The only thing I fear is Alzheimer's.
  • KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Onions in cooked in food.... cannot bring myself to eat - IDKY
  • Manic5781
    Manic5781 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Bugs, not all but the ones with long legs or the ones that cause people to act like they are in bath salts and die. So pretty much spiders and centipedes and the like.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate centipedes and silver fish. Squiggly bugs that can bite. Yuck!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Clowns
    Balloon Animals
    Clowns with and/or making balloon animals
    Mascots (even though I was one once)
    Spiders (I killed my very first one this year without screaming...usually if I kill I scream, a warrior-type yell, but not really.)
    You would hate me. I want to learn to make balloon animals lol.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    raisins- gross and scary.
    anything with the consistency of oatmeal on my hands ( I freak the hell out)
    people who pop their necks ( but only their necks.. I feel like they are going to die) lol
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Rubbing your eyebrows the wrong way!!! cringe!

OMG. Me too - my hubs likes to do it to bother me and I get all shivery and blech. I hate it!

I also have a silly phobia about Pigeons. I think it's they way that they move their heads around all jerky and such.

I am also afraid of the river in our city; it is murky water and I'm convinced it is full of bodies.
  • jchap389
    jchap389 Posts: 54
    Options
    Velvet and taxidermy. Strange, I know.
  • thxo
    thxo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of measuring tapes.. I always feel like when it slides back super quick it's going to chop off one of my limbs.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Tiny rooms packed with tons of people. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

oh so this!!!!! I never used to have issues with it.... then went to Walmart one Christmas, and actually had to leave my cart of goodies and exit the store! Now when I go to Walmart, get in elevators, and airplanes.... heart starts beating super fast, I get flushed and feel like I need to run.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    People touching belly buttons(particularly mine - vom),clowns,spiders and (not quite a phobia but it makes me feel very uncomfortable), full facial beards.x
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    One word ... SNAKES!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy, pregnant women, childbirth and new born babies (it's called tokophobia and it's a real thing)

I also have tokophobia, but mine's just the pregnancy and childbirth. Literally makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. (Seriously, I gag and stuff)

I don't really think I have tokophobia or anything -- I have been in the room when a friend gave birth, twice, and although I am militantly childfree by choice (NEVER having kids myself) I don't really get that freaked out thinking about that stuff.

However, a LOT of baby related items gross me out and/or freak me out. The scent of baby shampoo, lotion, formula, and especially baby wipes...SO gross to me. Really disgusting. Honestly to me those smells are worse than dirty diapers.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i am afraid of fish. I wont swim in the lake or ocean because I am afraid one will touch me. I get irked out even thinking about it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    i am afraid of fish. I wont swim in the lake or ocean because I am afraid one will touch me. I get irked out even thinking about it.

I don't mind fish at all even in that situation. But on the very rare occasion that I do more than just kind of wade around in waist-deep water, I'm always imagining snakes in the water or a big jagged shard of glass/debris that will cut me up!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Spiders, especially big furry ones.

Wasps. I run and scream like a little girl if they are anywhere near me.

Anyone touching my feet.
  • thebrokentide
    thebrokentide Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Living in Chicago I am super afraid of walking under the above ground train tracks as they go by, since a lot of them are as tall as building. I saw sparks fly off one once and every since that it was a no go.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Also open doors, all the doors in my home have to be closed. Idky them being open freaks me out so much.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Centipedes-- I mean the really big ones. I woke up one morning in Costa Rica and heard something clicking in the sink, and when I looked, there was this centipede that had to be ten inches long and about as thick as my thumb, running around and around in the metal sink, and each leg made a clicking sound when it hit.

Click click click click click
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Plastic food containers