WHAT!!! NO.... Please help me fix this.

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.

And for this "problem":

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings

and uncheck: "I have logged in for several days in a row"
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Poor OP didn't want to log on her vacation, lost her streak and now wants it back, even if it's lying.

Why the heck do you care!!!!! I seriously cant comprehend why so many people feel the need to be so rude. We are all here for the same reason and wether you agree with my choices or not its working for me. I have explained several times throughout the thread why I wanted it reset, but I shouldn't even have to do that. Its a personal choice. If I had posted something telling everyone to reset their counters then Yes I could understand this madness, but its my weightloss, my plan, MYfitnesspal.

Speak for yourself.

*I* am here to win the "day streak" competition.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    PM a mod. There's also a thread about this.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Ah yes the important things. You didn't log in but somehow need the validation? I wish people would stop liking my streak every time it says 5 days, because I missed a day because of vacation or something.
    you know you can turn off that notification so it won't announce it to your friend's list?

and, holy **** ****, why the hell are so many people getting their panties in such a twist over this? LOL all of you are pretty pathetic.

Now now.

It sounds kind of like your panties are twisting.
  • BobbiTracey
    BobbiTracey Posts: 53
    Options
    Just so I'm clear...you decided not to log in, but you still want credit for logging in?

I didn't lose any weight last week. I don't like that. I would like MFP to change it so I lost weight.

totally agree. You didn't log in. That's your fault. Move on and build it up again, don't go crying to the admins for help.
    That was probably a bit harsh, but seriously, it was your choice not to log in.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    you know you can turn off that notification so it won't announce it to your friend's list?

and, holy **** ****, why the hell are so many people getting their panties in such a twist over this? LOL all of you are pretty pathetic.

Now now.

no, just incredulity on my part. i'm fairly liberal with my use of profanity, so that's not an indication of panty twisting on my part. i truly don't understand why others are up in arms, on either side, about the OPs want.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Die thread, die!!!!!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Now now.

no, just incredulity on my part. i'm fairly liberal with my use of profanity, so that's not an indication of panty twisting on my part. i truly don't understand why others are up in arms, on either side, about the OPs want.

really? so whomever posted here is "pretty pathetic" ,sounds like panties twisting to me...*looks up, hands behind back, walks away whistling*

Does the "pretty pathetic" include all posters or just the ones who don't use profanity liberally...which btw takes effort when you are typing...

as to why I responded...because streaks mean nothing if you can choose not to log in and get your streak back or even to the point of logging into the site but not logging your food and exercise...seems silly to make a big enough deal out of it that you would contact a mod or employee to have it "fixed" when you made the choice not to log in...

Streak days should be removed if all it means is you logged into the site or it can be "fixed" ...
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Another example of Vegas ruining a life.

:laugh:
  • michellemybelll
    Options

Now now.

really? so whomever posted here is "pretty pathetic" ,sounds like panties twisting to me...*looks up, hands behind back, walks away whistling*

Does the "pretty pathetic" include all posters or just the ones who don't use profanity liberally...which btw takes effort when you are typing...

as to why I responded...because streaks mean nothing if you can choose not to log in and get your streak back or even to the point of logging into the site but not logging your food and exercise...seems silly to make a big enough deal out of it that you would contact a mod or employee to have it "fixed" when you made the choice not to log in...

Streak days should be removed if all it means is you logged into the site or it can be "fixed" ...
    LOL k. using words society has deemed profane takes no more effort than using any other word. but of course the pathetic posters are those who don't use copious amounts of these special star-inducing words. duh. in order not to be pathetic, you must be just like ME. :flowerforyou:
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Another example of Vegas ruining a life.

You win the Internet.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lord have mercy! The things people with such "bigger problems" waste their time replying to...

I personally view my streak as a running tally of how long I've been "focused on fitness" enough to at least attempt to log calories and/or exercise. An individual could log in and record ONE thing and then screw off the rest of the day, eating nothing but garbage, and yet get credit for "logging in". Another person could not log in for various reasons but still make healthy choices during the day. As such, the number really means NOTHING except for what it personally means to YOU.

My streak resets constantly. I just try not to get discouraged and shoot for a better streak next time.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Now now.

Interesting how your contribution to the discussion is incredulity but others' posts are tightening of undergarments.

Just so we're clear, my briefs are, and have been throughout this thread, appropriately snug but not overly constricting.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Lord have mercy! The things people with such "bigger problems" waste their time replying to...

I personally view my streak as a running tally of how long I've been "focused on fitness" enough to at least attempt to log calories and/or exercise. An individual could log in and record ONE thing and then screw off the rest of the day, eating nothing but garbage, and yet get credit for "logging in". Another person could not log in for various reasons but still make healthy choices during the day. As such, the number really means NOTHING except for what it personally means to YOU.

My streak resets constantly. I just try not to get discouraged and shoot for a better streak next time.

For accuracy, they don't even need to record that ONE thing. If you just log in to the site...which can be as little as the app making contact for you...you keep your streak. You don't have to log a single food or exercise...and you don't have to close out your diary at the end of the day either.

TL;DR - The easiest way to keep a streak alive is to download and setup the app.

PS: TPTB at MFP have made it very clear (IMHO) that the streak is not a site metric like many (including myself) think it should be but a user-configurable metric. In other words, if you want that number to be something other than what it is right now, contact them with the link I provided earlier in this thread and they will change the number for you.

TL;DR (PS) - It's *your* number, not *theirs*.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yes yes we've seen you reiterate the cheatin' link multiple times now :ohwell:
  • michellemybelll
    Options

Now now.

Interesting how your contribution to the discussion is incredulity but others' posts are tightening of undergarments.

Just so we're clear, my briefs are, and have been throughout this thread, appropriately snug but not overly constricting.
    it's interesting the infinite number of things that can intrigue someone; a tip of the hat to you for pointing out that which interests you.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Now now.

it's interesting the infinite number of things that can intrigue someone; a tip of the hat to you for pointing out that which interests you.

Oh, it isn't just me. I know I'm not the only one who finds it interesting when others make blatantly hypocritical posts seemingly oblivious to their hypocrisy. It's just a hobby of mine to point them out.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Does the existence of this link trouble you? Or is it my posting of it for the convenience of others?

Regardless, here it is again in case anyone else wants to reset their streak:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

I'm a helper. It's just what I do.
  • michellemybelll
    Options

Does the existence of this link trouble you? Or is it my posting of it for the convenience of others?

blatant hypocrisy you say?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Thought you were the master of pointing things out for no reason whatsoever. Call me a quick study!