how would you feel?

Options

Replies

• baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd want to be in a relationship with someone who went to strip clubs. I don't think sexuality is inherently bad, just for me personally and my own personal experiences, I'd question what other interesting sexual deviances--I mean, "quirks"--a man has if he frequents strip clubs. If you're OK with your partner going to strip clubs (proverbial you) fine, but I think these are things two people should kinda know about each other before entering a relationship, or having a kid together. Idk.

What about wanting to see boobs and put dollar bills in g strings suggests "sexual deviance"?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I want to leave...

but this is going to be epic.

And there's way too many factors here for anyone to judge or offer advice. What you feel is on you, OP. No two relationships are the same, what other couples may do has no relevance on how you two interact.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, I would not feel good about it.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I don't think I'd want to be in a relationship with someone who went to strip clubs. I don't think sexuality is inherently bad, just for me personally and my own personal experiences, I'd question what other interesting sexual deviances--I mean, "quirks"--a man has if he frequents strip clubs. If you're OK with your partner going to strip clubs (proverbial you) fine, but I think these are things two people should kinda know about each other before entering a relationship, or having a kid together. Idk.

I really don't think this has anything to do with sexuality and certainly not "sexual deviance." But I do agree that this really should be something they can discuss since they're having a kid together.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just wish my husband forbid me to go to the grocery store. I would totally obey him.

Finally.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'd go all Chuck Norris on his *kitten*.

Chuck_Norris.jpg

Edited to add pic.

I applaud your edit, darling.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care...I'm not controlling, I'm a chilled out, free spirited girl :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'd be pissed that he didn't take me with him.

Exactly this. Why aren't you going with him?
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It was a last minute thing. He's mate rang and said he and his missus had tickets to go to the titti bar. In all honesty my partner asked me to go with but I don't believe it's a place for a pregnant woman. In saying this I said is it a titti bar which here is just topless barmaids or the strip club. He said titti bar and he still in his drunkenness saya that's where he believed he was going to. I wasn't happy about him even going there because to be honest I don't think it's appropriate that I'm at hone with our 2 children and pregnant and he's going to look at other women's body's. I asked him not to go but he wanted to go anyway. I specifically said we'll don't go anywhere near the strip club.
    Anyway apparently his mate meant the strip club. I didn't find this out until much later. They said they were going for 2-3 hours and come back after about 6ish. Anyway he spent way more money then he was supposed to. I rang him while he was out and told him to stop getting money out. He said he was getting a haircut. When I got off the phone I looked up titti bar haircuts and it so happens the strip club does topless haircuts. He swears she had lingerie on though and that his 2 friends were in the room. So he come home with a kinda Mr-t style haircut sides are shaved with a razor he has a pretty long strip right down the middle of his head. I hate it.

That's the full story.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Okay, my opinion on this one is a bit extreme one way so you take it how you want, or just leave it.

I wouldn't care if I was pregnant or not, what the circumstances were or what his excuse was - If I told him not to go and he went, I would be pissed! If he were ever in a place like that without my knowing/my consent there would be some problems afterwards.
    This being said, I don't think I would ever give my man permission to be in a place like that and if you knew my husband you would know he is the type that has absolutely zero desire to be in a place like that. He was in the Army 8 years and was exposed to things like that constantly and he avoided them like the plague. So, if my husband went somewhere like that I would really have to question who he was.

I'm never getting married.

LOL! Okay.
    If you plan to get married telling your spouse that you share the same standards and morals as them and that you would never go to a place like this when you know you would, I can see how marriage is not for you.
    It isn't the place that would cause marital problems. It is that I would have to question everything he has ever told me. And, if you have to question how much trust you have in your spouse, your marriage has a problem!
    If you don't plan to be a trustworthy person, please don't get married.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    This has little to do with Strip Clubs and more to do with your relationship.

I, personally, wouldn't go to a Strip Club if my wife asked me not to or if I sensed that it bothered her.

This. It isn't the club, it is the trust factor. That is what was violated here.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    PLOT

TWIST

He got a Mr T haircut at the strip club? Did anyone see that coming? Anyone?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Okay, my opinion on this one is a bit extreme one way so you take it how you want, or just leave it.

I wouldn't care if I was pregnant or not, what the circumstances were or what his excuse was - If I told him not to go and he went, I would be pissed! If he were ever in a place like that without my knowing/my consent there would be some problems afterwards.
    This being said, I don't think I would ever give my man permission to be in a place like that and if you knew my husband you would know he is the type that has absolutely zero desire to be in a place like that. He was in the Army 8 years and was exposed to things like that constantly and he avoided them like the plague. So, if my husband went somewhere like that I would really have to question who he was.

I'm never getting married.

I'm never getting married. Again.

One as a tip for you men out there-take your ladies with you if they will go. The girls at the club will be all over her. That's a double win for you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies would you feel if you were at home pregnant and your partner went to the strippers when you specifically asked them not to?

And guys what do you think from a man's point of view?

Did he say WHAT kind of strip club this was?

tumblr_n2h163c4qk1rz5rano6_250.gif
  • firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    PLOT

TWIST

I did actually.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This has little to do with Strip Clubs and more to do with your relationship.

I, personally, wouldn't go to a Strip Club if my wife asked me not to or if I sensed that it bothered her.

This. It isn't the club, it is the trust factor. That is what was violated here.
    Yep. I think this is really the issue.

And if you don't like your man going to places like that, you probably should have not married one who likes going. Plenty of men don't.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Which pocket of your purse do you keep your husband's testicles in??

I'm a grown man. I don't need "permission" to go places. When I'm in a relationship, I discuss it with her and I am respectful of her feelings and preferences but I can ultimately make my own decision. But if she talked about me the way you talk about your husband, I'm out. No freakin way.

I agree with this. I don't give my wife permission to do anything, and she doesn't give me permission to do anything. We discuss things, voice concerns and decisions are made.

as far as strip clubs are concerned. I, personally, don't like them. But I don't see anything wrong with them in general. You have to be concerned with people, not places. Is the guy trustworthy?

My wife worked with a woman with 3 children. When she was pregnant with 2 of the 3 (and maybe all three), her husband cheated on her. That would have happened if he were in a strip club or Target. He was not trustworthy.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    PLOT

TWIST

RIGHT? I'd be mad that I didn't get to see a topless chick give my husband a crazy haircut!