My Name is Kelcie and I'm a Sugar Addict

Options
1234568»

Replies

• fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I find it rather humorous that for a website that has a WHOLE forum about motivation and support.. this is how you treat people who are simply trying to make better choices. We all knew what she meant when she said she was giving up sugar. Get a grip, people.. or a hobby. You all need a hug.

Congrats on giving up that very specific type of sugar.. and the rest of humanity apologizes for you having to suffer such nonsense.

^^^This too... hugs are good.
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @valgogo -
    "Sweetheart" - I feel for you. Too sad! You attack her and preach.
    Moving along.
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @ValGogo

Sugar lights up the same reward pathways in the brain as any other addictive substance. When it significantly impacts your life (crying every day because you can't have it), I'd call that an addiction. Don't downplay other's struggles, you should be focused on building people up and encouraging, not breaking them down because they don't fit your definition of addiction.

@Kelcie

Good job, keep going, once you get past the initial cravings it gets a lot easier. Quitting sugar was harder for me than quitting smoking! One thing that worked for me was to try to keep the "Diet" sugar free options minimal, because all too often it will trigger cravings for the real thing.

zoidberg_blessthispost.gif
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    I for one would love to see a peer reviewed clinical study supporting evidence that sugar changes the chemistry of the brain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23280226
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21205113

And Kelcie - way to go! It's really hard overcoming a love of sugary treats! Great work!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    @valgogo - Are you being for real? You are ONLY an addict when you have traded sexual flavours?

I didn't say that. YOU said "ONLY." And no one is trading sexual flavours. Unless it's vanilla which i would gladly trade for chocolate.

Guess what, wisenheimer, the drugs, alsohol, sugar, fat, cake, it's all a symptom of a deeper problem. SO, in the end, addiection in not solely about the substance but a just something people use to not look at the thing that's REALLY causing them internal suffering.

I've made peace with this stupid post and subsequent explosion. So don't throw "program" at me; you're preaching to the chior. Now take that cotton out of your eyes and put it in your cyber mouth because obviously you don't read all the words in the post.

AH

You were "done" at 8:00 in the morning, three days ago. You should have quit while you were ahead. At this point, you're angry, resentful and pushy. Somewhere in those 12 steps, you need to re-think your work thus far...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!