need advice for rapid weight loss

Options

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone telling you, you can't! Umm excuse me but I have four kids and was 208 lbs. I now weight 138. I lost 28lbs my first month of really being serious about losing weight. And it was all FAT honey! You can do it. I can tell you what I did if you'd like, and anyone else for that matter! Shame on anyone telling anyone else they can't do that. I DID IT! Realistically it does take hard work and control BUT, changing the way you think about yourself and your goals will help you succeed. Inbox me Darlin' I will tell you what I did. Diet and all. I should say Lifestyle change because dieting doesn't work! lol
    you shouldn't even be allowed to post here.
    seriously.

there is no healthy way, without lasting effects, to lose that amount of weight... that fast.

...and I hate to tell you, honey, but it wasn't all fat if you lost it that fast.

Encouraging this OP to take drastic measures to reach an unrealistic goal within a ridiculously short time frame is more harmful than you realize.
    Yeah..no doubt. 28 lbs in a month and it was all fat?

That is laughable.

Maybe if someone was obese and on the biggest loser it would be possible.......
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Okay OP I'm going to blow your mind here: your weight is meaningless. All that number tells you is what your relationship is with gravity. It would be totally different somewhere else. It means nothing in water. Weight... isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

I imagine there's something happening in 40 days that makes you want to lose a bunch of weight for it. The good news is that you can make a difference in your appearance in that time. Begin by eating at a moderate calorie deficit, do 30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3-5 times a week, and do some kind of resistance, strength or weight training at least twice a week. Make sure to drink at least 8 cups of water each day and make healthy choices. Reach your protein goal, but stay under your sodium limit.

Take a picture now and take another one in 40 days. You can make a big difference in that time - but trying to lose weight too quickly will not help you. Even if you were to lose that quickly, you would be losing such a large portion of lean body mass that you probably wouldn't look very different - and you would be tired and hungry.

Stay safe, stay healthy, and don't obsess over the scale.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone telling you, you can't! Umm excuse me but I have four kids and was 208 lbs. I now weight 138. I lost 28lbs my first month of really being serious about losing weight. And it was all FAT honey! You can do it. I can tell you what I did if you'd like, and anyone else for that matter! Shame on anyone telling anyone else they can't do that. I DID IT! Realistically it does take hard work and control BUT, changing the way you think about yourself and your goals will help you succeed. Inbox me Darlin' I will tell you what I did. Diet and all. I should say Lifestyle change because dieting doesn't work! lol

^^ so what are you selling?
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Well, actually, if you're morbidly obese you can probably lose 30 pounds in that amount of time. But it slows down dramatically as you get close to your target weight. If you only have 30 pounds to lose, total, then you can't lose that much that fast. :noway:
  • Purple_Night
    Purple_Night Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol if we had the answer this site would not exist!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    In before the lockdown.

And the gifs!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I should say Lifestyle change because dieting doesn't work! lol

so you maintained that level of loss then? consistently?

no....you did not.

sooooooo lifestyale change, huh?

most of that weight your first month was likely water.

dont mislead the OP.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, if you're morbidly obese you can probably lose 30 pounds in that amount of time. But it slows down dramatically as you get close to your target weight. If you only have 30 pounds to lose, total, then you can't lose that much that fast. :noway:
    I concur.

Also, considering this person wants to lose 30 in 40 leads us to believe she didnt have the willpower before, so what is the chances of doing a total 180 and doing in that fast.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me? I'm at about 200. Great job!
  • jasminass
    jasminass Posts: 16
    Options
    Woah, woah, woah I never told anyone to take any drastic measures, and yes honey whether you'd like to believe it or not it WAS all FAT! You don't even know me. I should Post before and after pics so that you can see how Fat I was and how lean I am now. Trust me I'm all muscle and I'm not being hostile to you so don't be hostile towards me. I am a member of this community just like you are and you shouldn't discourage people when they have their heart set on something positive. I can post here if I feel the need to. I didn't starve myself or drink lemon water for 3 weeks. I legitimately worked hard to get my results but it had NOTHING to do with your so called "DRASTI MEASURES." Maybe I can help you too "HONEY!" By the way I think I will post a bikini pic for you so you can see there are healthy ways to lose a large amount of weight in a short period of time. It's too bad you feel the need to verbally attack me just because you are uneducated about weight loss. Have a nice day!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

This is true, morbidly obese people do lose fast early on. Willing to bed the OP only had 30 or so to lose, people who "OMG need to lose it NOW!" tend to only need the weight they are trying to drop rapidly.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Woah, woah, woah I never told anyone to take any drastic measures, and yes honey whether you'd like to believe it or not it WAS all FAT! You don't even know me. I should Post before and after pics so that you can see how Fat I was and how lean I am now. Trust me I'm all muscle and I'm not being hostile to you so don't be hostile towards me. I am a member of this community just like you are and you shouldn't discourage people when they have their heart set on something positive. I can post here if I feel the need to. I didn't starve myself or drink lemon water for 3 weeks. I legitimately worked hard to get my results but it had NOTHING to do with your so called "DRASTI MEASURES." Maybe I can help you too "HONEY!" By the way I think I will post a bikini pic for you so you can see there are healthy ways to lose a large amount of weight in a short period of time. It's too bad you feel the need to verbally attack me just because you are uneducated about weight loss. Have a nice day!
    it's perfectly okay to be wrong, and i would expect you to be upset about it. See that ticker down there.. under my post? Mind telling me how I'm uneducated about weight loss again? I can wait.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    How can I loose at least 30 lbs in 40 days healthy way?!
    Need help!
    Amputate an extremity.

Unless you have really heavy thighs, it will take two...
  • jasminass
    Options
    The last post was for Trogolicious by the way. Apparently that persons attitude is reflected by their name. I would love to tell anyone about what I did and help anyone I can. Inbox me if your serious and I'll spare the neigh sayers the trouble of reading this. Just so all know that what I did helped me so much I started blogging about it to help other people. Especially moms. That baby weight is hard to get rid of but it is possible to look great even if you are big. Anything is possible.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The last post was for Trogolicious by the way. Apparently that persons attitude is reflected by their name. I would love to tell anyone about what I did and help anyone I can. Inbox me if your serious and I'll spare the neigh sayers the trouble of reading this. Just so all know that what I did helped me so much I started blogging about it to help other people. Especially moms. That baby weight is hard to get rid of but it is possible to look great even if you are big. Anything is possible.

If you're not trying to sell anything why don't you post your great secret openly? :huh:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Why not just post what you did here for people to read?
  • jasminass
    Options
    Well Trogolicious I'm wrong, your right I know how I look in my bikini so take your time if you want to. I've kept my weight off a year now and consistency is the key. I am happy with myself and if you want to take your time with it that's fine but everyone doesn't feel the same way you do.
  • jasminass
    Options

Why not just post what you did here for people to read?
  • jasminass
    Options
    You know for someone so judgmental about me wanting to encourage a fellow human who wants to make a change in her life, you seem to be the person who wants to know what I have to say the most. Your funny.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well Trogolicious I'm wrong, your right I know how I look in my bikini so take your time if you want to. I've kept my weight off a year now and consistency is the key. I am happy with myself and if you want to take your time with it that's fine but everyone doesn't feel the same way you do.
    science doesn't agree that you only lost fat.. but it's apparent that nobody can tell you anything.

So enlighten all of us. Please, oh please tell us this magic secret!
This discussion has been closed.