Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    43245578.jpg
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    If she's a close friend, why aren't you invited?

If you aren't invited then why should you give a flyin' fruit loop what she thinks.

It sounds like you need to re evaluate this friendship, not the date of your party.

Seriously.

You aren't as close as you think you are if you didn't even get an invite to the wedding. In that case, I wouldn't care at ALL.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I want out. I re-read OP and now I have a headache.

This.

<insert cat fight gif here>
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Time to sleep with the groom.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Time to sleep with the groom.

Plot twist time!
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    I want out. I re-read OP and now I have a headache.

Mine too. I haz a confuse
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You're not a child. If she hurt your feelings by not inviting you then SAY SOMETHING. Don't be passive aggressive and resentful about it. Don't just suck it up. Call her attention to the fact that she did something hurtful. If you planned your party thing on the same day intentionally, then that's just silly.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    As a bride I want everybody and their dog at my event. Even black sheep uncle. So it doesn't make sense she'd not invite close friends of hers or his. Unless maybe she resents you because of yoru friendship with the ex wife.
    Wanting everybody there I also carefully made sure I planned it away from birthdays, ect. Even on a Friday rather than Saturday since it's football season.
    So no bride in her right mind in going to schedule it on a day where a friend is having another even. That's just dumb.

So really I think there is missing information here, and you are just looking for a reason to call somebody nobody on here knows a bridezilla b*tch. :)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    ....I was (to my disappointing and hurtful surprise) not invited to the wedding. Every year at Mid-summer we have a big celebration. I went on and planned my event like I always do. Now Bridezilla is *****ing that my event is the same date and time as hers...

Wait, you weren't invited, so you planned your event on the same day?

Well then.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Why is this even an issue?

If 1.) you weren't invited to her wedding then you obviously aren't close friends and 2.) you have your own event to worry about...then why not just carry on with your event and not even sweat what's going on with her?

The fact that you weren't even invited says a lot...so who freakin' cares about her wedding. The people that ARE your closest friends will attend your event and she can go F' herself.
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ok I felt a little in the dark when I read the term "hand fasting" had to look it up

Handfasting
    Handfasting is a historical term for "betrothal" or "wedding". In the Early Modern history of Scotland (16th and 17th centuries), especially in the Hebrides, the term could also refer to a temporary marriage.
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well, I wasn't invited to either so I'm furious.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Everyone's talking about the OP doing her event on the same day as the wedding but isn't "Mid-summer" a specific date, kind of like if someone were having a New Year's Eve wedding and it was a conflict with others' NYE parties?

OTOH I have no idea...never heard of mid-summer, I assumed it was something like Solstice etc that's not celebrated in my circle.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Wait. You found out about the wedding before planning the event. Did you intentionally plan the event for the same time and day of her wedding? Or is it always on the same day and that is the day she's having her wedding? Trying to figure out if there's one b*tch or two in this story.:laugh:

Well, yes and no. They did say their wedding was going to be on Midsummer, however, I didn't know what day they meant by that, so I set my event on the solar holiday actual Midsummer, because it conveniently fell on a Saturday this year, but for me it's always meant June 20th. Mid-summer proper occurs when the sun is the highest in the sky, so if we're going to get technical, the date they gave me was at noon on Saturday, my event and the hand-fasting starts at 6pm. I figured I'd get invited to the wedding and then I would know.

There are a lot of crossover friends on Facebook, but more like acquaintances in real life.

I really care about them both and it seems like every time I have an event I can't make everyone happy with a date.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ok I felt a little in the dark when I read the term "hand fasting" had to look it up

Handfasting
    Handfasting is a historical term for "betrothal" or "wedding". In the Early Modern history of Scotland (16th and 17th centuries), especially in the Hebrides, the term could also refer to a temporary marriage.

It's common for pagan wedding rituals. Which I think is what the OP meant about it being a "lifestyle" wedding.

To me "lifestyle" wedding would mean something TOTALLY different. LOL!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Seltzer, I was thinking the same thing....

Moreover, I know of someone having their wedding on Thanksgiving Day!....talk about SELFISH!:mad:
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    it is E-T-C!!! UGGGGHHHHH!!! I hate it when people use ect... :mad:
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    Wait. You found out about the wedding before planning the event. Did you intentionally plan the event for the same time and day of her wedding? Or is it always on the same day and that is the day she's having her wedding? Trying to figure out if there's one b*tch or two in this story.:laugh:

Well, yes and no. They did say their wedding was going to be on Midsummer, however, I didn't know what day they meant by that, so I set my event on the solar holiday actual Midsummer, because it conveniently fell on a Saturday this year, but for me it's always meant June 20th. Mid-summer proper occurs when the sun is the highest in the sky, so if we're going to get technical, the date they gave me was at noon on Saturday, my event and the hand-fasting starts at 6pm. I figured I'd get invited to the wedding and then I would know.

There are a lot of crossover friends on Facebook, but more like acquaintances in real life.

I really care about them both and it seems like every time I have an event I can't make everyone happy with a date.

lol what??????????? I don't even know what any of this even means?

OP; bottom line, if you weren't invited, it doesn't matter. You can do whatever you want on that day.