need advice for rapid weight loss

Options
How can I loose at least 30 lbs in 40 days healthy way?!
Need help!

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Need help!
    Amputate an extremity.
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    anything that you hear will help you do this will also make you sick

losing 12 pounds in 40 days would be an accomplishment.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Need help!

You can't. You might be able to lose 10.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to gain back all the weight, there is none
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You can't.

What you CAN do is start working on healthy lifestyle changes now and have success that lasts you a lifetime.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You can't.

What you CAN do is start working on healthy lifestyle changes now and have success that lasts you a lifetime.
    yup.

you can't have "30lbs in 40 days" and "healthy" in the same line of thought.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You can't. In 40 days you could lose 10-12 pounds. If you start now and do it in a healthy way then you'll look and feel better at whatever event you're losing for than you would if you tried some unhealthy extreme diet that will sap your energy and leave you looking tired and miserable.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    There is a way: liposuction

LOL
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the "healthy" way?

9HY53al.gif

whats the rush?
    wedding?
    vacation?
    reunion?
    beach season?

calculate your TDEE, eat about 80% of that, and be on your way to the new you!
    dont rush it. it'll be worth doing it right.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Need help!
    Join the Space Station program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can have fast, or you can have healthy. Pick one. Or remove some bits.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Think of how long it took you to gain those extra 30lbs.
    It probably didn't take 40 days.

Eat at a deficit and workout.
    At 30lbs to lose only, you can expect about 1lb loss a week.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Need help!
    Amputate an extremity.

or be 9 months pregnant and about to deliver a baby. lol
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's more like rabid weight loss.

It's not going to happen. So what you do now is accept that you will not achieve that goal, work to understand why you aspire to such impossible outcomes, and establish a realistic plan with realistic benchmarks for progress.

Or if doing it smart and slow doesn't work for you...

You could just quit now.

Really depends on your motivation and your willingness to be uncomfortable on the way to sustainable change.

Why do you have a nearly pound-a-day weight loss goal?

Most likely, you'll want to find another way to deal with what you're hoping weight loss will do for you.
  • RiotGirlll
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds in about two weeks but it means you have to eat at a deficit of 1000 calories and do HIIT training every other day. At least, that's what's working for me.

If you're trying to lose weight for an occasion, even losing a few pounds can make such a big difference in how you look so just try and do what you can and you shouldn't be disappointed if you can't lose the full amount in that time.

Also, I just joined, so anyone who wants to add me is welcome to, have no friends on here so it would be good to make some.
  • jasminass
    jasminass Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone telling you, you can't! Umm excuse me but I have four kids and was 208 lbs. I now weight 138. I lost 28lbs my first month of really being serious about losing weight. And it was all FAT honey! You can do it. I can tell you what I did if you'd like, and anyone else for that matter! Shame on anyone telling anyone else they can't do that. I DID IT! Realistically it does take hard work and control BUT, changing the way you think about yourself and your goals will help you succeed. Inbox me Darlin' I will tell you what I did. Diet and all. I should say Lifestyle change because dieting doesn't work! lol
  • jasminass
    jasminass Posts: 16
    Options
    @ RiotGrill) I don't have friends either but we all need to support each other and encourage one another.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone telling you, you can't! Umm excuse me but I have four kids and was 208 lbs. I now weight 138. I lost 28lbs my first month of really being serious about losing weight. And it was all FAT honey! You can do it. I can tell you what I did if you'd like, and anyone else for that matter! Shame on anyone telling anyone else they can't do that. I DID IT! Realistically it does take hard work and control BUT, changing the way you think about yourself and your goals will help you succeed. Inbox me Darlin' I will tell you what I did. Diet and all. I should say Lifestyle change because dieting doesn't work! lol

You're right, shame on anyone telling the OP that fast, unsustainable weight loss isn't healthy. You may have lost a great big chunk the first month but not everyone does, and it should be seen as a bonus, NOT a goal.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't even be allowed to post here.
    seriously.

there is no healthy way, without lasting effects, to lose that amount of weight... that fast.

...and I hate to tell you, honey, but it wasn't all fat if you lost it that fast.

Encouraging this OP to take drastic measures to reach an unrealistic goal within a ridiculously short time frame is more harmful than you realize.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, you sure can lose that much in that amount of time but you'll spend twice as long trying to fix your metabolism to make it healthy again. Maybe plan your weight loss ventures further ahead than 40 days next time ;)

ETA: Plus you'll lose a ton of muscle along the way, which will also take quite a while to gain back.
This discussion has been closed.