"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Wild Ophelia - Salted Chowchilla Almond. Already discovering new things. Wild Ophelia is a local company to Chicago with a handful of "unique flavors" - http://www.wildophelia.com/. Kind of difficult to review, but it is a nice balance of sweet milk chocolate bar, smokey chopped almonds and sea salt. Also, if you haven't ever tried it,... I highly recommend freezing the chocolate bars prior to consumption.
    Day 2 - Chocolove - Dark Chocolate w/ Crystallized Ginger. Nom Nom Nom, big ginger fan over here. Rich Dark Chocolate taste (65%) with just enough sweetness. Spicy and sweet ginger pieces throughout, but not overpowering.
    Day 3 - Wild Ophelia - Peanut Butter & Banana - Well, that was delightful :).... Milky chocolaty chocolate with a creamy peanut butter and banana taste (derrrr). Quite macro friendly too. Only 300 cals for the whole bar!
    Day 4 - Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Raisins & Pecans. OMGAHHHHH so good! Rich dark chocolate flavor with a crunch texture from the pecans. I also froze the bar per usual for extra added crunch! A number of gooey and sweet raisins all throughout the bar to top it off. YUM!
    Day 5 - Wild Ophelia Smokehouse BBQ Potato Chips. This was essentially just a crunchy dark chocolate bar with a very mild occasional crunch/smokey BBQ flavor. Kinda reminded me of a nestle crunch bar, just not as textured. You do get a BBQ chip after taste though... pretty unique. I quite enjoyed it :)
    Day 6 - Trader Joe's Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bites. Figured I'd switch it up today and try something different. Had 3 of the mini bars. Creamy cheesecake bites with blueberry and graham cracker sprinkles. Very tasty, but too small and not worth the cals for the size IMO. Also Greek Yogurt bowl with 450g Fage, 350g Frozen Blueberries, 70 Dark Chocolate Crunch Cheerios & 30g TJ Crunchy Cookie Butter
    Day 7 - Chocolove Salted Peanut in Milk Chocolate. This one was great :).... nice mix of creamy, salty, and sweet (giggity). Frozen of course for extra added to texture to the peanut halves found throughout :P. Also, another Greek Yogurt Bowl for preworkout with Fage, Dark Chocolate Cheerios and All Bran.
    YzjMG5X.jpg?1
    YzjMG5X.jpg?1
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 450 ml lemon sorbet, 486 kcal. Okay, won't buy again; should be more extravagant for that amount of calories.
    Day 2: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew. Sugar coma approaches, think I overdid it a bit.
    Day 3: Small serving of salmiak liquorice ice cream, and Daim bar.
    Day 4: White-chocolate cranberry cookies, mint thingies, and a couple of white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 5: Mint thingies, few white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 6: Half-healthy today; oranges and bananas with whipped heavy cream, which was about to go bad.
    Day 7: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew.

Can't believe a whole week is done already!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mid-day snack I had a big-*kitten* Apple Fritter from Breeze-Inn (local convenience store that also makes donuts)

For my after work bed-time snack I had a piece of Red Velevet cake that a friend dropped off for me. I don't know much of its origin... just that it was a leftover at a potluck at the SOB (State Office Building).

I just did a LONG-*kitten* training run, so if I can get off my butt, I might go buy a dozen or so cupcakes or a couple cheesecakes for today.

Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
    Day 2: Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 3: Chocolate Nutella Angel Food Cake, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Rookery Bread Pudding, Pate & Raspberry Wheat, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 5: Safeway Collassal Cheesecake, Talenti Caramel Apple Pie
    Day 6: Breez-Inn Apple Fritter, SOB Red Velvet Cake
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Should I heat up my lobster tail in the oven?

You can steam it or do it in the microwave. I just looked it up. I would think the oven would dry it out?
    I think you found what I found which is for actual lobster. A lobster tail pastry is dough baked, filled with bavarian cream topped with powdered sugar. I'm not going to bother warming it up. Don't want to destroy it. I'd be upset.

Whuh?! I've never heard of that! I thought you meant an actual lobster tail.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Some amount of Cadbury caramel eggs. I think two.
    Day 2: A similar amount of Cadbury cream eggs.
    Day 3: Some PB and chocolate chips.
    Day 4: Half a serving of Cadbury Caramello chocolate. I see a preference...
    Day 5: A FULL serving of the Cadbury Caramello chocolate.
    Day 6: Two servings of chocolate covered peanuts.
    Day 7: My birthday is on Tuesday, so celebrated a bit last night with a birthday cake shot, 5 oz of Makers, some Angry Orchard, and a brownie sundae from Denny's. No picture of the sundae, just one of me being a drunk dummy.
    BnS6S8KCEAAaT4r.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Day 1: French toast topped with Jeni's banana + honey ice cream
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for breakfast. I'll also have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 3: Chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream (see avatar), two Trader Joe's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds (2 is just enough to satisfy), and a serving of TJ's Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
    Day 4: Talenti Sicilian Pistachio gelato for breakfast. 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, and 4 pieces of Brookside dark chocolate covered goji berries tonight.
    Day 5: 2 TJ's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds, my last chocolate peanut butter Pop Tart with Edy's slow churned peanut butter cup ice cream sandwich, and tonight I'll have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl cookie butter in my Greek yogurt and a spoonful of Jeni's sweet potato with torched marshmallow ice cream. *giggity*
    Day 6: One spoonful (13g) of Talenti banana chocolate swirl this morning (still tastes like baby food bananas, but I'm not complaining!), and tonight I'm having a serving of Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate ice cream.
    Day 7: So far I've had 2 TJ's dark chocolate almonds, 4 Brookside dark chocolate goji berries, and French toast with 94g of Jeni's bananas + honey ice cream. Pic is my avatar, since I can't seem to resize from my phone. Much better this time. I used regular Martin's potato bread instead of the rolls, added cinnamon to the egg and used a little lite syrup.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Should I heat up my lobster tail in the oven?

You can steam it or do it in the microwave. I just looked it up. I would think the oven would dry it out?
    I think you found what I found which is for actual lobster. A lobster tail pastry is dough baked, filled with bavarian cream topped with powdered sugar. I'm not going to bother warming it up. Don't want to destroy it. I'd be upset.
    Whuh?! I've never heard of that! I thought you meant an actual lobster tail.
    Don't worry you weren't the only one. When I got home the conversation went like this:

DLV: Did you get my brownie?
    Me: Yup
    DLV: What did you get?
    Me: A lobster tail
    DLV: Ew, fish?

She doesn't eat seafood that's why she said ew. She says she allergic to it. But I know shes lying, I don't believe her. In 7 years together I haven't been able to get her to eat seafood.

She doesn't know what she's missing! I can't wait for crabs this summer. I saw your pics. My first thought was "holy YUM!"
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 2: Talenti sea salt caramel bar
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Talenti butter pecan, 1/4 Talenti double dark chocolate (with chocolate pieces!)
    Day 4: 1/2 cup Talenti double dark chocolate, 1/4 Talenti coconut
    Day 8: 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
    Day 9: Talenti sea salt caramel bar, 170g Chocolove dark chocolate almond chocolate.(this was overdoing it a little for me)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you weren't the only one. When I got home the conversation went like this:

She doesn't eat seafood that's why she said ew. She says she allergic to it. But I know shes lying, I don't believe her. In 7 years together I haven't been able to get her to eat seafood.
    LOL :laugh:
    (anyway: no microwave or it will break your teeth. Oh, and I had a lobster tail with nutella filling once... It's probably the only time I ever bought something sweet and I didn't manage to get through the whole thing. I just COULDN'T. :laugh: )
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

LOL :laugh:
    (anyway: no microwave or it will break your teeth. Oh, and I had a lobster tail with nutella filling once... It's probably the only time I ever bought something sweet and I didn't manage to get through the whole thing. I just COULDN'T. :laugh: )

In the pic it looked pretty large-- I'm not sure I could eat that much nutella in a sitting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Some amount of Cadbury caramel eggs. I think two.
    Day 2: A similar amount of Cadbury cream eggs.
    Day 3: Some PB and chocolate chips.
    Day 4: Half a serving of Cadbury Caramello chocolate. I see a preference...
    Day 5: A FULL serving of the Cadbury Caramello chocolate.
    Day 6: Two servings of chocolate covered peanuts.
    Day 7: My birthday is on Tuesday, so celebrated a bit last night with a birthday cake shot, 5 oz of Makers, some Angry Orchard, and a brownie sundae from Denny's. No picture of the sundae, just one of me being a drunk dummy.
    BnS6S8KCEAAaT4r.jpg

:laugh: Love the pic.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ah.... just realized i double posted the same image... derp derp derp
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate Chip cookie, Small brownie & a piece of randomly cut Chocolate Sheet Cake
    Day 2: FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar (Not sure if this counts, but omg, have you had these? so yummy!) & Edy's Slow Churned Mud Pie Ice cream
    Day 3: Edy's Slow Churned Mud Pie Ice cream
    Day 4: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 5: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 6: Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream, Jello Chocolate Mousse, FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar and Strawberries.
    Day 7: Edy's Slow Churned Fudge Tracks

I somehow skipped listing Day 5, so I had to redo it. Pfft. I blame it on not having enough sweets.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Love the pic.

Thanks. ;) I'm a ham.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    a little late to the party but....

post-23914-Im-ready-Jon-Snow-gif-othl.gif
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz
    Day 3: One Lofthouse Sugar Cookie & around 30 grams of Haagen Dasz. Also some Barkthins Milk Chocolate With Sea Salt for lunch.
    Day 4: One serving of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch and a Lofthouse Sugar Cookie
    Day 5: One Cookie, 76 grams of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch, and one serving of Phish Food
    Day 6: 141 Grams Giant Red Velvet cake ice cream. 1/2 serving Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji, one Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, and one serving Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate. OMG the Talenti was delicious.
    Day 7: 121 grams of Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate, One serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, & some Noosa yogurt with Strawberry & Rhubarb for lunch.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Cappucino Gelato (101g) topped with ReddiWhip Original Whipped Cream (16g) and drizzled with Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup (1tsp); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.2oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 2: Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel Cake (1); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.4oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 3: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Soft Baked Cookies (2); McDonald's Strawberry & Cream Pie (1)

Day 4: Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino (Bottled, 9.5oz); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.10 oz) with (2) Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies; King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 5: Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (4); Kashi Cherry Vanilla Soft Baked Bar (1); Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato (153g)

Day 6: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies (2); Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato (114g)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I wish I had enough lean body mass like you LOLbroscience to be able to eat a reasonable portion of ice cream, sweets, etc and still move towards fat loss. You have A LOT of lean body mass so your resting metabolic rate is very high compared to a fattie like me.

BTW, I find this topic so cute. It's adorable that a big muscular guy has a collection of specialty flavoured chocolates.
    I'm a short girl trying to lose the last pounds, so no crazy BMR here. I can have a reasonable portion of yummy things every day after I ate my veggies and my protein and healthy stuff. It's all about setting a reasonable calorie goal and learning moderation :smile:
    Same here! My BMR is at around 1200-something. GreatDepression, have you noticed that this thread has a variety of people at different stages? It's not just a big muscular guy doing this. We're all still losing and we're eating what we enjoy.

And what do you mean by reasonable amount? I'm 5'1 and yes, willpower/self-control can be hard, but it's just like working out any other muscle you have. It takes practice. The more you use it, the better you get at it.

There was a time I absolutely would have HAD to eat both poptarts in the package, even if it meant going over my cals. Now, I can choose to eat just one if that's all I am able to.

I used to think I'd never be able to go without eating the whole pint of ice cream. Now I can eat a serving or less if need be. Overall, teach yourself that it's okay to stop. That you don't have to finish everything off. After awhile, you'll realize that you do indeed have self control and willpower.