200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I finished up yesterday decently. I was within calories and then I worked out on the wii fit plus for about an hour (after all the button clicking, it was probably around 40 minutes of actual butt-off-the-couch time). This morning I was down to 214.6. But instead of my usual cereal and yogurt, I opted for a big piece of chocolate cake. It was delicious.

anyways, I need to get some production in for today
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    2 days of eating good!!! Day 24 - Kenpo X done!!! Sorry gotta run to get to work. I'll catch up soon. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I think I might be getting the flu. I've been ridiculously exhausted and kinda nauseous as well as alternating between hot and cold all day. I did manage to slog my way through YogaX (92 minutes) but I have a headache now. I think I'll nap or something.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Get some rest Amy! Hope you feel better soon!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    just a quick check in- will catch up with everyone's posts. Work is crazy, but am looking forward to the new job transition. I'm meeting with the person i'm replacing every day next week for a couple hours each day to continue to learn the job. there is a lot of stuff!

both exercise and eating fail yesterday, which pisses me off. was just tired and didn't want to do anything, so broke my t-giving goal of working out every day this week and staying under calories.

today i'm hoping to leave the office bit earlier, and as it's still light out (but cold), get a run in. i have packing and cleaning and laundry to do and my flight leaves at 7:30am tomorrow. ugh! already checked in online, so just need to get through security. don't know if i'll bring my laptop with me on the trip, so you won't see me around much over the next few days.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy I hope you feel better soon.

Kristina hope your flight goes well!

Still feeling like crap today, started my period on top of flu so yeah. ...good times. I did go to work and then Gracie and I went to see Tangled. That movie is awesome!! And I'm so glad at the end they say they got married because from about an hour in on gracie kept saying "now they are going to get married!" every time something good happened and she just needed to have the total princess expeience movie. It was adorable. And then in the car on the way home she goes "I wish I could have that boy flynn rider, even when he's naughty" and I died laughing, it was pretty cute.

Well I think i might make an egg sandwich. Nothing is rally sounding good. Icecream is in the fridge but I want something warm.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! I screwed eating up Yesterday- went out to share dinner with DH and ended up with pizza and beer. At least I got in a second 30 min workout with mom. Today shouldn't be too bad except for the wine. I really, really need to run today. Stretch X is on the p90x program which means low cal burn. A client gave me a bag of apples from there orchard - they taste great. I sooooo want to make pie but know I should settle for juice and eating them whole. Maybe I'll compromise and bake a few with honey. Now my tummies growling. I'm very thankful for the support each and everyone of you has given me!! As I told mom last night, I'm very happy with my fitness and the way I look. I guess that's why I've been at this weight for so long. I wouldn't be in this place without all of your support.

Kristina - safe travels!! Enjoy your family time.

Lacey - hope you all feel better soon.

Kendal - my thoughts are with your family - I hope it all works put for the best.

Amy - Hope you feel better too!!

Kim, Deb, misch, and the rest of our group - safe travels, we miss you and enjoy your holiday.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!!
    We were going to go up to my best friends house for two nights and do a five course Indian restaurant complete with belly dancers tonight...but since we've Been sick, jeff found a restaurant here in town that serves organic food that is doing s thanksgiving dinner. It works! So either a turkey plate or a tofu stuffed acorn squash with mushroom gravy is in my future.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hi all. I just got back from Thanksgiving dinner at a friends' house. It was a multi-cultural meal. Our friends are Puerto Rican, Moroccan and German so we had a little bit of everything at the table. I introduced the Germans to American-style candied yams (they liked it) and I had Black Forest Cake made by an actual German lady (it was good but soooo filling, I ate 3 bites and was done). Good times were had by all. Now I wanna sleep for a week. Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving Day!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    man....so much to post about. I was fairly good for Thanksgiving. I got up and made mom go with me and Lexi on a walk around her neighborhood. She went 2 laps (30 minutes) and I went 4 laps. I got a good 600+ cal burn from that. I came home, showered and went back over to mom and dad's. Then we all drove over to dad's family for lunch. I had a full plate but didn't go back for seconds, didn't get dessert and wasn't stuffed to the point of pain. The Brat was the main topic of discussion though so I was real relieved when we finally left. We got back and I came back home. It was around 4pm. I let Lexi out, fed her, and took a nap. I had such a headache (car sickness and the conversation gave it to me). I meant to get up at 5, but slept till 5:30, then got back up and headed back over to mom's (geez, I really went over there 3 different times today.) We had dinner there. Instead of cooking, mom bought most of the meal from Sagebrush. OMG IT WAS SO GOOD. Mom added a couple of her standard side dishes and I PIGGED OUT TO THE POINT OF PAIN. There was no room for dessert.

By then it was around 7pm so my older sister, 12yo brother and I went to Walmart cause sister was DETERMINED to get a Barbie Jeep they were selling for $88 (originally $228). We were first in line. :bigsmile: The store kept them in the bay area of the automotive section, so we got to sit in a cozy waiting room for the first 3 hours. There was another guy that came about an hour after we got there, and an older lady shortly after him. We had employees going to count how many Barbie Jeeps there were and my sister tracked down several managers to make sure she understood how they would handle the situation. But yeah....while we were waiting, I walked around and grabbed a couple things I wanted and got 10 storage containers for mom and dad. Eventually they posted Walmart employees around all the palates of sale items and they told you not to get anything until midnight, but I'm glad I got my stuff early cause people broke that rule (it was completely unenforce-able) and they ran out of the storage containers before midnight.

Sister and I checked out separately (she was in the back buying the jeep and I took my stuff to the front) but we both walked out the front door exactly at the same time. We were in the car by 12:09am. It was awesome. I'm so tired. Not sure why its 2:30am and I'm still up.

Amy- I just looked at your snow pictures! I'm jealous!!! I love snow! (until the bratty neighborhood kids trample my yard before I can even see how pretty my house is in the serene peacefulness)
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy Friday!

We ate at the organic restaurant where some parts of the food were undercooked and yeah. Expensive and we won't go back but at least I didn't have to cook!

Today I am taking Gracie to one of those pottery places and shes going to paint some coffee cups for Christmas presents. And maybe to see despicable me at the movies.

I've gotten about 10-12 hrs of sleep a night and figured if I can do that the rest of the weekend I might feel back to normal Monday. Tomorrow I have to work and get groceries and am going to peruser barn and noble for a new book to read. Me time. Lol.

Okay gotta get in the shower.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I shouldn't have weighed myself this morning but now I know my damage. The last time I weighed myself, I was 214.6. This morning I was 217. My goal is to be super good today. I need to go check on my friend's dogs and go babysit my niece for an hour or so......ugh.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Went over to mom and dad's today cause I had to babysit my 5yo niece and ended up eating leftovers. I really need to crack the whip on myself and drink some more water and less carbonated soda.

• pinbotchick
    Options
    My body is really wiped out. We got about 6 inches of snow and driving for my 3 clients took forever. I opted to take my p90x rest day and moved cardio x to today and yoga to tommorrow. Food was good yesterday but had some beer with the boys. It always puts me over. At least I did 30 min of low impact aerobics with mom last night.

Kendal - great job shopping.

Lacey - what book did you get?

Amy - love your winter pics!!!

Kristina - hope you're having fun.

We've watched several movies. Expendables and The Last Airbender were pretty good. I loved Death at a Funeral!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal - I so hear you with the scale!!! I was up to 187. That's up one more. I know between bad eating and TOM to be arriving Mon that it's bound to be up but aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!! Yeah, my cranky pants are on today. My tummy feels like TOM may come early (*grumbles*).

I can't wait for Fri. Mom turns 63 and we have tradition to go Christmas shopping on her birthday. Look out Birchrun - here we come. The outlet stores are 2 hours 45 min away. We'll leave early, shop all day, then drive home. Mom's taking a friend or two as well. It's always such fun!!! I (*insert face with heart eyes*) shopping!!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I'm still here. I've been busy this weekend with Thanksgiving and playing in the snow and getting Christmas decorations up. I've done a lot of walking but no "real" exercise. I'm gonna crack the whip and get back in gear but I guess I'll wait for the weekend to be over. There's NO WAY I'm getting anywhere near a scale until next week. I've also been battling a sore throat and some kind of fluid drainage in my left ear (weird bubbly sounds going on in there). If I could get a good night's sleep, maybe I'd feel better but I am having the dangdest time getting to sleep and staying asleep. It sux.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Today I am going to go work for a while and hit up the gym and barnes and noble. I'm still very low energy before I feel wiped out so I'm only planning on doing some easy cardio like the bike and maybe some walking. I don't want to over do it, but vie not chosen the best foods to eat then past few days and I would at least like to be at 207 again this Monday so that means today and tomorrow need to be tracked, logged and perfected. I might bring a towel and hit the sauna and the hot tub too. That would probably feel pretty good too.
    Next week starts the business of the Christmas month so that should be both fun and stressful. My goal is to keep on keeping on and lose some weight!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I've been horrible. Haven't worked out and haven't kept track of calories. UGH. I'm scared to jump on the scale this morning but I know i need to face the damage I've done.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Victoria - I got the new Artemis Fowl book (even though they are kid books, I LOVE them!) and a book called The Library of Shadows. I'm reading the latter first. Its different and good so far. I like it.

Amy - I feel you on the sleep. I hate not getting a good nights sleep, especially when I am sick and not feeling well.

Kendal - I am right there with you girl! I haven barely tracked anything all weeek, and haven't worked out at all. Monday is going to suck at the gym.

Even though I haven't tracked or worked out this week I am still holding out at 207.4 this week, same as last. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see how it sits then. Hopefully the same.
    This week is hectic. I have to take G with me to work tomorrow since her school is closed. Wednesday is payday, and we will probly close at half day to celebrate the largest sales year and month (Nov) in the history of the company. Friday is my Christmas party and I want to see if I can find something new to wear in the between time. Oh and I need to get a few gifts for kids for Jeff to take with him this weekend.

My goals for the week are to log everything and to work out at least three times. But I am going to keep my work outs to a nice minimum. Easy, simple and not killing it this week. I feel like I am still bouncing back from the trip, being sick, etc. and pushing at the gym is the last thing I need. So doing 30-45 minutes of easy cardio will be good enough for me this week.

200...200...200...200. I'd like to be WAY closer to 200 by Christmas. I can do it!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Why do I let the holidays do this to me??? I didn't even host Thanksgiving and yet, I STILL ate garbage all weekend long (4 day weekend) and didn't get any exercise! I have to snap out of it - NOW! There's absolutely no reason for me to backtrack on all the good work I've done this year. I'm going to "walk it off" and do my P90X tomorrow and start tracking the calories again. Ugh. My only problem is that I've been "coming down with something" for about a week now and it hasn't gotten any better but it also hasn't gotten any worse. I'm just exhausted and have a sore throat and a headache and alternate between not getting ANY sleep at all and ONLY sleeping (spent most of today on the couch, unconscious).

Lacey: The Library of Shadows is a great title!

Kendal: I'm right there with you.