"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running <--- I think this guy knows how we feel. In short everyone wants an excuse to eat whatever they want. But read this anyway.

I LOL'd hard when I got to the "I ran 20 miles today, I can eat what I want" because I DID run 20 miles today, and I AM eating what I want.

Including a slice of Mango Cheesecake and Chocolate Boston Cream Cake. They were both tasty. The cheesecake used coconut instead of graham cracker crumbs for a crust... and I got to thinking "hey... somebody would probably love to make a cauliiflower pie crust". I also had a mocha instead of an Americano today, and I might grab some McDonalds at some point.

2f493c5e-ecd7-4b43-86ba-aa329b9f9cab.jpg

Gosh, I wish I could run 20 miles! Pretty impressive. I can cycle 20-30 miles, but running, most I have done is 10km. But I have COPD which makes running particularly challenging for me. That chocolate cake looks amazing. I have a big thing for chocolate cake.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Including a slice of Mango Cheesecake and Chocolate Boston Cream Cake. They were both tasty. The cheesecake used coconut instead of graham cracker crumbs for a crust...

Holy crap! - mango cheesecake with coconut for the crust?!?!?? :love: Add a shot of bourbon on the side and that constitutes a meal that hits all my required foodgroups!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

That chocolate cake looks incredible.
    That chocolate cake looks amazing. I have a big thing for chocolate cake.

It was. The filling between layers was chocolate cream, and then the whole thing was covered in chocolate ganache. The only problem I had with it was I didn't have a nice tall glass of milk. Stupid being at work.

I got these from a "pie" shop around the corner from my house. I really love her other cheesecakes, but this one was kind of "meh"... I'm not really a fan of mangoes or coconut, especially without rum. The whole time I was eating it I was wishing it was in some type of odd vacation-only giant tacky goblet with some wedges of pineapple and a couple mini-pirate swords and cocktail umbrellas.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    The whole time I was eating it I was wishing it was in some type of odd vacation-only giant tacky goblet with some wedges of pineapple and a couple mini-pirate swords and cocktail umbrellas.

Now you're just being a tease about all this. Something like that would only be served at the rooftop restaurant at the combination unicorn farm / papaya plantation.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Trader Joe's Extra Dark Chocolate Wedge
    Day 2: same ^
    Day 3: Mini Cupcake, white with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting
    Day 4: Trader Joe's Extra Dark Chocolate Wedge
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream
    Day 6: Pepperidge Farms Dark Chocolate Milano Cookies
    Day 7: Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra Core ice cream
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    In for the roll! I ate the other half of my brownie and some frozen yogurt today. It was yum
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I really need to step this up. I am barely squeezing in a piece of Ghiradelli or some Angel Food Cake and Cool Whip (the vanilla frosting flavor is way better than original IMO) with berries... damn wine....

Day 1: Gooey butter cake
    Day 2: Gooey butter cake
    Day 3: Entenmann's glazed donut and 2 bites of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 4: Reese's Fun Size Cup and 1/4 cup of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 5: 1 square Ghiradelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree and a slice of angel food cake with vanilla cool whip frosting and blackberries
    Day 6: 1 square Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 7: Hostess Donettes for breakfast - 2 powdered, 2 chocolate. 1 Hershey's Dark Chocolate miniature.
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    OMG yum. Been reading the description of people's sweets and my mouth is watering while I am lying in bed. I like seeing a thread like this because I was taught that it's ok to have a dessert every day! Love it :)
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Some amount of Cadbury caramel eggs. I think two.
    Day 2: A similar amount of Cadbury cream eggs.
    Day 3: Some PB and chocolate chips.
    Day 4: Half a serving of Cadbury Caramello chocolate. I see a preference...
    Day 5: A FULL serving of the Cadbury Caramello chocolate.
    Day 6: Two servings of chocolate covered peanuts.
    Day 7: My birthday is on Tuesday, so celebrated a bit last night with a birthday cake shot, 5 oz of Makers, some Angry Orchard, and a brownie sundae from Denny's.
    Day 8: Two scoops of gelato from a nearby ice cream parlor. White chocolate Nutella, and Almond Joy. SO. DAMN. TASTY. Oh, and one serving of a Milk Chocolate with Hazelnut chocolate bar from Safeway. Was actually very yummy.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - A sour cream donut rolled in cinnamon sugar (still warm, they were baked off 10 mins before my shift ended so naturally i had to get one to scarf down on the way home) and two rootbeer float flavored marshmallows. Deeeeelicious!
    Day 2 - a serving of Talenti Caramel Apple Pie, a serving of Steve's Sunday Morning Ice Cream, and two vanilla lavender marshmallows
    Day 3 - a serving of Steve's Mint Cacao Chip Ice Cream, what was left of my Jeni's Banana French Toast ice cream (.85 of a serving), 2 vanilla lavender marshmallows and a rootbeer float marshmallow.
    Day 4 - a serving of Steve's Mint Cacao Chip Ice Cream, a dark chocolate covered caramel, and four french macarons
    Day 5 - A serving of Talenti Coffee Chocolate Chip Gelato, a serving of Turkey Hill Lemoni Biskoti, two french macarons, and two rootbeer float marshmallows
    Day 6 - a serving of Jeni's Rainbow Frozen Yogurt and a couple marshmallows in rose vanilla and passion fruit. (passion fruit is ok. i prefer the rose vanilla. it is tastier than the lavender vanilla i have, but none are as good as the root beer float)
    Day 7 - three macarons for breakfast (raspberry, strawberry & plum. the other two were good, but the strawberry one was exceptional!), four homemade caramels after lunch (one lavender, one rosemary and two orange blossom-they are all FANTASTIC) and two cookies that my mom convinced me to try (one was a raspberry thumbprint and the other a chocolate orange cardamom flavor. they were both divine), and for a late night snack i had a rose vanilla marshmallow.

side-note, I had to guesstimate on the nutritional info. i have been doing that for all of the treats in this challenge so far except for the ice cream & gelato. hopefully i am not too far off the mark.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Mom's lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream
    Day 2: Chocolate cookie sammich with almond butter
    Day 3: Chocolate and salted caramel pecan froyo
    Day 4: A Barney butter cup
    Day 5: Half a dozen Barney butter cups
    Day 6: Angel food cake with a strawberry
    Day 7: MY SON MADE ME RASPBERRY BROWNIES!!! :love:

Pics on day 8. :bigsmile:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running <--- I think this guy knows how we feel. In short everyone wants an excuse to eat whatever they want. But read this anyway.

I LOL'd hard when I got to the "I ran 20 miles today, I can eat what I want" because I DID run 20 miles today, and I AM eating what I want.

Including a slice of Mango Cheesecake and Chocolate Boston Cream Cake. They were both tasty. The cheesecake used coconut instead of graham cracker crumbs for a crust... and I got to thinking "hey... somebody would probably love to make a cauliiflower pie crust". I also had a mocha instead of an Americano today, and I might grab some McDonalds at some point.

Mmmmmm... Ok, you can have the chocolate cake... I'll take that loverly, loverly cheesecake. :tongue:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz
    Day 3: One Lofthouse Sugar Cookie & around 30 grams of Haagen Dasz. Also some Barkthins Milk Chocolate With Sea Salt for lunch.
    Day 4: One serving of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch and a Lofthouse Sugar Cookie
    Day 5: One Cookie, 76 grams of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch, and one serving of Phish Food
    Day 6: 141 Grams Giant Red Velvet cake ice cream. 1/2 serving Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji, one Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, and one serving Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate. OMG the Talenti was delicious.
    Day 7: 121 grams of Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate, One serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, & some Noosa yogurt with Strawberry & Rhubarb for lunch.
    Day 8: Couldn't find my blade for my blender to make a protein smoothie/shake for breakfast so I had Talenti Southern Butter Pecan instead for breakfast. OMG this flavor was heavenly. The only flavor I've tried so far from Talenti that I couldn't stand was the Lisbon Lemon. If I can find the blade I'll make the shake later.

How is Talenti's Fudge Brownie?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Mmmmmm... Ok, you can have the chocolate cake... I'll take that loverly, loverly cheesecake. :tongue:

You. I like you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz
    Day 3: One Lofthouse Sugar Cookie & around 30 grams of Haagen Dasz. Also some Barkthins Milk Chocolate With Sea Salt for lunch.
    Day 4: One serving of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch and a Lofthouse Sugar Cookie
    Day 5: One Cookie, 76 grams of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch, and one serving of Phish Food
    Day 6: 141 Grams Giant Red Velvet cake ice cream. 1/2 serving Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji, one Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, and one serving Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate. OMG the Talenti was delicious.
    Day 7: 121 grams of Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate, One serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, & some Noosa yogurt with Strawberry & Rhubarb for lunch.
    Day 8: Couldn't find my blade for my blender to make a protein smoothie/shake for breakfast so I had Talenti Southern Butter Pecan instead for breakfast. OMG this flavor was heavenly. The only flavor I've tried so far from Talenti that I couldn't stand was the Lisbon Lemon. If I can find the blade I'll make the shake later.

How is Talenti's Fudge Brownie?

To me it was better than double dark chocolate but not as good as chocolate peanut butter cup.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Sugary breakfast - coffee with International Delight Almond Joy flavored creamer, strawberry yogurt, and handmade chocolate hazelnut biscotti from a local Italian bakery. I wanted to get some sfogliatelle for the family, but Mother's Day wiped out the limited stock.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in this thread!

Biscotti_zps627d4a6b.jpg
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    Day 3: Ciacco's gelato (custard and chocolate sorbet)
    Day 4: Home-made carrot cupcakes
    Day 5: Moar carrot cupcakes
    Day 6: Last cupcake standing + home-made espresso pudding
    Day 7: White chocolate cranberry cookies
    Day 8: Extra fine milk chocolate with raisins, hazelnuts and almonds. I prefer dark chocolate but I loved it. Background: crappy manicure and a cake in the making (custard pie with cinnamon and apples) for my flatmate's bday. We're probably going to eat it tomorrow :sick:
    5y7tk9.jpg
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Nothing :(
    Day 2 - Risen candies and starburst candies
    Day 3- MORE Risend candies and starburst candies
    Day 4 - Starburst candies (The last in the candy dish) plus a Risen - I couldn't resist the temptation any longer
    Day 5 - One fourth of a chocolate Easter bunny (I ate his ears today) - In actuality, that should be 1/5 of a chocolate bunny (To be specific it's a Mr. Rockstar with star shaped sprinkles in it), when I was dividing up into portion sizes, I got 5 portions for the total grams it said on serving was.
    Day 6 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - I have his head to enjoy today (that sounds really morbid)
    Day 7 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his ears and a bit of one foot
    Day 8 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his feet and part of his body. I also had a Dare fruit snack. Not all the kids were in Junior church today, so I had to eat the rest on my own.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - One fourth of a chocolate Easter bunny (I ate his ears today) - In actuality, that should be 1/5 of a chocolate bunny (To be specific it's a Mr. Rockstar with star shaped sprinkles in it), when I was dividing up into portion sizes, I got 5 portions for the total grams it said on serving was.
    Day 6 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - I have his head to enjoy today (that sounds really morbid)
    Day 7 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his ears and a bit of one foot
    Day 8 - One fifth of my chocolate bunny - Today I had the rest of his feet and part of his body. I also had a Dare fruit snack. Not all the kids were in Junior church today, so I had to eat the rest on my own.
    You are the Chocolate Ripper :drinker:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Wild Ophelia - Salted Chowchilla Almond. Already discovering new things. Wild Ophelia is a local company to Chicago with a handful of "unique flavors" - http://www.wildophelia.com/. Kind of difficult to review, but it is a nice balance of sweet milk chocolate bar, smokey chopped almonds and sea salt. Also, if you haven't ever tried it,... I highly recommend freezing the chocolate bars prior to consumption.
    Day 2 - Chocolove - Dark Chocolate w/ Crystallized Ginger. Nom Nom Nom, big ginger fan over here. Rich Dark Chocolate taste (65%) with just enough sweetness. Spicy and sweet ginger pieces throughout, but not overpowering.
    Day 3 - Wild Ophelia - Peanut Butter & Banana - Well, that was delightful :).... Milky chocolaty chocolate with a creamy peanut butter and banana taste (derrrr). Quite macro friendly too. Only 300 cals for the whole bar!
    Day 4 - Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Raisins & Pecans. OMGAHHHHH so good! Rich dark chocolate flavor with a crunch texture from the pecans. I also froze the bar per usual for extra added crunch! A number of gooey and sweet raisins all throughout the bar to top it off. YUM!
    Day 5 - Wild Ophelia Smokehouse BBQ Potato Chips. This was essentially just a crunchy dark chocolate bar with a very mild occasional crunch/smokey BBQ flavor. Kinda reminded me of a nestle crunch bar, just not as textured. You do get a BBQ chip after taste though... pretty unique. I quite enjoyed it :)
    Day 6 - Trader Joe's Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bites. Figured I'd switch it up today and try something different. Had 3 of the mini bars. Creamy cheesecake bites with blueberry and graham cracker sprinkles. Very tasty, but too small and not worth the cals for the size IMO. Also Greek Yogurt bowl with 450g Fage, 350g Frozen Blueberries, 70 Dark Chocolate Crunch Cheerios & 30g TJ Crunchy Cookie Butter
    Day 7 - Chocolove Salted Peanut in Milk Chocolate. This one was great :).... nice mix of creamy, salty, and sweet (giggity). Frozen of course for extra added to texture to the peanut halves found throughout :P. Also, another Greek Yogurt Bowl for preworkout with Fage, Dark Chocolate Cheerios and All Bran.
    Day 8 - Chocolove Raspberries in Dark Chocolate - Yummy combination of the dark chocolate flavor with a tartness of freeze dried raspberry pieces all throughout which provide a nice crunchy texture. Enjoyed frozen as usual
    oJbrQ0t.jpg?1