So I'm thinking about doing a push-up challen for Nov...sinc

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Cool...what do you guys think about checking in with each other on Fridays to see how far we've gotten?

Sounds great!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I'll be doing "bench" push ups.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm ready for another good challenge :smile:

Good luck everyone!!
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I want in on this one too! I've been thinking a lot lately of trying to get to 100....I can only do about 20 on my toes right now.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I dig push-ups :) count me in...maybe I missed it but how are we checking in for this?
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am in...I havent done any push up in I dont know when...so cant wait to see how many I can do! Every one Good Luck!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm in, but will definitely be doing one of those modified push up versions. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    checking in this monday the first to see where we all start out at. And then check back in on fridays with progress. :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Checking in early, but my goal starting on Monday for next week is to do 10 modified push ups every day for the first week. Doesn't matter how long it takes me throughout the day or if I have to do all 10 individually because I can't do more than one at a time. I'm going to do 10 every day. :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Checking in early, but my goal starting on Monday for next week is to do 10 modified push ups every day for the first week. Doesn't matter how long it takes me throughout the day or if I have to do all 10 individually because I can't do more than one at a time. I'm going to do 10 every day. :flowerforyou:

LOL your going to be buff, 10 a day! lol
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Okay I did my starting test. I can do 16 modified push ups. Can't wait to start tomorrow! I'm doing the 100 Push Ups Program.
  • antonia98765
    antonia98765 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

I'd love to join you all - I'm TERRIBLE at push ups - have the worst upper body strength. So I'm thinking modified versions too!

This is such a good idea!

Antonia x
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options

LOL your going to be buff, 10 a day! lol

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

There's absolutely NO way I'd have started with a goal like this last February. I had seriously very little upper body strength before I did the 6 month program with the personal trainer. But they have helped build it up and even though we never did push ups, we'd do lots of planks and other upper body exercises. It's been about 2 months since I've done strength training and this will surely help get me started again. I'm looking forward to the challenge!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm excited to start tomorrow!! Doing W1D1 of the 100 push ups. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    YAY starting tomorrow :) I hope I can lift my arms by the end of November and they don't turn into Jello arms lol!

OH and here is the link to a helpful site again for anyone new, you don't have to follow their plan but its a pretty good one (though for 6 weeks not 4). http://hundredpushups.com/
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I haven't done a test in a while but I would estimate about 40 full pushups. When I used to do them often I was up to 120 one arm pushups alternating after 10. Getting the 100 pushups iphone app now.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Sounds good. I haven't done a test in a while but I would estimate about 40 full pushups. When I used to do them often I was up to 120 one arm pushups alternating after 10. Getting the 100 pushups iphone app now.

120 one arm push ups! That's just insane (but in a good way)!

I'm in Australia so its already Monday evening here. Heading out for a run shortly, then will attempt the pushups. Will check-in in a couple of hours with results :smile:
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Alrighty, Day 1 down, 25 push ups in a row - on toes. :glasses:

Possibly could have done more if I hadn't had a PT session today where I increased all my weights :laugh:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Great job Lisa!!!

Everybody else ready??? I'm ready! :drinker:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm ready. :) Getting ready to head off to the gym now.