200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/11/cranberry-crostata-daring-bakers-november/

I made this today. I'm patiently waiting for it to cool down enough. I put balsamic and strawberry jam in the filling too.
    And thus its not been the best day for eating. Cal wise I am sure I'm ok, but choice wise....sugary goodness, cheese, bread, yeah. I madde a huge meatloaf, turkey enchiladas and some of my couscous mix for lunch. I roasted cauliflower, potatoes and onions with the grande idea to mash them for later....Fail!!! Total waste of perfectly good roasted veggies that would have lasted two or three dinners. Sigh. Oh well.

Amy I hope you feel better soon. Lingering on the verge totally blows!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Confession time - I too blew it this weekend. Bad eating, lack of exercise and more!!! Cripes. I cheated on P90X and ran Thurs then skipped Friday with idea to make up for it Sat/Sun... Total fail... So now my plan is to restart P90X on Thurs. So I guess I'll do it in 97 days. I may throw some of the cardio DVDs in this week or just do some fun stuff like Zumba and running. I will be back on track tomorrow. I've been behind with office work and took the last 2 days to really put a dent in catching up. Unfortunately, I still cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh well.

Hope everyone feels better soon. I'll catch up on posts later. Now I'm off to bed.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I got back into it today with P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X. I really didn't feel like it but now that it's over, I'm soooo glad I sucked it up and did it. I also shoveled some serious snow for about 20 minutes (that is a serious back workout!). I've been forcing myself to sleep the last 2 nights (with sominex - I hate taking sleeping pills but I hate NOT sleeping worse) and I think my cold (or whatever it is) is clearing up. Amazing what a couple of good nights of sleep will do for you.

Victoria: I am right there with you on the weekend fail. Ah well, it's Monday and that's a great day to start over, right? I hopeyou catch up on your work stuff & get some exercise in.

Lacey: That crostada looks absolutely divine. How was it?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - hear you on the lack of sleep!!! I just couldn't get to sleep.. I saw 2 am and just kept tossing and turning in bed. Then I about crowned DH when the alarm went off at 6:30. It looks to be a long day on 4.5 hours sleep. In an effort to avoid bad food and warm up, I drank tea - which I now realize had caffeine (*face palm*),,,

At least 90% of our snow melted yesterday - YEAH. Winter will be long enough. Tonight's dinner tofu, vege, hummus, sprout wraps with my homegrown sprouts.... I can't wait. Maybe some vege soup to top it off.

4 weeks or so until Christmas... Time is flying by this year. I guess I should start getting ready for my work day. 6 clients and my longest day all week. Have a great Monday!!!

Oh the scale was at least back down to 186 today which is pretty good since TOM should arrive today... Crosses fingers to be 185 by the end of the week.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    When does this challenge end and the next one start? Any name ideas for the next one? 200+ "Losing it for 2011" "Sparkling Stars for New Years" - someone has to have something good. I suck at this!!! We could make it longer and "Sexy for Valentine's Day"... "Santa's Biggest Losers" "Santa's Sexy Superpals"...
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! OMG I'm alive! Back in time for the last week of this challenge!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was quite nice overall. The flights to and from Baltimore went fine and it was great seeing my family. It was my first time with them for Thanksgiving in three years, so that was nice. The only funny/disturbing incident was that someone stole our pumpkin pie from the back porch! Can you believe it? They had to scale the fence for that mofo too. I hope they enjoyed it! Luckily, there was enough other goodies to go around.

Didn't move really at all over break, which I know is a no-no. Was going to run with my brother's girlfriend, but she wanted to go hella early, which I was not down for. So, finally started moving my fat booty again yesterday. Ran/walked 4 miles with my friend. She was struggling a bit, so we didn't run the whole time, but still averaged a little over 12 min/mile, so it was good. This weekend is my holiday hustle 5K, so I need to get at least one more run in this week. I'd like to get a 5 miler in, but we'll see. Back to the grind today. Was 178 this morning. UGH-- not surprised, so I need to start dropping these pounds pronto!

After reading over everyone's posts, it sounds like we've all struggled over the past week or so with the holidays. The weekend is over now, and it's back to getting in line. *cracks whip* Let's all make a final push for our weigh-in this Friday, as it's the last of this challenge, and it's another new start! This upcoming challenge will be from Dec 3rd through Jan 14th. I'm liking Victoria's suggestions for names!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    My weight has been fluxuating a lot. It was 217, then back down to 215 and today I'm back up to 217. Methinks I should drink some water. lol

You know, we all say we failed during the holiday, but really, I think we all did great as long as we get back on the wagon. Of course we are going to enjoy time with our families and pig out. But as long as we recognize that we can't do that every day, then we are on the right course.

I've started decorating my desk at work. I need to bring in a couple more strings of Christmas lights to finish my desk. Actually, I probably only need one but I told the guy next to me I would decorate his desk too and I think he was kinda looking forward to it. I will post pictures once I get it completed.

I don't think the boyfriend will join the gym but I think he's starting to understand that I go to the gym most nights. He's going from a very sedentary project to a very physical project and his body is going to have to adjust, so thats why he's thinking he should hold off on joining the gym. He told me he's gained about 35-40 pounds since he started the sedentary project (around March I think) so it would be nice if he got physical and lost some of it. (lets get physical, physical....lets get physical, physical....let me hear your body talk....(sorry, couldn't help myself lol)) It would be nice if he got more active though. Since he works away from home so often, he likes being able to relax and have downtime on his weekends, which means he likes to chill at my house. I get BORED hanging out at my house all the time! I wanna go places and do things! Yesterday we played Up (the movie) on my Wii (bought it on Black Friday) and that was fun. I understand where he is coming from, but I need to do stuff...get out of the house on the weekends to feel like I'm part of society.

anyways, its now noon and I haven't hardly done any work today. ee gad!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Lost .4 lbs this week despite myself. I guess having butt puke was my saving grace this week with the sweets this weekend? Who knows. Anyways this week will be a struggle to get to the gym. High stress at work and lots of hours, so my goal has been reduced to keeping the eating on track and working out if I can. SOmething is better than nothing and I know I will feel better if I do.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Lacey- something is absolutely better than nothing. Do what you think you can realistically acheive right now.

Kendal- you're right about the holidays. As long as we get back on track, we've done well. That's been my downfall in the past, and I think now I'm always super paranoid I'll fall off the wagon (I never feel safe with what I'm doing will just last), which has helped with whipping me back into sleep.

Back to chugging water again today, which hopefully will help. More trivia tonight. This hasn't been good for the caloric intake, BUT we're really just doing it a lot cause my friends (and former roommates) are moving in a couple of weeks, so my trivia attendance, at least at the irish pub will be much lowered. I'll still occasionally do trivia with my co-workers, but that's less often. Well, I'm off to an afternoon full of meetings. I tell you, I don't know how I'm going to get work done with this new position-- it's like all conference calls and meetings! haha.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I'm finally home. Thank goodness, my new eval was canceled since the doc still hasn't faxed the order... I sent a blank order per the docs request so all he had to do was sign it and fax back. I had the wife call the docs office today and it turns out the doc took a long holiday and I will be getting the script tomorrow. So I guess that I should go do a workout. - run or zumba??? Or just hula and do low impact aerobics while watching a movie with DH later - yeah, I think that one wins. With my extra hour maybe DH will help me get the X-mas stuff down. I really want to get my tree this weekend.

Kristina - welcome to management!!! Glad you had a nice trip.

Kendal - too bad about the boyfriend and the gym. Hopefully you keep up with it despite him. I'd want to go do stuff on the weekends too. Go without him and see if he changes his mind.

Lacey - Do your best and forget the rest - as Tony Horton from P90X says... Enjoy your party.

Amy - Hope you're feeling better... Great job getting back to P90X... I promise to restart soon.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    As I got off late from work tonight and have trivia, I knew I had to do something. As I hope to run tomorrow (and just ran yesterday), did a workout dvd. I've pimped the cardio ballroom with julianne dvd before.. Really enjoyed. Good workout. I just got her more recent one "just dance". Still broke a sweat, but didn't find it as challenging. Certainly that's probably due to having took dance way back and they're moves I'm more familiar with versus the ballroom stuff. Nice workout. Clearly not as many calories burned as cardio machines, but the time went by fast, and it was working areas of my body that I don't usually work.

Meetings galore today went well. Tomorrow no meetings (woo!)... have some appointments with clients, which'll be good, I think, as long as they show up. Am kind of bummed that I originally planned a lunch out with a co-worker I won't be seeing as much on Thursday (as she works at the clinic, which I'm not going to be at much more), but a meeting came up that I really should attend (not mandatory, but it's a monthly meeting all departmental project managers should attend, and it's my first), so I'm not going to be able to do lunch. Plus, Thursday's my birthday, so double bummer. *pouts* On the bright side, I really didn't need the extra calories.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I am now not going to be able to get to the gym until late Wednesday night or Thursday..and that is it for the work week. I will need to make it a point to go Saturday and Sunday. Jeff is going to the coast Saturday for the night with his stepmom's side of the family so I have the day and night to myself anyways. I was going to get a facial and do some Christmas shopping. So working out on top of that won't be a hard thing to do. Oh and see Harry Potter by myself.

Kristina - welcome to management. You will spend 98% of your time appeasing other people and 2% of your time doing your actual job.

Kendal - don't stop going to the gym! And if you don't want to stay home, don't. I get all housecrazy on the weekends too. I want to get out and about after a work week of sitting at a desk all day!

Victoria - movies sound good. I'm pretty sure i've got two netflix sitting in my mailbox that sound good tonight.

Amy - YES the pe thing is GOOOOOOOOD.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: Your day to yourself this weekend sounds freaking great - I should get me one of those sometime! And good job on the loss (the fact that you lost anything over the weekend shows you have more restraint than I do!)

Kristina: Bummer about missing out on your lunch, happy early birthday though!

Victoria: What movie are you gonna watch?

I did P90X Plyometrics and ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I can't handle the treadmill for long distances so I figured I'd work on getting my mile time down (I'm at an 11:20 mile) while the weather is too crappy to run outside. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    We watched an older on "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". Cute chick flick. DH is recording and watching everything with Vegas in the description. I failed on the ex - again. I'm blaming TOM. It should have been here yesterday but he's late!!! My sausage fingers and achy joints just want it to come and go. *sighs* I'm in a funk but ate least I ate well (and turned down DH offer to bring me Taco Bell). I did do sone cyber shopping and printed coupons for the outlet stores.

Great run time Amy!!! Enjoy those client consults Kristina... Alone time sounds fun Lacey...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I logged my exercise as my hrm calculated it yesterday, but I think something is up. I looked at my calories burned around 40 minutes on the elliptical and I had burned around 560cals. By the time I got off the machine (only 20 minutes later!) it said I had burned around 860! I did not push myself any harder and there is no way I logically burned that many cals in that short of a time frame. I THINK it has to do with the fact that another gym-er got on the machine next to me. I didn't see a hrm on her wrist but maybe her mp3 player on her arm was a hrm too?? I also didn't see my machine or my hrm start adding our heart rates together (I've seen that before though....it reads both of our chest straps and says my hr is like, 235 or something). :huh:

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Oh well. :ohwell:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Down to 177.4 this morning (from 178.0 yesterday). I'll take it... especially as I had trivia food last night.

Just getting a chance to sit down and check out the site. Busy morning. Afternoon should be a bit slower, but still have a lot of stuff to do. It's my only non-meeting day this week, so I have a lot of paperwork and emails to sort through today. Busy busy busy! Slept like crap last night, because I'm thinking too much about all the stuff I have to do. I'm totally going to crash it I can't get some good sleep this week. I'm hoping my brain will settle down a bit, cause this isn't going to work in the long run.

Eating should be okay today. I have like no food in the house. If my zucchini is still good from before Thanksgiving, I'll saute that up with some brown rice for dinner probably. Will have to hit up the grocery store at least for a small trip, as I didn't do it this weekend and I'm down to my last apple and don't have much else for lunches, especially. Hope to get a run in today (shooting for 5), but the weather looks iffy. If it's raining or threatening to do so, I'll hit up the gym instead. Have to get some exercise in.

I really want December to be me giving this my all and see what happens on the scale. Exercise, overall, has been okay, eating.. relatively good. But I stumble too much, and would like to really commit myself. Yes, a cheat day every once in a while is fine, as long as I hop back on the wagon. But if it's a cheat eat day, I better be moving my fat booty!

Kendal- don't know what to tell you with the HRM. The 560 cal in 40 min sounds a bout right, but the second number, while awesome, sounds a bit much. I think even when I first started doing 60 min on the elliptical, without the HRM... just the machine, on a very VERY good day I would hit 800cal burned. That was a rarity, and I can't hit those numbers now really with my weight, even at a higher resistance. It might be the machine next to you. I've noticed that sometimes my HR on the machine goes wonky when I guess someone next to me is wearing a HRM.

Victoria- you are just counting down the days to Vegas, aren't you? haha! *continues to crack whip on you*

Amy- way to go speedy mcgee on the treadmill! keep up the great work!

Lacey- your upcoming weekend sounds lovely.. you deserve to treat yourself!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    It's looking pretty nasty outside. The gym I think it is...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Ouch!!!! But, I needed that whip crack. Thanks Kristina :)

TOM is finally here. Boo. Now my tummy aches and I have a headache. I did sleep well last night. I'm staring at the fax machine willing it to resend this order. I faxed it Last Wed and do have confirmation it went through but the doctors office claims they don't have it. I've been trying to get this guy started since last Fri. Yeah, it went through!!!

Now I'm off to type up the other eval I did today. Mom will be at 5:45 for ex. Today should be another good cal day. I'm only at 1000 or so now. Dinner should be healthy - even though I haven't decided what to cook.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal do you think your battery in your HRM is going out?? I know that can cause wierdness like that. If I am seriously booking it and my heart is beating like a mad man I can burn 10 cals per minute..but that is really pushing it. I always use8- 8.5 cals per minute as a good reference if my HRM stops working right..which every once in a while for a variety of reasons it does.

I've had a sinus headache all day. I finally turned off the blaring flourescents and turned on my little lamp on my desk nad that helped alot. I am wearing contacts today and I knew I shuold have brought glasses just in case, but I didnt..and now I am paying for it. Oh well. LOL.

I've not been good with cals today at all. LAME.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    HRM says I burned 1001 cals in 67 min tonight on the elliptical. I watched my heart rate more than I did last night, and my heart rate was in the 170s more when I thought it was in the 150s, so maybe I am burning that many cals. I mean, I am still 215lbs, is it that impossible for me to burn a lot of cals?