So I'm thinking about doing a push-up challen for Nov...sinc

Options
This is really sad to admit, but I can't do ONE "real" push up...and I top out at about 3 modified push ups. I've seen a few challenges on here before like this, so I think I'm going to try and get up to 100 modified push ups (in a row) by the end of November. Start out doing as many as I can, and then every other day try to do at least 1 more (or more than 1 if possible).

So Something like Monday (3)...Wed (4)...Friday (5)...personally, will probably take a break on the arms for the weekend haha And hopefully by November 30th it will be 100. Then maybe try doing real ones in December. :)

Anyone else want to try this out with me?

modified-push-up-1.gif

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Good luck! It took me a while to get there but I can now do 50 full push ups in a row. :bigsmile:

Just remember to engage you abs, keep your back straight and don't drop your hips while you're doing them. It's not just about shoulders and arms :smile:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I think I am game!!! Its a big undertaking, but I'm all up for a challenge! Lets get these guns buff! :o)
  • charmwhite
    charmwhite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    After seeing my arms wobble this morning, I'm totally in!

Will start on Monday and do the same schedule, M/W/F.

Hope I can do more than one to start with! :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Cool...what do you guys think about checking in with each other on Fridays to see how far we've gotten?
  • MsLisaB
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Do we want to start a thread every week or just "friend" each other?

I think I'd even impress my boyfriend if I can get to 100 full push ups! :laugh:
  • Luv2bme
    Luv2bme Posts: 58
    Options
    I can barely do 1 myself... so I'm up for the challenge!! When do we start?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Monday November 1st we start :) Lets all be friends :flowerforyou: and then just check back on Fridays on this thread? What do you think?

Though I was thinking...I better hope for a better than a 1 push up increase...getting to a 100 would be pretty hard to get to at only 3 extra week...but I guess 3 more is still better than none. :ohwell:
  • MsLisaB
    Options
    I don't seem to be getting the friend requests through to my home page. I get the email saying I have one but nothing is showing up here. :grumble: Please don't think I'm ignoring you. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon.
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    Ok, Nov. 1st it is!! I may practice a little until then, it's been a while since I've tried to...
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    I also have been having the same problem with friends requests... There have been many complaints tonight! I get it through email, but not in this site... I will look back tomorrow and see if it appears...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Ya...I was trying to pass the P90x fitness test...what a sad sad day that was! Thats when I figured out I couldn't even do the 15 modified push ups they want you to do....I did 3...well probably more like 2 1/2 lol
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you guys! :) I want some guns!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I'd like to join you guys! :) I want some guns!

lol jump right in :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I cannot do a real pushup either and can only do a few "girl" pushups right now so this will be a good challenge for me as well. I'd like to increase my upper body strength also, so this will fit right in.
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I'm in! I can do about 15 push ups on an incline and 3 real ones.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My husband was just talking to our kids (both 10 yrs old) this past weekend about push-ups. My daughter who plays soccer has to do push ups at practice when they make a mistake. As all kids do, they get REALLY bad and are not even bending their elbows! So he had both kids doing push ups and we realized that our son can not even do ONE. It's really sad, actually when our daughter can do 15-20. So, I'M IN! I'm going to show up both kids AND my husband!!! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Good for you for working on this, best of luck.

I had my very first fitness assessment at a gym (they are trying to get my money, lol! and did 55 pushups (modified aka on my knees) so my upper body is apparently above average (average women can do 45-50 but after reading this forum... ummmm really?)

It’s my wall sits and upside down sit ups that need work. Only lasted 1 minute 30 seconds on the wall sit (full 90 degree sit) and could only do 10 sit up on a diagonal bench, in an almost upside down position which was crazy hard! Regular crunches could have been 150 if he was testing that, oh well.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey! I joined a pushup challenge that goes along with a website program designed to get you up to 100 pushups in a row. I just started this past week (I'm dreadful at pushups, btw). It seems like a well paced challenge - if any of you are interested in joining to help you on your way to 100 by the end of Nov!

Here's the link to the MFP thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128418-go-team-october-hundred-push-up-challenge
  • areadel
    Options
    I would like to join in on this challenge. I can barely do 1 pushup!
  • junedunebug
    Options
    I'm in! I can't do a push up to save my life.