What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    I was vaguely aware that in the US they put weight and height on licenses, but seriously, WHY?

Not all of the states put the weight on the license. The height is probably required but the weight is not required.

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    I was vaguely aware that in the US they put weight and height on licenses, but seriously, WHY?

Police use the information from the most recent license in missing persons, someone who might be in danger, or if they are searching for someone who committed a crime. They then post the picture from the license to the media and provide the description given on the driver's license. 'This is a 25 year old female with brown eyes and blonde hair. She is 5 foot 3 inches tall and weighs approximately 145 pounds. She was last seen...... If anyone has seen her or heard from her, please contact the sheriff's office at......'
    This is the best WHY I have to that question. It's also why we renew our licenses so often.

In NC, our license last a fair number of years and can be renewed on line. The last time I had to go into the DMV office for my license renewal, I was in my 40s. My current driver's license will expire when I turn 66. Needless to say, there is a lot wrong on my license. Weight isn't listed, but I am now shorter, my hair isn't the same color or thickness and faces change enough with aging that I would be surprised if facial recognition worked using that picture.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!