Options

Replies

• StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    bad breath
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I have a big fear of escalators & elevators, both for different reasons. I also really hate sewer grates & drains.
  • tinileak92
    Options
    This sounds weird but the noise green beans make when you chew them! Ewww gives me the creeps thinking about it haha!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    saprophytic phobia -- fear of mold

I seriously freak the F^%& out if I think there's mold around, I'm afraid I'll inhale it and it will rot my face off. I know, it's crazy and irrational, but it's my phobia.
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    Sticky Hands
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Rubbing your eyebrows the wrong way!!! cringe!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Jelly smears on the counter.

Falling in the shower.

Driving on snow (if it's snowin' I'm not goin')

Garden dirt getting packed under my fingernails (((((shudder!)))))
  • AnIrishLibra
    AnIrishLibra Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Zombies - They give me nightmares. But yet I love walking dead. (Though I can't watch it alone)
    Plane crashes
    Blood - LOTS of it.
    Tomatoes - Can't stand the touch or smell of them. But not "scared" of them.
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    honey bee stings and shih Tzu dogs...i'd rather face a pitbull or st Bernard than one of those damn ankle biters
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Phobia - n. An unreasonable fear.

A lot of people here are posting very reasonable fears (i.e. - being hit by a train, drowning, being stabbed, bee stings..)

I know a guy with a fear of fish.
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love how so many of you have the same phobias as I do! I don't feel as weird anymore. Here are mine:

- I hate going over bridges (any type - doesn't matter how short or how long they are)
    - Tunnels scare the crap out of me
    - I hate trains and buses (mostly it's the feeling of being trapped in there)
    - Escalators and Elevators (I will ALWAYS take the stairs, and if there are no stairs, I just do not go into the store/restaurant)
    - Driving on the highway
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Clowns
    Balloon Animals
    Clowns with and/or making balloon animals
    Mascots (even though I was one once)
    Spiders (I killed my very first one this year without screaming...usually if I kill I scream, a warrior-type yell, but not really.)
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    parallelograms
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy, pregnant women, childbirth and new born babies (it's called tokophobia and it's a real thing)

I also have tokophobia, but mine's just the pregnancy and childbirth. Literally makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. (Seriously, I gag and stuff)

I'm horribly afraid of mirrors, mainly in the dark. I can handle looking at them during the day/with the lights on, but they're evil things. When the lights are off I have to block off the view of the mirror with my hand, and I hate seeing them in my peripheral vision at any time. I'd go in to more detail about how they're doorways/your reflection is basically evil/who knows what's looking back through them at you, but I don't want to sound too crazy :indifferent:

I'm also pretty afraid of the dark, more so now than when I was younger. I get constant flack from my flatmate about it since I told him, and he threatens to switch off the fuse for my room sometimes (though I don't think he would).

I used to be afraid of tape measures, and couldn't even hold one, but thankfully got over that. (Though my heart still races a bit, I hate the idea of them pinging back and the metal bit cutting me or something)

And spiders, but that's obviously pretty common.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    fruit - it smells like rot to me. Makes me gag to even think about it.

maggots
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Snakes....scream and cry and run all at once
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1. Murky bodies of water with a drain that I have to stick my hand into (sinks, bathtubs, toilet tanks)... Think the Grudge movie

2. Floor drains... The movie It

3. Standing on the edge of cliffs or building... I don't free heights, I fear falling accidentally!

4. Zombies!

5. Little kids too close to busy streets... They don't pay enough attention and wouldn't stand a chance against a 2 ton vehicle
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have an incredible fear of things that can eat me. Bears, sharks, zombies, dinosaurs. Bad to the point where for example if i had to go down into the basement and it's dark i think what if there's a bear down there LOL... things like that.

Also wet hair. I freaking hate wet hair, I can't shower at gyms because of it. Wet hair on the shower wall (I have 4 sisters all with long hair) makes me literally vomit.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I'm horribly afraid of mirrors, mainly in the dark. I can handle looking at them during the day/with the lights on, but they're evil things. When the lights are off I have to block off the view of the mirror with my hand, and I hate seeing them in my peripheral vision at any time. I'd go in to more detail about how they're doorways/your reflection is basically evil/who knows what's looking back through them at you, but I don't want to sound too crazy :indifferent:

Mirrors freak me out to. They are portals to hell. I think if you spend to much time looking in one it can steal your soul. People think im weird for that. When i was a teenage i had a vanity in my room that was my moms and i kept a dark sheet over it. And i had these spider web things that was old halloween decor, they were metal. I think thry came eith some halloween arch thing my mom had. When it got broken I took them off of it and used them too keep the sheet on the mirror. Until we moved in this place i refused to have one in my room. I just have in because my fiance has this skull one he wanted up. But i wont let them in my living room or anything. Only reason im cool with the one in my room is because where it is i cant see it unless i look over there
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Mirrors freak me out to. They are portals to hell. I think if you spend to much time looking in one it can steal your soul. People think im weird for that. When i was a teenage i had a vanity in my room that was my moms and i kept a dark sheet over it. And i had these spider web things that was old halloween decor, they were metal. I think thry came eith some halloween arch thing my mom had. When it got broken I took them off of it and used them too keep the sheet on the mirror. Until we moved in this place i refused to have one in my room. I just have in because my fiance has this skull one he wanted up. But i wont let them in my living room or anything. Only reason im cool with the one in my room is because where it is i cant see it unless i look over there

Second part of that was me....idk why it double quoted me :(