"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 1

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Im finally getting back into the grind, I think I can finally get my butt back on track.

TOM.. FINALLY showed up. yay. My stress level hasnt been as bad the last couple days.

Time for this group leader to get back on track.. :) Gotta get caught up on this weeks challenge.. Gonna to it for the last 5 days tomorrow.. :) Gonna get back on track with my eating, and working out. My sleep pattern.. Not drink as much pop as I have been.. Been drinking too much 7Up and Sierra Mist.. I got this.. :)

@ Stacy.. Way to go.. You look amazing.. :)

Yay! Welcome back to being on track! :D It's good to have the group leader back!

By the way, have you tried diet 7UP and diet Sierra Mist? Both are yummy (IMO). :) Also if you like that lemon-lime flavor have you tried making your own lemonade with some Splenda and fresh squeezed lemons or limes? It's very good!

Thanks for the tip Stacy.. Ill have to try that.. :)

Im having a hard time getting on track this morning.. i didnt even want to get out of bed this morning.. :( Blah.. I had to force myself to get up sooner than I had wanted to.. :) So yay on that part. Now to get my "healthy" food in, and a workout in before I go to work. @430
  • AprilVal
    Hows everyone doing this week? Hanging in there? Anyone having any problems? If so this is the place to talk about them to see if we cant help you, get past them. Hows the jump roping going? Anyone choose a different type of activity youd like to share with everyone? Just thought Id check in on everyone. Would anyone like to start out week 2 on Saturday, or would you guys prefer that I do it again. Just let me know.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Hello All,
    Just wanted to check in. i did take my picture on Monday, but it's sitting on my camera waiting to be downloaded. I hope to do that today, but we'll see if that happens. I've been back on track, only went to Starbucks 3 times (including Friday which is my weigh in day so I always go that day) and that's really good for me. Today I got a tall, since I realized they have upped their prices enough that the tall is a few cents less then how much the grande use to be. When we did go out I made good and healthy choices, even had LITTLE pieces (2 tiny ones) at my mom's bday party rather then a huge piece and take some home. I've also walked 3 days this week and planning to do it again today. Nothing major, just a couple miles and pushing myself a little harder every day. I will admit that I haven't done the jump roping at all, I really don't like doing it. I'm trying just to stay on track and will join in with next week challenge. With the goal of 12 lbs by Christmas, it seemed to make things click again pretty well. I've also set the goal for myself to log every day this month (probably not Turkey day, although I don't plan to "stuff" myself :laugh: "

How is everyone else doing?
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Ok I'm going to quit being a big baby and post a photo. Here's a pic of me taken tonight at 323 lbs next to a photo of me at my ALMOST start weight (I had already dropped 9 lbs though when I took the pic). So, 53 lbs difference.

So the one on the left is me at the start of this challenge. I seriously doubt there will be any visible difference at the end of the challenge but you never know. lol
    55lbsDif_Smaller.jpg

PS I had to tie my shirt behind my back for this photo because it is so big on me now. lol I probably should have worn the same outfit for both shots that way you could see more of a difference. Oh well, maybe next time.

WOW Stacy! You look good as a blonde, I like red hair too but the blonde looks great! It brightens up your complexion so much!! And I can totally see a difference in your weight loss fromt he 53 lbs!! Great Job!!

I will try and post a pic tomorrow and my weight which I forget already just updated it today. :embarassed:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Hey all :) Hope you are doing great this week. This is the first week a while that I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. What are your accomplishments so far this week? Mine are: completing 4/14 days of my shred challenge. I've also donated 3 bags of clothes (both mine and a few of the hubbys) to my old middle school and to Good Will. Let's see, what else? Ah, yes, I VOTED! Last night we had to go suit/dress shopping for this weekend..went to JCP and spent a little over $200 (like $230ish) on a jacket, pants, tie, shirt, and shoes. I found a (size 12!) dress for $31 on clearence ;) We saved $125 in total!! Woot Woot!!

As for exercise this week, I've been doing 30 day shred, walking, dancing, and cleaning (which was a lot of sweat moving around cabinets and scrubbing a floor on my knees, etc). I plan on finishing up the week with 30 day shred, and thats probably it. Grandma's wake is tomorrow and the funeral is Saturday. The guys that Nick works with have been super sweet and took up a small collection for us since Nick will miss a few extra days, but we plan on donating it to the diabetes foundation that his Grandma had chosen. It's going to be a long, emotional weekend.

Have a great day all and I will see you Monday.

Thanks for your support while my family and I have been going through this. :heart: Bru
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Stacy your not a big baby lol I am cuz i wont post a pic. Congrats on what you have lost so far. I keep going over my calories by 100 or so. I need to be more careful sheesh.....
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Stacy you are BEAUTIFUL! I'm so proud of you for posting your picture as well!! Keep ypur confidence chicky, you look GREAT!!!

Update on things again, I know I know, I post this stuff way too much, but I think of many of you as family.

Grandpa is NOT well enough to attend services this weekend and the doctors are giving him 3-6weeks before he joins his wife again. I am really trying to see the positive in all this but it's so hard. I hope to say next time that the doctors were wrong, but at this point, I doubt it. I just want Grandpa to be comfortable and in no pain. But I know what that will mean. *hugs* all, I'll be off for much of the day.

Girl you are wonderful for having such strength! I'm glad your family has you to help get through this time. You, your Grandpa, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Hows everyone doing this week? Hanging in there? Anyone having any problems? If so this is the place to talk about them to see if we cant help you, get past them. Hows the jump roping going? Anyone choose a different type of activity youd like to share with everyone? Just thought Id check in on everyone. Would anyone like to start out week 2 on Saturday, or would you guys prefer that I do it again. Just let me know.

I'm not doing the jump rope thing as that puts too much strain on my knees, ankles, and joints - I've just got too much weight on me still to do that safely. But maybe soon! :D I joined the November Walking Challenge instead. I'm shooting for 35 miles this month but I think I might have set my goals a bit too low as it's only the 4th and I've already logged 8 extra miles lol. I'm really kicking booty with the walking so far! I'm proud of myself. :D

@iluvwdw - Thanks, hun! Yeah, I'm so loving the blonde! I've never been blonde before (except when I was a little girl), but I'm totally digging it! I really enjoy having my hair this light. So is my sweetie, he can barely keep his hands off me these days! lol BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

@Certified_Femail - Girl, if a 323 lb woman can have the courage to post a pic you should have the courage to post a pic of yourself! If I can do it, you can too! heheh Come on! We won't bite ..unless you like that sort of thing. lol
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    @Certified_Femail - Girl, if a 323 lb woman can have the courage to post a pic you should have the courage to post a pic of yourself! If I can do it, you can too! heheh Come on! We won't bite ..unless you like that sort of thing. lol

I'm an EOB...equal opportunity biter. :tongue:

Haven't done the jump rope challenge. Don't have a rope so had planned to jump in place. But I got sidetracked because I'm doing a craft fair this Saturday and next Saturday and I opened my online store, so I had a lot of product to get ready. Still have a lot to make. It's fun, though!
  • pink_and_shiny
    OK I know this is going to sound strange, but if anyone is looking for work as a commissioned sales rep for a wine bottle accessory company, let me know. We need reps all over the US and currently only have CA and some of the Pacific Northwest covered. If you (or someone you know) might be interested, send me a message!

Thanks Team H20!!
  • When do we have weigh-ins? I usually weigh-in on Fridays, but is that okay with this challenge?
  • AprilVal
    When do we have weigh-ins? I usually weigh-in on Fridays, but is that okay with this challenge?

You starting weight will be in this tread, the next one is where you post you second week weigh in.. so you can weigh in on friday to put it in on the next week.. :) It will work out just fine.. :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Stacy, I am so proud of you for posting the pictures. BTW, I can see a difference. Look at you arms and your neck (although you did cut your head off in the one - lol). I think it may be harder for you to see not because your body is not changing, but because the starting picture was in solid black. You are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work! I look forward to your pictures in Dec at the end of the challenge.

As for me, I have been to crazy hectic this week to even think about taking a picture. Maybe when we get back from camping Sunday night I will finally remember.

I have not been doing the jump rope challenge yet for the same reason I have not posted the picture. I do not even remember from day to day until I get to work and post my morning on the boards here. I think I would get some strange looks if I pretended to jump rope here.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Well, I know I'm a bit early to post a weight, but I really need to post it now. I HIT 'ONE'derland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at 199.8, yea, it's still close to 200, but I don't care! I'm in the 100s!! Of all days to hit it, I'm glad it was today. I really needed a bit of good news. It's going to be a long weekend, so I'll see you all Monday or Tuesday. Take care all and see you next week!

XoxoxoX Bru
  • pink_and_shiny
    Congrats, Bru!!!
  • Congratulations Bru! :D

Will the link to the Week 2-thread be posted here? I am such a noob, I'll probably miss it if not :p
  • pink_and_shiny
    kattugen, no worries. The link for the next week's thread is always posted in the soon-to-be-last week thread. If you miss it, the link will also be made available on the Team H20 website in the links section. :)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    To be honest i haven't done anything this week. Not from laziness but I just decided to take a break, rest for a bit I've come so far, and ordered INSANITY so i know i'm gonna go much further, and decided to just chill out a little. INSANITY will be her most likely tomorrow, Monday at the latest and it'll be back to the Grind. My goal is to loose 10-15lbs by Jan, when I have my tummy tuck. and then do another round or two of insanity before summer hopefully revealing a body I will be proud of!
  • AprilVal
    way to go bru..

and yes the link will be posted in this one.. its how i always do it.. :)

I hope everyones having a good day.. well its off to work. gonna try to prepare week 2 tonight when i get outta work.. I hope i have the energy to.. ive been soo blah.. its not that lives bad its just the weather and with everything thats been going on ive felt soooooooooo tired.. i hate it.

hope everyone has a great weekend.. look for the new thread on here or thru me or on the h20 website.. if you need the link to the site again let us know.. please and thank you.. Now its off to work I go!
  • Thanks for the answers guys!

@AprilVal - I need a link to the website, please :)
This discussion has been closed.