Bridezilla - Just Venting

Options

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

unless she invited you after the fact in an effort to get you to change your event.

You're on to something....If that were the case, why the hell would you humor her by going to her wedding when she's only inviting you so that you don't sabotage her wedding.

Yes!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

unless she invited you after the fact in an effort to get you to change your event.

You're on to something....If that were the case, why the hell would you humor her by going to her wedding when she's only inviting you so that you don't sabotage her wedding.

Aha! I sense alterior motives FOR EVERYONE!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

LOL Because I do care about their family and I'm not sure about the bride's motifs, but in any case would be supportive of her groom's choices, and happy for the children involved.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    elmo-tl_dr.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If their event starts at 4, the ceremony at 6, then how are you going to have a party at 7?

Is this real life? I don't see how this works. Isn't almost worse to show up and leave?

This whole thread is a lesson on the important of patience.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

LOL Because I do care about their family and I'm not sure about the bride's motifs, but in any case would be supportive of her groom's choices, and happy for the children involved.

The motifs are likely floral. Or maybe pagan symbolic motifs?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    If their event starts at 4, the ceremony at 6, then how are you going to have a party at 7?

Is this real life? I don't see how this works. Isn't almost worse to show up and leave?

I failed, started talking about make-up instead
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do you only treat her like a "close friend" when she treats you like one ? If you're a "close friend" I would assume you wouldn't mind changing the date to an event that you have annually, considering hers is suppose to happen once in a lifetime....but I guess "close friend" doesn't actually mean "good friend", so maybe I just misunderstood...
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I read it as motive.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

Would it be worse to show up and leave?

Maybe I should just mail a gift.

I'm not sure what to do.

If I could change my event I would, but a lot of people have already submitted time off requests for the Mid-summer.

I'm not sure what to do.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Why can't you be normal and have a Fourth of July party? When you say Mid Summer "Event" I'm thinking of a bunch of adults skipping around a pole with different colored ribbons.:yawn:
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m62t3oI0JE1ryaiojo1_r1_500.gif
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

I read it as motive.

I think it's tartan/kilt with black collars with blingy hearts on it.

Despite the fact that this thread probably does sound made up and pointless, truth is stranger than fiction, sometimes.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Why can't you be normal and have a Fourth of July party? When you say Mid Summer "Event" I'm thinking of a bunch of adults skipping around a pole with different colored ribbons.:yawn:

Close, that's Walpurgis/Beltane.

Last year we got naked and jumped over the fire pit, though.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Do you only treat her like a "close friend" when she treats you like one ? If you're a "close friend" I would assume you wouldn't mind changing the date to an event that you have annually, considering hers is suppose to happen once in a lifetime....but I guess "close friend" doesn't actually mean "good friend", so maybe I just misunderstood...

That is very true, very, very true.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Would it be worse to show up and leave?

Maybe I should just mail a gift.

I'm not sure what to do.

If I could change my event I would, but a lot of people have already submitted time off requests for the Mid-summer.

I'm not sure what to do.

They honestly can't change their requests?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I read it as motive.

I think it's tartan/kilt with black collars with blingy hearts on it.

Despite the fact that this thread probably does sound made up and pointless, truth is stranger than fiction, sometimes.
    Now I'm onboard. I thought it was motive as in behaviour earlier, but it was the pattern. My bad.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Last year we got naked and jumped over the fire pit, though.

Clearly, I need new friends.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would change your party to another date. Just easier.
    And as far as the time off people request.

It's pretty easy to say "hey, turns out they changed the date. Can I have _________ off instead"
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

I failed, started talking about make-up instead

That's OK.

I love make up talk too.

I think the most under-rated make-up is Victoria Secret. It goes on sale %90 off twice a year and it is so good.

It really stays on and true to the color it's supposed to be.