So I'm thinking about doing a push-up challen for Nov...sinc

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 Column 2...my hubby is doing it with me he is Week 3 Column 1! I told him he better do it because he wouldnt want me to be able to do more pushups than him lol

The max i could do was 8 :cry:

My husband is doing it to. He can do about 50 in a minute (military) so he started on Week 3 too. :)

We have a few military people in our family...they scare me with the pushups lol...I just look at them and think omg...I will never get to that! haha
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. All 10 in a row again this morning.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to start up the push-up challenge yesterday. I just had so much homework I needed to do before my evening masters classes tonight. Oh well, I will just have to head home after class and get to it! I think I'm going to extend my expectation of 100 push-ups to New Years Eve. I just don't think 100 by the end of November will happen for me but any improvement in my weak arms will be fantastic.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I need a reminder!! I did 20 yesterday...we'll see how today goes :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Doing W1D2 today yay!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. All 10 in a row again this morning.

You're doing great Diane! that's awesome!!
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Was able to only do 9 modified push-ups but I did 2 sets. I just can't get back up after that 9th one! So, I did a total of 18. RAWR! I"m gonna have some guns by the end of the month LOOK OUT! ;) heehee
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Just finished W1D2 (column 2).

Three sets of 6 and a set of 8, plus a max set (I did 17), so 43 total!! (10 more than I did yesterday).

Is it sad I'm sore? lol
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options

Three sets of 6 and a set of 8, plus a max set (I did 17), so 43 total!! (10 more than I did yesterday).

Is it sad I'm sore? lol

Thats exactly what I did! Well...*blush* one more then I did...My max set maxed out at 16 instead of 17. But we are on the same track lady! I would have to say NO its not say you are sore...I can't believe you are doing pushups and preggo! If someone had suggested that to me while I was pregnant I would have laughed! Hahaha! But that is awesome! Here I was sore (I did them last night) and I'm just a plain weakling...not pregnant...no excuses!
  • AmandaR910
    Options

Is it sad I'm sore? lol

Thats exactly what I did! Well...*blush* one more then I did...My max set maxed out at 16 instead of 17. But we are on the same track lady! I would have to say NO its not say you are sore...I can't believe you are doing pushups and preggo! If someone had suggested that to me while I was pregnant I would have laughed! Hahaha! But that is awesome! Here I was sore (I did them last night) and I'm just a plain weakling...not pregnant...no excuses!

Lol I'm definitely doing modified push ups lol. I'm trying to adjust all my work outs to ones I can do post c section.
  • luvz2bfitMOM
    Options
    hey i just started that yesterday!!! i went on hundredpushups.com and got the 6 week schedule. funny thing i started on NOVEMEBER 1st. I have been doing intense programs like p90x and insanity and i ALWAYS do it modified, on my knees (guess i have a weak back?) and i'm done of being weak. i can currently do 5-7 regular pushups, and i want to be able to do way more then that, so COUNT ME IN!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Was able to only do 9 modified push-ups but I did 2 sets. I just can't get back up after that 9th one! So, I did a total of 18. RAWR! I"m gonna have some guns by the end of the month LOOK OUT! ;) heehee

LOL!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options

YES YOU ARE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1 on Monday and AMAP was 25 (wasn't feeling it)

Did week 3 day 2 yesterday and AMAP was 40. (that was better :))
  • Claudia007
    Options
    I just realized you can print out the amount of push-ups and reps on one hundred pushups.com! DUH! I just printed it out so I can start week one. :blushing:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 COMPLETE!!!

Max set was 20, total was 52 modified push ups. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    everyone is doing awesome!
  • ccker080
    Options
    Im in! only just a couple days late....as of now i can do 10 "girl" push ups, in one set, that tenth one is a struggle though! LOL
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    so i did W1D2 column 1 and when i did set 5 my max i did was 14...which is great because i could only do 4 when i started lol
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in a different message board that was talking about doing a correct pushup. Figure people in this challenge would find the post interesting as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131629-real-pushups-vs-fake-ones-af-fa

The PE department at the middle school I work for recently got a number of these devices.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pushup-PA6301-Counter/dp/B001O0F98S

They are call the perfect pushup. You basically have to lower yourself down far enough to have your chest push against the top of the device for it to count each pushup. And they are pretty cheaply priced!