"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    In the past 30 days I lost 3 lbs, gained moderation, MFP friends and happiness. Thanks LOLBroScience and everyone else :flowerforyou:

Love reading stuff like this!

LBS needs some sort of award for coming up with this original thread idea, and getting the original thread moved back from the purgatory of Chit, Chat, Fun & Games after it was originally bounced from Food & Nutrition.

When I wrote to Turkey Hill, I told them about his ice cream cleanse, so I was kinda hoping they'd check it out. Could be the start of something. :smile: LBS is awesome. :heart:

hmmm, good idea. we should write to every ice cream company, maybe one will decide to sponsor us and provide free ice cream :D

They're passing my message on to their Research and Marketing teams, so you never know! Also, getting coupons! :bigsmile: That's worth writing to the ice cream companies itself.

sweet! i should write a letter to Turkey Hill right now to tell them how spanky i think their sweet potato pecan pie ice cream is. I wonder if they would send me coupons for that.

I bet they would. Do it!!!!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz
    Day 3: One Lofthouse Sugar Cookie & around 30 grams of Haagen Dasz. Also some Barkthins Milk Chocolate With Sea Salt for lunch.
    Day 4: One serving of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch and a Lofthouse Sugar Cookie
    Day 5: One Cookie, 76 grams of Ben & Jerry's Peppermint Crunch, and one serving of Phish Food
    Day 6: 141 Grams Giant Red Velvet cake ice cream. 1/2 serving Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji, one Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, and one serving Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate. OMG the Talenti was delicious.
    Day 7: 121 grams of Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate, One serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, & some Noosa yogurt with Strawberry & Rhubarb for lunch.
    Day 8: Couldn't find my blade for my blender to make a protein smoothie/shake for breakfast so I had Talenti Southern Butter Pecan instead for breakfast. OMG this flavor was heavenly. The only flavor I've tried so far from Talenti that I couldn't stand was the Lisbon Lemon. If I can find the blade I'll make the shake later.
    Day 9: One pint Talenti Mediterranean Mint yum. Also had a Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie.
    Day 10: Some Talenti Sea Salt Caramel & Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate
    Day 11: Reese's Fast Break. I was going to eat some Giant Red Velvet Ice Cream when I got home, but my stomach felt like it was going to eat itself at work so I had the candy bar instead.
    Day 12: Giant Red Velvet Ice Cream, a Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, & a Temptations Lemon Meringue Pie cup
    Day 13: Brookside Goji Dark Chocolate & A Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookie, & five fun size Hershey bars.
    Day 14: Endangered Species Blueberry Dark Chocolate Bar
    Day 15: Barkthins Peanut Milk Chocolate and Giant Red Velvet Ice Cream
    Day 16: Lindt Hello My Name Is Strawberry Cheesecake Nice To Sweet You bar
    Day 17: Blueberry Noosa with Dole Sweet Dark Cherries on top. Made a Shamrock like Smoothie for breakfast which wasn't bad.
    Day 18: Raspberry Noosa and around 30 grams of Lindt Hello My Name Is Cookies & Cream bar. I also made a smoothie for breakfast.
    Day 19: Protein shake, serving of Wow Lemon Burst Cookies (these are amazing), a half serving of Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji with Raspberry, Strawberry Rhubarb Noosa with lunch, & Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Deep Forest Mint bar
    Day 20: Lindt Hello It's Me Crunchy Nougat bar, 1.5 servings of Brookside, and Jello Boston Cream Pie
    Day 21: Chocolate Protein Smoothie with fruit & peppermint extract (whoo the peppermint was strong), a Peanut Butter Chocolate Crackerful, Hello My Name is Cookies & Cream 53 grams, a half serving of Brookside, and two new Chips Ahoy Birthday Frosting filled cookies. The cookies were pretty meh.
    Day 22: A big *kitten* smoothie I made for breakfast with two cups cherries, one cup raspberries, two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, one scoop chocolate protein powder, & a lot of Vanilla yogurt. For dessert I had the remaining few grams of the Cookies & Cream Lindt Bar & some Sam's Choice Coffee & Donuts ice cream (drools).
    Day 23: Coffee and Donuts ice cream, Dilettante chocolate, and pudding cup.
    Day 24: Sam's Choice Coffee & Donuts, Smoothie, Dilettante chocolate, & Cinnamon Straws
    Day 25: Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream with 1.5 serving of Cinnamon Straws
    Day 26: Three servings of Turkey Hill Sweet Potato Pecan Pie & a serving of Dilettante chocolate. Whoever posted that Weis had a sale on Turkey Hill thanks:D. Bought that flavor, the Lemoni Biskoti, & Gertrude Hawk Box Of Chocolates. They had a sale on Talenti; unfortunately, no flavors I wanted. On Turkey Hill's webpage they have a new limited edition coming out http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/all-natural-recipe-flavors.aspx?pID=535. I wish they had the Eggnog still out.
    Day 27: One serving of Lemoni Biskoti (the lemon flavor was nice & not overwhelming like Talenti's) & 151 grams of a Marie Callender apple pie.
    Day 28: Three servings of Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box Of Chocolates
    Day 29: Three Mallow Cups, ten grams of Dilettante Chocolate, & three servings of Turkey Hill Sweet Potato Pie
    Day 30: Made a sandwich out of Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain 15 Grain Bread & put 73 grams of Turkey Hill Lemoni Biskotti & 38 grams of Jif's Salted Caramel spread. Yum.
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For my day 30:

Banana caramel pie deconstructed - I tried a different crust recipe that didn't quite work too well, and was too thick, so I just put all the ingredients that should have been IN the pie ON TOP OF the crust. Tasted the same ... delicious!

But, I also made pecan pie and pumpkin pie out of the same crust ... does this mean I don't get to share pictures of these with you guys when I eat them over the next few days???

Banana-caramel-pie-deconstructed-cropped.jpg

And yes, this challenge has shown me that if I eat consistent calories each day, not just averaging to a consistent number over a week, then my weight will either stay put or go down to where I want it to be. And this was great to show my husband, who thinks I am a little neurotic about calorie counting, that I will still enjoy myself with food!

Thanks for organising this guys - it has been a pleasure sharing the journey with you all.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    In the past 30 days I lost 3 lbs, gained moderation, MFP friends and happiness. Thanks LOLBroScience and everyone else :flowerforyou:

LBS needs some sort of award for coming up with this original thread idea, and getting the original thread moved back from the purgatory of Chit, Chat, Fun & Games after it was originally bounced from Food & Nutrition.

When I wrote to Turkey Hill, I told them about his ice cream cleanse, so I was kinda hoping they'd check it out. Could be the start of something. :smile: LBS is awesome. :heart:

hmmm, good idea. we should write to every ice cream company, maybe one will decide to sponsor us and provide free ice cream :D

They're passing my message on to their Research and Marketing teams, so you never know! Also, getting coupons! :bigsmile: That's worth writing to the ice cream companies itself.

sweet! i should write a letter to Turkey Hill right now to tell them how spanky i think their sweet potato pecan pie ice cream is. I wonder if they would send me coupons for that.

I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for new flavors.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon
    Day 2: 3 brown butter snickerdoodles, 1 serving of Breyer's triple chocolate gelato, and one rolo
    Day 3: one serving of B&J Mississippi Mud Pie and one serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Edy's slow churned french silk.
    Day 5: small DQ midnight truffle blizzard, scone from the local tea shop, B&J Milk and Cookies
    Day 6: B&J Milk and Cookies and white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar
    Day 7: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan gelato
    Day 8: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar, Ritter Sport milk chocolate with chocolate mousse and Blue Bell Salted Caramel Ice Cream:
    Day 9: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar and 150g Talenti Southern Butter Pecan gelato.
    Day 10: Edy's slow churned french silk and one piece of chocolate cheesecake:
    Day 11: bit of a mish mash today. 2 Nestle Caramel eggs (left over in my desk's candy jar), the last piece of chocolate cheesecake, 0.9 servings of Talenti Southern Butter Pecan (empty now frown ) and half a serving of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 12: B&J Milk and Cookies, Talenti Southern Butter Pecan (yes I went back and got more. Don't judge me), and one ricotta pound cake cupcake with whipped ricotta frosting
    Day 13: one ricotta pound cake cupcake, one glazed Krispy Kreme donut (which was a disappointment-- I'm not a huge Krispy Kreme lover), about 3/4 of a cone of cashews from the Nutty Bavarian-- I may have ice cream later.
    Day 14: Dunkin Donuts glazed donut to make up for yesterday-- it was fantastic-- and two chocolate glazed donut holes, one brownie and one campfire marshmallow
    Day 15: two brownies and one serving of Talenti Butter Pecan
    Day 16: one serving Talenti Butter Pecan and one double chocolate scone
    Day 17: one double chocolate scone, the last brownie, half a serving of Talenti double dark chocolate and half of a godiva raspberry truffle bar
    Day 18: one double chocolate scone, one serving Ritter Sport praline (It was really nice. The praline flavor was subtle though, would have liked it to be stronger.), and one serving Talenti Butter Pecan. No pics today-- scarfed down my squares of chocolate while I was working.
    Day 19: the last double chocolate scone, the other half of the raspberry godiva bar, Talenti chocolate peanut butter cup.
    Day 20: Today was one of those hungry days. I had a lemon zucchini muffin, rice krispies treat, something called "Sugar Cookie Pringles stix" which were much better than I expected for 80 calories, and Edy's slow churned fudge tracks ice cream. I am slightly over calories at the moment. embarassed
    Day 21: one cinnamon roll from scratch, two lemon zucchini muffins, 3/4 serving of Talenti Butter Pecan and 3/4 Talenti Caribbean Coconut
    Day 22: lemon zucchini muffins, chocolate cheesecake, brown butter snickerdoodles (I made the rest of the dough that was in the freezer from last time)
    Day 23: lemon zucchini muffin, chocolate cheesecake, brown butter snickerdoodles, Talenti Butter Pecan
    Day 24: lemon zucchini muffin, chocolate cheesecake, brown butter snickerdoodle, Talenti Chocolate peanut butter cup, Strawberry Ricotta stuffed french toast.
    Day 25: chocolate cheesecake, Talenti butter pecan, a Milkyway Midnight bar, and cannoli french toast:
    Day 26: the last mini chocolate cheesecake, a package of animal crackers, and Edy's slow-churned fudge tracks
    Day 27: Edy's slow churned french silk, brown butter peanut butter cookie, brown butter chocolate chip cookie:
    Day 28: Banana cake with brown butter icing, brown butter peanut butter cookie, brown butter chocolate chip cookie, rice krispie treat, GS Tiramisu gelato (disappointing-- it was good but it really was more like "latte" than tiramisu) and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan.
    Day 29: all teh things. Cookies, s'more bars and fried croissants
    Day 30: one s'more bar and one rice krispies treat
    Day 31: Edy's slow churned french silk and Talenti sea salt caramel
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    For my day 30:

Banana caramel pie deconstructed - I tried a different crust recipe that didn't quite work too well, and was too thick, so I just put all the ingredients that should have been IN the pie ON TOP OF the crust. Tasted the same ... delicious!

But, I also made pecan pie and pumpkin pie out of the same crust ... does this mean I don't get to share pictures of these with you guys when I eat them over the next few days???

And yes, this challenge has shown me that if I eat consistent calories each day, not just averaging to a consistent number over a week, then my weight will either stay put or go down to where I want it to be. And this was great to show my husband, who thinks I am a little neurotic about calorie counting, that I will still enjoy myself with food!

Thanks for organising this guys - it has been a pleasure sharing the journey with you all.

Looks great!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for new flavors.

Would it be going overboard if I said I wanted to try every single non-NSA flavor they have?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For my day 30:

It looks delicious!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting to see if Talenti delivers on my suggestion to release Red Velvet, Pumpkin Pie, and Key Lime Pie
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Today: just so I can post the photo ...

Pumpkin pie, made with a cornmeal and rice flour crust and real pumpkin instead of tinned pumpkin puree. Not my finest creation, but still not bad, all things considered!

Pumpkin-pie-real-pumpkin.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Are we doing 31 days? At any rate...
    Day 1: Gooey butter cake
    Day 2: Gooey butter cake
    Day 3: Entenmann's glazed donut and 2 bites of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 4: Reese's Fun Size Cup and 1/4 cup of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 5: 1 square Ghiradelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree and a slice of angel food cake with vanilla cool whip frosting and blackberries
    Day 6: 1 square Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 7: Hostess Donettes for breakfast - 2 powdered, 2 chocolate. 1 Hershey's Dark Chocolate miniature
    Day 8: Homemade Double Chocolate Bundt Cake.
    Day 9: Ghiradelli Sea Salt Soiree and graham crackers with nutella and raspberries
    Day 10: half a chocolate chip cannoli from the Italian bakery in our neighborhood.
    Day 11: 3 Samoas from the hidden Girl Scout Cookie Stash
    Day 12: Chocolate Frozen Custard from Ted Drewes
    Day 13: More chocolate custard
    Day 14: chocolate frosted donuts and attack of the scalding hot peeps - roasted peeps and burned my fingers in the process!
    Day 15: handful of kit kat mini bites
    Day 16: Delta Airlines brownie.
    Day 17: Stracciatella Gelato
    Day 18: a lovely ricotta mini tart with chocolate chips and tiramisu gelato
    Day 19: a pastry this morning - not sure what it was called... like a croissant with big sugar crystals on the outside and a custardy filling, for apertivo some Italian cookies (one was shortbread half dipped in chocolate, the other was chocolate and nuts and caramel), a Hershey's dark miniature after dinner from our US snack stash...
    Day 20: another chocolate dipped shortbread cookie and gelato - half chocolate, half coffee.
    Day 21: half a pain au chocolat (or whatever the Italian translation is), half serving of nutella gelato, and a chocolate dipped shortbread cookie.
    Day 22: Tried a biscotti gelato sandwich dipped in chocolate that wasn't quite as good as it sounded... the biscotti was kind of stale tasting.
    Day 23: 1/2 a nutella filled croissant, a Lindt dark chocolate truffle, 1/2 cup mango/coconut gelato, and a Lindt caramello truffle
    Day 24: 1/2 cup straciatella gelato and a lindt coffee truffle
    Day 25: 1/4 of a ricotta cheesecake (we went back to the same bakery - it was good but not very sweet) and a lindt coffee truffle
    Day 26: 1/3 of a cream filled pastry for breakfast, half a small serving of caramel gelato after lunch, and half a chocolate dipped shortbread cookie for dinner
    Day 27: nutella filled croissant (first day with no gelato since we got to Italy... I was really full on other stuff and just realized it when I sat down to update this thread!)
    Day 28: cinnamon and ricotta gelato
    Day 29: Lindt truffle and some baileys in my coffee
    Day 30: Hersheys Special Dark Miniature, half my son's chocolate/vanilla swirl gelato, biscotti with my Baileys and coffee!
    Day 31: GROM raspberry cheesecake gelato. It wasn't as amazing as I had hoped for. I also had some a crema croissant and some biscotti with my Bailey's and coffee.

I am sure I did not lose during this challenge, and quite likely gained, but that is from the excess I am engaging in across the board while in Italy, not solely to be blamed on the sweets. I would definitely go another round! Too bad y'all aren't big drinkers because I could totally initiate a 30 day booze cleanse...
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Graze Apple cinnamon flapjack and 3/4 of a blueberry poptart under black cherry ice cream.
    Day 2: Speculoos cookie butter sandwich and a blueberry poptart
    Day 3: 3/4 of a poptart, a red velvet cupcake, and a big cup of red velvet ice cream from my local ice cream place.
    Day 4: Three Salty N Sweet Caramel Chunk Chips Ahoy cookies. Good, but I hate how they're so tiny.
    Day 5: Two salty n sweet chips ahoy, two gooey chocolate chips ahoy. Less sweets since I enjoyed a giant crab cake wrap with fries for dinner.
    Day 6: Three salty n sweet chips ahoy, half a lemon cranberry scone with black cherry ice cream. This was heavenly- pretty much cake and ice cream.
    Day 7- Lemon Cranberry Scone and two sweet n salty chips ahoy.
    Day 8- Lemon Cranberry Scone and peanut butter chocolate ice cream.
    Day 9- Lemon Cranberry Scone and Swedish Fish
    Day 10- Lemon Cranberry Scone and various othe sweets that I don't know what will be yet. Happy Friday everyone!
    Day 11- 3 pecan sandies, A square of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, a large piece of vanilla and chocolate cake at my aunt's graduation party. Two soft M&M cookies.
    Day 12- Soft M&M cookie.
    Day 13- Lemon Cranberry scone and vanilla soft serve frozen yogurt
    Day 14- Finished off the box by having the last lemon cranberry scone, also had 3/4 of a Pepperidge Farm Blueberry Cobbler dessert cookie. This cookie is absolutely delicious
    Day 15- Pepperidge Farm Blueberry Cobbler cookie, half a carrot cake cookie, a slice of Cinnamon Raisin loaf bread from Panera and black cherry ice cream.
    Day 16- 1 3/4 Blueberry Cobbler Cookie
    Day 17- Two blueberry cobbler cookies, and snickerdoodle ice cream homemade by a local farm. It was awesome.
    Day 18- Blueberry Cobbler Cookie and salt and vinegar sweet potato chips
    Day 19- Two carrot cake cookies and an Oreo Vanilla Bean Coolatta
    Day 20- Carrot cake cookie, Devil Dog, and Coconut ice cream
    Day 21- Three carrot cake cookies and vanilla soft serve on a waffle cone
    Day 22- The last of the carrot cake cookies, Betty Crocker Fudge brownie and black cherry ice cream.
    Day 23- Betty Crocker fudge brownie
    Day 24- I indulged more in savory things, the only sweet thing really was dark chocolate cheerios.
    Day 25- Same as above, though had some amazing homemade jam
    Day 26- A chocolate pecan pie Graze punnet, A Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk cookie, half of an oreo creme filed chips ahoy, a low fat strawberry poptart and cherry vanilla ice cream.
    Day 27- Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie, 1.5 oreo creeme filled chips ahoy
    Day 28- Devil Dog, cherry vanilla ice cream
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I ate two of these. I had a dumb this morning. ETA they're croissant donuts. They were freakin' good, too. That's how I got the dumb.

SafewayCronutPkg-thumb-250x187.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ate two of these. I had a dumb this morning. ETA they're croissant donuts. They were freakin' good, too. That's how I got the dumb.

Young lady, those are called cronuts.

I can't believe I've never had one. Totally feel like I'm missing out.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

They're not "the" cronuts, so it felt wrong calling them that. It's just wrong, I tell you! :wink: I've never actually had a NY cronut, but I read that they're not the same from someone who has had both.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

They're not "the" cronuts, so it felt wrong calling them that. It's just wrong, I tell you! :wink: I've never actually had a NY cronut, but I read that they're not the same from someone who has had both.

oooh, haven't had one of those in a while!

i wish we sold them at my bakery. looks like i'm gonna have to settle for a regular croissant or donut today.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

oooh, haven't had one of those in a while!

i wish we sold them at my bakery. looks like i'm gonna have to settle for a regular croissant or donut today.

This was the first time I've seen them at my Safeway. I found a review when I was looking for the nutritional info, and it said they've been available in Canada since before the cronut guy came out with his version. I wrote to Safeway and asked for the nutritional info, if they have it. Maybe they'll send me coupons! :wink:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Too bad y'all aren't big drinkers because I could totally initiate a 30 day booze cleanse...

I've been doing that cleanse for quite some time :smile: However, I think that here on MFP there are enough non-drinkers, or enough folks who train seriously enough that their focus simply doesn't allow alcohol or allows it only infrequently on certain days (whereas fitting in some sweets is still manageable), that such a cleanse thread would be a little less interesting. And as much as I enjoy booze and find it an important factor in my home, social, and cultural life, I recognize that for others it is simply incompatible with their training goals and/or approach to life. I doubt such a thread would do near the good that this one (and the original ice cream cleanse) has done for folks. But if you want to start one, by all means do - may be surprising.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My 31 days are over but I had to share about my dessert tonight. I was at a tapas restaurant and they had something called Crema Catalana which was similar to Creme brûlée only the custard part was much looser than normal and the carmelized sugar had a MAJOR dose of cinnamon. It was the best Creme brûlée I've ever had. I didn't have my phone with me so no pics, sorry!