Lol. Green roast beef!
  • brenannn
    brenannn Posts: 19
    Options
    Subway bread smells like farts to me.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different ... to me, healthy means getting a 6" Subway Melt with double meat, double cheese, extra bacon and heavy, heavy, heavy mayo. I put spinach, tomato, pickle, a light-drizzle of honey-mustard and salt/pepper on it as well.

It's about 1,100 calories for ONE 6" sub. I cut it in TWO so each half of the 6" sandwich is only 27g of carbohydrate - as a diabetic I'll sometimes have this 3" sub as my pre-workout meal.

To me, a 550 calorie meal with only 27g of carbohydrate is healthy. It's simply wrong to assume "low-fat" is the only healthy option.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been working at Subway to get through college for the last 4 months and caught some interesting facts about their food that might surprise you!

The highest calorie bread is the 9 grain Honey Oat. Yes! Its also the highest in sugar which you could imagine.
    The american cheese has the least amount of calories.
    All the meat, cheese, and pickled vegetables are heavily processed so subway isn't always the most ideal "healthy meal", although its better than a lot of places.
    The tuna is made with a HUGE amount of regular mayo! I would defiantly stay clear of that.
    Every subway has a nutritional facts menu so pick one up and take a peep. You might be surprised to find out how many calories can actually be in a seemingly healthy sub.

If I was to recommend a meal it would defiently be the chopped salad with turkey, ham, chicken, or just the veggies. You can choose your desired vegetables and stay away from the high carbs plus most of the dressings are custom made for subway to be less fat/calories.

Appreciate this feedback. I often get the tuna, on the weekends. I eat the wheat bread. I will steer clear of that, could def be affecting my weight loss progress. Thank you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    *definitely

Anyway, the sandwiches aren't that high in calories, they're all somewhere along 500-600 calories for the 6' ones (that is without cheese or sauce though). So with everything it should be around 800-ish. The chicken ones have good amounts of protein too so chicken fajita or teriyaki make a good meal. Now I'm hungry.

800 calories! Wow I don't think I would ever have a Subway again if my favourite was that much!

I usually have a 6 inch Hearty Italian with Chicken and a little Honey Mustard sauce. Just 384 calories.

Lots of Sodium in the Subways but what the heck

I was thinking the same thing. My veggie sandwich comes in at around 300 calories, 800?? Sheesh for 800 cals I might as well just eat some cheese fries (with ranch of course) and a coke.

Read more carefully.

That PP has already realised her mistake and the 800 calories was for foot long.

So about 400 fir most 6 inches, less fir meat less ones.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    Skip the Subway. Chemical laden garbage is served there. I don't care if it's "in your macros" either. It's fast food painted with a "healthy" brush. If you eat that ****, enjoy your cancer.

Oh dear, thread taken to new level of crazy.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

As ever, I'd suggest classifying foods as 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' is in it's self 'unhealthy'.

No
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    No
    No... you don't disagree with this?
    No... you don't have any logical argument against it, but do disagree with it?
    No... you're actually thinking about flying antelopes eat goldfish?

The one word you used is rather useless on it's own ;).
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    No
    No... you don't disagree with this?
    No... you don't have any logical argument against it, but do disagree with it?
    No... you're actually thinking about flying antelopes eat goldfish?

The one word you used is rather useless on it's own ;).

Is a 6" antelope sub healthier that a gold fish cookie or should i just take a selfie.... with bacon?