"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Chocolate fudge brownie - I did not see the thread in time and already ate it so now picture.  Fail on my part.
    Day 2 - Half of a Reeces peanut butter cup cupcake with butter cream and chocolate frosting.  Only half because she ate the other half.  Also, a serving of Talenti - Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
    Day 3 - Talenti - Southern Butter Pecan Gelato

What's the southern butter pecan like? I've heard rave reviews but I want your opinion because we usually at least mostly agree.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is a good challenge for people with self control.
    As a sugar addict ( I can eat a whole bag of oreos in one day), I simply could not succeed in this challenge. Just writing this for anyone who is in my position and also considering this challenge. It CAN derail your plans. I hope to be at the point where I can practice moderation in a challenge such as this in the future, but not now. I'd undermine everything I've worked for in the past 3 months. I'm finally okay with not eating sweets every day.

With that frame of mind, you'll never be at that point.

So don't buy a 40ft shipping container of Oreos from Costco. Instead once a day buy a Little Debbie from the gas station... and over time you will learn that just a little bit goes a long way towards satisfaction.

Yeah, nah.

do you tell alcoholics to have 'just a little bit'?

Me, I haven't had any lollies for a week and I'm quite happy with that.
    Please do not turn this thread into a debate about sugar, addiction or whatever. This is not the place for that.
    If you haven't had lollies for a week and you are content with that, then good for you and obviously this thread/idea is not for you.

This.

This is a happy place. :flowerforyou:
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i dont need to pick a day i been enjoying myself eating what ever i want everyday ... and in the days theres always desserts :0
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    so1kbq.jpg
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    i dont need to pick a day i been enjoying myself eating what ever i want everyday ... and in the days theres always desserts :0

I think you miss the point.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    This is a good challenge for people with self control.
    As a sugar addict ( I can eat a whole bag of oreos in one day), I simply could not succeed in this challenge. Just writing this for anyone who is in my position and also considering this challenge. It CAN derail your plans. I hope to be at the point where I can practice moderation in a challenge such as this in the future, but not now. I'd undermine everything I've worked for in the past 3 months. I'm finally okay with not eating sweets every day.

As a non sugar addict I can eat a whole bag of oero's in a single sitting. What say you?
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    so1kbq.jpg

That looks great :)
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 1 Hershey's dark chocolate kiss & a package of Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls
    Day 2: 1 Hershey's dark chocolate kiss & a slice of homemade baked strawberry pie
    Day 3: 1.5 slices of homemade baked strawberry pie

The day is still young - have to see what else I have lying around. LOL.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Chocolate fudge brownie - I did not see the thread in time and already ate it so now picture.  Fail on my part.
    Day 2 - Half of a Reeces peanut butter cup cupcake with butter cream and chocolate frosting.  Only half because she ate the other half.  Also, a serving of Talenti - Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
    Day 3 - Talenti - Southern Butter Pecan Gelato

What's the southern butter pecan like? I've heard rave reviews but I want your opinion because we usually at least mostly agree.

I know I haven't established the street cred for reliable reviews but I found it to be really buttery. I think it would be killer on French Toast. If you were into that sort of thing....

I'm still searching for a reasonable approximation of what I remember so fondly from my childhood - Butter Brickle Ice Cream. Anyone else remember this, and/or have any suggestions of currently available options? Google turned up a B&J limited edition something like Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road but I don't think its available now.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    2: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    3: 1/2 cup Talenti butter pecan, 1/4 Talenti double dark chocolate (with chocolate pieces!)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel

Had a slice of this for morning snack, and I'll have some Talenti after dinner. And hey... it's gluten-free... so it MUST be "healthy"

10169314_664604830242399_1471246551432740210_n.jpg

3085076_7154c846e1b4fb730cba96f66e86f534_zpsa2aa2a1f.gif

+1,000,000!!!!11
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 1: French toast topped with Jeni's honey + bananas ice cream
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for breakfast. I'll also have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 3: Chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream (see avatar), two Trader Joe's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds (2 is just enough to satisfy), and a serving of TJ's Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 4: Talenti Sicilian Pistachio gelato for breakfast. 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, and 4 pieces of Brookside dark chocolate covered goji berries tonight.

I bought Turkey Hill's Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates ice cream last night. I'm dying to dig in, but I should wait til I get through some of what I have first. I really wanted to try their Junior Mint ice cream, but when I saw "dairy dessert" on the container, I wasn't so sure anymore.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Nothing :(
    Day 2 - Risen candies and starburst candies
    Day 3- MORE Risend candies and starburst candies
    Day 4 - Starburst candies (The last in the candy dish)

I looked at my local grocery store for Gelato and didn't see it. Anyone on here in Nova Scotia that knows where I can find it?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I made myself a protein cheesecake too. I think I just eat too many sweets.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

I looked at my local grocery store for Gelato and didn't see it. Anyone on here in Nova Scotia that knows where I can find it?

Nope, i've tried most of the grocery stores in HRM looking for Gelato!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Missed posting yesterday, oops. So here it is.

Day 1: Yellow cake and Bryer's Reese's PB cups ice cream
    Day 2: Hostess Powdered mini-donuts and more ice cream
    Day 3: powdered mini-donuts again ... I was hoping there would be a good dessert and the church function I went to but there wasn't. The salads were absolutely spectacular, though. :wink:

I picked up a small box of Valentine's chocolates, planning to eat that today and hoping it's from this year and not last :laugh: :noway:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Nope, i've tried most of the grocery stores in HRM looking for Gelato!

AH nuts! That's no fair! :sad:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar
    Day 2: 1 - Never too much Peanut Butter Brownie & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle
    Day 3: 2 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodles & 1 Peanut Butter brownie
    Day 4: 2 Peanut Butter Brownies & 1 Candied Bacon Snickerdoodle... the brownies are delicious!

2q8zea9.jpg