Popular shows that are overrated.

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    How can you hate on OITNB? It's amazing. I'm a big Game of Thrones fan, too. And Vikings!

I used to love Walking Dead, but it went downhill for me. I think it's a bit overrated now.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Fort Boyard

Since you mentioned Scooby Doo earlier I can no longer trust your opinion. Seriously, who doesn't like Scooby Doo! My heart haz sad :cry: :brokenheart:

And for those of you taking the Chit-Chat thread a little too seriously - the above comment was sarcasm!

I have declined watching a show because I didn't like the friggin' previews!

OP - Can we add Here Comes Honey Boo Boo to the list? I feel no explanation is needed for my reasons.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad and Mad Men are two of my favorite shows ever.

And I actually watch a few episodes before I make my opinions....
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Seinfeld. i just never thought it was funny.

Glee after season 3 - the production staff didn't bring in new freshmen every year and it kind of killed the show IMO

Lost - i just never could get into it, which is weird b/c i love the other stuff the cast has done

Dancing with the Stars - just don't get it. i watch SYTYCD and i love it, but DwtS is just... mind-numbing

most of the shows that are hyped that i don't watch, it's b/c that's not where i want to spend an hour every week - like Breaking Bad and Prison Break
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Fort Boyard

God, I remember this, the one with dirty Den in it :laugh:
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sopranos yes i said it. Now come get me. I think that Breaking Bad was the best show on TV (in my day). Sopranos was at times boring, you would go 2 sometimes even 3 episodes with nothing happening, only story telling, yes of course you need to develop a story and characters. With BB you always had a story and something happened almost every episode, it was perfect TV.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Fort Boyard

Since you mentioned Scooby Doo earlier I can no longer trust your opinion. Seriously, who doesn't like Scooby Doo! My heart haz sad :cry: :brokenheart:

And for those of you taking the Chit-Chat thread a little too seriously - the above comment was sarcasm!

I have declined watching a show because I didn't like the friggin' previews!

OP - Can we add Here Comes Honey Boo Boo to the list? I feel no explanation is needed for my reasons.

Thank you, doll! I guess I was supposed to waste my time on something for a long period of time before drawing my own conclusions. They didn't peak my interest, what-so-ever.

And, yes... let's add Honey to the list. The show's so wrong on many levels, just like Gypsy Sisters.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I refuse to watch any show with a killer & /or drug addict/ seller as a main character. Weeds, breaking bad, Dexter for examples.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Vampire Diaries is really good if you watch it as a comedy!

I mean seriously the same terrible actress was playing 4 doppleganger copies of herself at one point. It was hilarious.

Many people who enjoy Vampire Diaries *ahem, me*... don't watch it for the plot, story line or writing... it is all about Damon, "it's his eyes". Five years and the eyes just get better and better! Just saying! :-)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    How I Met Your Mother (worst acting ever) and Glee.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    How I Met Your Mother (worst acting ever). .

No
  • TattooedNici
    Options

a couple minutes? if I stopped watching a show based on a couple minutes I don't think that I'd watch anything. first episodes are usually boring as hell to start out cause they're introducing you to the cast and supposed plot.

I like to think there's a line between watching the opening credits and bailing versus slogging through a season and a half for something to get good, as an above poster said.

I think in between that we have sanity.

But also, you don't have to try something to know you don't like it. If you do I need to go apologize in 358 Shakeology threads...

I do apologize for letting my temper get the best of me. It is just a thread, after all. Drinks on the house for everyone! :drinker:
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Some of these listed make me want to slap you with a rotten fish for even mentioning them as "overrated". Shame on you...shame...
  • fairyface87
    fairyface87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Downton Abbey!! :ohwell: My family always insist on watching the hour and a half Christmas special every year and it is HELL!

Bill Bailey got it right when he said "nothing much happens, in one scene moss grows on a butler in real time."
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Friends with Better Lives - Too many sub plots
  • TattooedNici
    Options
    Some of these listed make me want to slap you with a rotten fish for even mentioning them as "overrated". Shame on you...shame...

But, but...?
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Walking Dead,
    Boardwalk Empire,
    Cold Case,
    Blacklist
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    First and foremost no reality shows should be listed, as they would have to be well rated to be overrated. Reality tv is crap targeted at the dumbest members of society. It's not "real", they're poorly scripted shows with untrained actors. Before "crazy Theresa" flips that table at dinner the cameras get in position, they check to make sure the lighting is right, then they tell her, "Ok Theresa, time to act crazy and flip a table." And people fall for it.
    Agents of SHIELD - so much potential, so little made of it.
    This. It's the first time anything Joss Whedon has touched let me down. sad

Seriously. I love everything he's done, I love Marvel comics, and it was so dull I couldn't watch more than the first few episodes. So much wasted potential. They have a huge universe to draw from, tie in possibilities with the #1 movies in the world, and it was just flat. None of it even felt like "Joss."

I was getting to that point to but I kept watching. It started getting better. It was a really slow start to such a show. Then they tied it into Captain America and I was glad I kept up with it. And now it's kind of taking over where Captain America ended.