Popular shows that are overrated.

Options
TattooedNici
TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
Not sure if there's a thread like this already, but here it goes. Name some shows that are popular, but you don't like or doesn't peak your interest.

Teen Mom. So wrong on many levels.
KUWTK. The person or persons that came up with this idea should be shot, maimed and killed.
The Vampire Diaries.
Arrow.
Breaking Bad. Never once have I wanted to see this show.
Mad Men. Same reason as BB.
The Real Housewives of such and such. No. Just no.
OITNB.

I have more, but these will do for now.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad.

I made it through the first 4 seasons, before I said forget it...wasn't worth it to me.

Also, The Walking Dead
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    The Office
    Game of Thrones
    Scrubs
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I agree Walking Dead
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Star Trek
    Scoobie Doo
    Get Smart
  • TattooedNici
    Options
    Zachbooner, I should correct myself. Only five minutes of the show and that was enough for me. Cleared up for ya?
  • Rawry1981
    Rawry1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So much no!

I love The walking dead, Game Of Thrones and... shh.. but the real house wives of EVERYTHING! :P bahaha. The rest that you guys have mentioned are meh though. =)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    How I Met Your Mother - total crap, puerile jokes barely of the standard of a high school play.
    Arrested Development - ok, but definitely overrated
    Arrow - just, no.
    Agents of SHIELD - so much potential, so little made of it.
    Mad Men - misogynistic rubbish (yes, I know they were going for the misogyny, doesn't make it enjoyable). Managed to get through a few episodes and ourselves wondering if anything was ever going to happen.
  • TattooedNici
    Options
    Maybe, I should correct myself. Only five minutes of it. Not the whole episode. Cleared up for ya?

No, not at all.

Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Vampire Diaries is really good if you watch it as a comedy!

I mean seriously the same terrible actress was playing 4 doppleganger copies of herself at one point. It was hilarious.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Monk, big brother, amazing race. I liked duck dynasty, but it got to.... big to quick.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Any of the singing/dancing/talent shows, The real housewives, bachelors or bachelorettes. When did TLC go from THE LEARNING CHANNEL to trivial crap channel, Honey Boo Boo gag me.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Mork and Mindy
  • TattooedNici
    Options
    Vampire Diaries is really good if you watch it as a comedy!

I mean seriously the same terrible actress was playing 4 doppleganger copies of herself at one point. It was hilarious.

That lost me when they started doing it on who was who.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I should correct myself. Only five minutes of it. Not the whole episode. Cleared up for ya?

No, not at all.

Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

And my point is that you can't judge a series based on 5 minutes of the first episode lol

....unless it's How I Met Your Mother.
  • TattooedNici
    Options

No, not at all.

And my point is that you can't judge a series based on 5 minutes of the first episode lol

I don't know. With both of them, I couldn't find it worth my time. Maybe, I'm just weird.
  • Rawry1981
    Rawry1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anything on Food network and HGTV.