how above! Thank you :-)

I don't see where you answered it.

What if:

Someone sent your child "teenager" a friend request on a social network and that person had no picture? There wouldn't be no level of concern to you AT ALL???

Hmmm... sorry that I'd be a parent that would care enough to know who's talking to my child..

And please don't tell me your child "teenager" wouldn't be allowed to have a Facebook!!

Anyway, just because we are adults and assuming that most of us are smart adults, doesn't mean that you cant be a little cautious with who you socialize on the internet.

Maybe, just maybe, you can't judge a person's character based on a lack of profile picture or filled out profile. Maybe, just maybe, it's possible that someone with a filled out profile and pic has just as much of a chance at being 'creepy' as a person with one blank.

Maybe, just maybe some of the people that keep it blank are just being a little cautious about how they socialize on the internet.

Maybe.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just stated how above! Thank you :-)

I don't see where you answered it.

What if:

Someone sent your child "teenager" a friend request on a social network and that person had no picture? There wouldn't be no level of concern to you AT ALL???

Hmmm... sorry that I'd be a parent that would care enough to know who's talking to my child..

And please don't tell me your child "teenager" wouldn't be allowed to have a Facebook!!

Anyway, just because we are adults and assuming that most of us are smart adults, doesn't mean that you cant be a little cautious with who you socialize on the internet.

Maybe, just maybe, you can't judge a person's character based on a lack of profile picture or filled out profile. Maybe, just maybe, it's possible that someone with a filled out profile and pic has just as much of a chance at being 'creepy' as a person with one blank.

Maybe, just maybe some of the people that keep it black are just being a little cautious about how they socialize on the internet.

Maybe.

Right.. I think I got all of that.. :)
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Does it even matter if there''s a pic or not. It's like everyone requesting a message when they get a friend request. hahaha!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.

I have a friend that has no avatar or pic, but they socialize and are very supportive. I could care less what they look like.

I don't care how anyone looks like either because I'm not near perfect myself but I'd like to have a face match a name!

Can't you understand the desire for some to have some bit of anonymity? That doesn't make them creepy.

With respect to anonymity, some people don't want coworkers, school mates, family members, who may randomly come across them on the boards know their business on here. It's not creepy to want privacy. Additionally, how many people have pics/avis that are not of them. Just because I put a pic up of some cute girl, doesn't mean that I am, and it certainly doesn't mean that creepiness won't ensure.

As for your original question, I prefer at least a message with a friend request. I do occasionally delete people.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about getting fr's from profiles with member pics. (Has this joke been made yet? I can't be expected to read 5 pages to find out.)
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Does it even matter if there''s a pic or not. It's like everyone requesting a message when they get a friend request. hahaha!!!

I love that tat! lol. Pretty cool looking.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about getting fr's from profiles with member pics. (Has this joke been made yet? I can't be expected to read 5 pages to find out.)

kind of, but that's ok
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Some of us want to keep our privacy. I don't understand the need to be so open on the internet. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don't care if others do not have pics, but they need to send me a message and their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.
    This is my approach too. Although I still think uploading *some* picture is better than leaving the grey-face there. Just uploading a random picture makes the person seem more approachable and real. I guess it also gives some indication of their personality too, without compromising their privacy. I don't think I have any grey-faces on my friend list, but then I dunno if any have added me either...

You summed it up a lot better than I did!! I would add someone that has "some" kind of picture over someone who doesn't have one at all.

Even that rabbit that is so adorable!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :tongue:

Honestly, this is far from a real fitness site. This is more like FB or Myspace now.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Some of us want to keep our privacy. I don't understand the need to be so open on the internet. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don't care if others do not have pics, but they need to send me a message and their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.
    This is my approach too. Although I still think uploading *some* picture is better than leaving the grey-face there. Just uploading a random picture makes the person seem more approachable and real. I guess it also gives some indication of their personality too, without compromising their privacy. I don't think I have any grey-faces on my friend list, but then I dunno if any have added me either...

You summed it up a lot better than I did!! I would add someone that has "some" kind of picture over someone who doesn't have one at all.

Honestly, this is far from a real fitness site. This is more like FB or Myspace now. Be honest, you're here just to hook up or cyber with someone and that's why you want to see a pic!
    :huh:
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Honestly, this is far from a real fitness site. This is more like FB or Myspace now. Be honest, you're here just to hook up or cyber with someone and that's why you want to see a pic!

OK.. lol.. Um my pictures aside from mine (that don't show anything inappropriate) are all of my family! I'm married... Yeah I'm definitely "cyber-ing" or "hook-ing" up with people here on MFP!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,095 Member
    Options
    Meh, there are no pics of me on my account.

Having said that, I don't send friend requests anyway.

If anyone sends me a friend request I accept it.

I am not a very active friend though, I must confess.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

OK.. lol.. Um my pictures aside from mine (that don't show anything inappropriate) are all of my family! I'm married... Yeah I'm definitely "cyber-ing" or "hook-ing" up with people here on MFP!
    o snap, where do I send in my application to be your mfp wife.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't care about pictures or messages. I don't see a need to post them.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I could care less. Why would someone care about that anyway?
    tumblr_ma64s4kL9F1r1emlm.gif
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    no
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Having friends with no pic makes it very difficult to remember who is who sometimes. I don't care if it is not the real you or if it's a picture of a chicken....PUT SOMETHING UP!

And oh yeah, i assume all non pic people are actually Gray Aliens with no face secretly spying on us to see what kind of foods we eat so they can determine what we might taste like before they teleport us to their planet and eat us. That is why they use the quick add calories......the MFP system does not have accurate Macros for BBQ human.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Having friends with no pic makes it very difficult to remember who is who sometimes. I don't care if it is not the real you or if it's a picture of a chicken....PUT SOMETHING UP!

And oh yeah, i assume all non pic people are actually Gray Aliens with no face secretly spying on us to see what kind of foods we eat so they can determine what we might taste like before they teleport us to their planet and eat us. That is why they use the quick add calories......the MFP system does not have accurate Macros for BBQ human.
    That's the function of the probe. Gets all the macro informat...
    I mean. I know nothing! NOTHING!!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    No pics and blank profiles have me hitting the decline/delete button.

I mean, if you can't even put forth the effort to add some info to your MFP account, how the hell are you gonna muster up the effort required to achieve successful, long-term health and fitness goals?

This is plain silly in my opinion. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Maybe a person is not interested in revealing too much about themselves? Maybe they don't feel the need for a picture or a profile? Maybe there is some other reason to that? It does not automatically mean that they are not committed to their weight loss.

Personally, I accept friend request from anyone, picture or not, profile or not. A long as they are interested in making a change, we likely have enough in common to be friends - at least within this specific goal.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Nope