Popular shows that are overrated.

Options

Replies

• LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    FRIENDS...

Yep, I said it :ohwell:

Agreed. Marginally less corny than HIMYM, but only marginally. I could bear it, if I didn't have anything better to do. Like de-fluff my naval.

LMAO
    the ole de-fluffing :laugh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld
    HGTV - I know....that's actually a whole network...but trust me...I've been forced to watch it for hours at a time. it's all just the same damn show! *spit* bourgeois pigs!

My reaction to including Seinfeld:

[d453cfa8d7fdb748e5fbed0905dd1c77d7f2a3b5c649f9cd7c37c02cf02cc33d.jpg

As for overrated, I could never stand Home Improvement. Also, Malcolm in the Middle was popular for a while...did not like it.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The 100. They are looking for a broad reach of ages with a tweenie show.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Any of the singing/dancing/talent shows, The real housewives, bachelors or bachelorettes. When did TLC go from THE LEARNING CHANNEL to trivial crap channel, Honey Boo Boo gag me.

Yep ........all this!

"Reality" shows......yeah right
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld
    HGTV - I know....that's actually a whole network...but trust me...I've been forced to watch it for hours at a time. it's all just the same damn show! *spit* bourgeois pigs!

Yep.

HGTV is just background television.

But here our opinions will differ: I can't tolerate the Walking Dead. At all.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld

I was JUST about to say Seinfeld.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Game of thrones, too. i watched the first season through and just completely lost interest. moves reallllly slow and there's too many characters to really care about any.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what shows people watch who say they hate Dexter, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.
    I need to make fun of their choices.

:heart:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    The Lawrence Welk Show
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad... maybe not overrated... but I had to stop watching it. I hated how a good guy with a good marriage fell apart, destroyed his family, destroyed his marriage... I went through the first season, and started the second, but found the disintegration of his home life so sad that I just didn't want to watch anymore.

The walking dead... I couldn't get past the opening credits where the little girl in the housecoat with the stuffy gets shot in the head. Yeah I know she was a zombie... but she looked like my daughter.

The Simpsons.

I know, I know... get the torches.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Any of the singing/dancing/talent shows, The real housewives, bachelors or bachelorettes. When did TLC go from THE LEARNING CHANNEL to trivial crap channel, Honey Boo Boo gag me.

Not TLC but:

history_zps6dacd21a.jpg

Not sure how to make that look right...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

^ That's because Breaking Bad isn't mind-blowing within the first five minutes. Sure, it can be slow at times, but there's a beauty in that; this speed shows the gradual development of the protagonist, a seemingly good-natured guy, down a path of darkness in a horrifyingly intriguing manner. Just saying. You should give it another go. :)

I haven't seen the Walking Dead, but the idea of it doesn't really appeal to me. Just because it doesn't appeal to me do I think it's overrated, though.

^This. Breaking Bad is about the transformation of Mr. Rogers to Scarface.

i HATED breaking bad. i marathon watched the first two seasons and so thoroughly disliked all of the characters that i wished that dumb plane (it was a plane crash, right?) had crashed into all of them and ended the series.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what shows people watch who say they hate Dexter, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.

Is anyone really making fun?
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

Is anyone really making fun?

Didn't think so, but I could be wrong. Just stating opinions.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

^ That's because Breaking Bad isn't mind-blowing within the first five minutes. Sure, it can be slow at times, but there's a beauty in that; this speed shows the gradual development of the protagonist, a seemingly good-natured guy, down a path of darkness in a horrifyingly intriguing manner. Just saying. You should give it another go. :)

I haven't seen the Walking Dead, but the idea of it doesn't really appeal to me. Just because it doesn't appeal to me do I think it's overrated, though.

^This. Breaking Bad is about the transformation of Mr. Rogers to Scarface.

i HATED breaking bad. i marathon watched the first two seasons and so thoroughly disliked all of the characters that i wished that dumb plane (it was a plane crash, right?) had crashed into all of them and ended the series.

Seems to be a very polarizing show. I don't think I've ever met anyone who thought it was just ok.

I marathon watched the first season over a couple of night during a bad spell of insomnia. I was completely hooked, and enjoyed it thoroughly to the end.

But heck, the world would be pretty dull if we all liked exactly the same thing, right? Though admittedly it would be easier to find something good on TV.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

ok, I'll bite...

I watch a few shows religiously...
    - Intelligence (well until the *kitten* took it off the network I get)
    - S.H.I.E.L.D
    - Once Upon A Time
    - Grey's Anatomy (I know, I know... loser)
    - Ink Master
    - Bad Ink

and enjoy repeats of:
    - Criminal Minds
    - Bones
  • karmac0matic
    Options

my favorite shows are hannibal, suits, and (currently... not feeling it so much but) the blacklist (used to be a lot better/more riveting) i did like breaking bad but ugh too much talk about it being "the best show" ...
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFrZ_mXC-G0janxeYMmvuH_7bXVvgPDDJwLgs2dyNIevBDEidcTA

Doctor Who.
  • karmac0matic
    Options
    ah yes dr.who as well. i dont get the obsession around that. i've seen 3 seasons of it. it was just corny as all hell

EDIT: forgot to mention i LOVE sherlock... just forgot because it's gonna be forever til it comes back again __________
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Star Trek
    Scoobie Doo
    Get Smart

200_s.gif

You have broken my heart.