Options

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Dexter
    The New Girl
    Any "real housewives" show.. Take your pick
    Say "yes" to the dress.. I feel like it is ALWAYS on.

• JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I should correct myself. Only five minutes of it. Not the whole episode. Cleared up for ya?

No, not at all.

Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

And my point is that you can't judge a series based on 5 minutes of the first episode lol

Agreed.

I think Dexter was pretty overrated. I made it to the beginning of the 4th season before I gave up.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I should correct myself. Only five minutes of it. Not the whole episode. Cleared up for ya?

No, not at all.

Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

And my point is that you can't judge a series based on 5 minutes of the first episode lol

Sure you can.
  • catofcanals
    catofcanals Posts: 20 Member
    Options

^ That's because Breaking Bad isn't mind-blowing within the first five minutes. Sure, it can be slow at times, but there's a beauty in that; this speed shows the gradual development of the protagonist, a seemingly good-natured guy, down a path of darkness in a horrifyingly intriguing manner. Just saying. You should give it another go. :)

I haven't seen the Walking Dead, but the idea of it doesn't really appeal to me. Just because it doesn't appeal to me do I think it's overrated, though.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

^ That's because Breaking Bad isn't mind-blowing within the first five minutes. Sure, it can be slow at times, but there's a beauty in that; this speed shows the gradual development of the protagonist, a seemingly good-natured guy, down a path of darkness in a horrifyingly intriguing manner. Just saying. You should give it another go. :)

I haven't seen the Walking Dead, but the idea of it doesn't really appeal to me. Just because it doesn't appeal to me do I think it's overrated, though.

^This. Breaking Bad is about the transformation of Mr. Rogers to Scarface.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    American Idol
    How I Met Your Mother
    Any talent show
    Any reality show
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    FRIENDS...

Yep, I said it :ohwell:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    FRIENDS...

I almost did.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

Not interested enough to try it, again. A lot of people would ask me over and over if I've seen it or what episode I was on, then acted like I wasn't normal for not watching it. To each their own. Not losing any sleep over a show I don't care to watch.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    never found big bang theory funny, and only moments in HIMYM are funny... not really overall

i get why breaking bad is popular and i think it should be but it's way over hyped, and this is from someone who religiously watched every season and saw the finale the day it aired.

havent seen the walking dead but i hear about it too much.

supernatural... or maybe i'm just not far enough in? i've seen a few episodes and really didn't understand the appeal. the gifs on tumblr make it look so good, too.
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    You have to give a them a chance.. I didn't like Game of Thrones till about the 4th episode. That show is ****ing amazing.

Anyway. I thought LOST was so overrated.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    FRIENDS...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    FRIENDS...

Agreed. Marginally less corny than HIMYM, but only marginally. I could bear it, if I didn't have anything better to do. Like de-fluff my naval.
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Had to think about it..a bit relieved some of the ones i think are overrated others did too.

Arrested development
    Parks and Recreation
    Game of Thrones(i know i really wanted to like this but..it's basically boobs. I DO like Daenerys)

Don't know if this counts but, Spongebob Squarepants too
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld
    HGTV - I know....that's actually a whole network...but trust me...I've been forced to watch it for hours at a time. it's all just the same damn show! *spit* bourgeois pigs!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Mr Rogers
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    How I met your mother
    Big Bang Theory
    Walking Dead
    Dexter
    Two and Half Men
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Had to think about it..a bit relieved some of the ones i think are overrated others did too.

Arrested development
    Parks and Recreation
    Game of Thrones(i know i really wanted to like this but..it's basically boobs. I DO like Daenerys)

Don't know if this counts but, Spongebob Squarepants too

crying-cuteee-sadness-spongebob-Favim.com-255663.jpg

GAH!! those eyes...must resist...