• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Go to the wedding anyway.

wedding-crashers-2.jpg
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Seltzer, I was thinking the same thing....

Moreover, I know of someone having their wedding on Thanksgiving Day!....talk about SELFISH!:mad:

Lol why would anyone even do that
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    it is E-T-C!!! UGGGGHHHHH!!! I hate it when people use ect... :mad:

IRREGARDLESS!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know it's a backyard wedding with some people from their sub-culture lifestyle doing the ceremony, so I did naturally assume that it was a "lifestyle" wedding thing that might not be fit for general public.

It's actually a hand-fasting, too, but that's besides the point.

Pips, that could be the case, I don't know.

I figured at least she would text an address, email, call, Facebook event page, or mail an invitation to those invited.

It could be an issue with legitimately running way behind on getting everything put together, in which case I have no clue what to do because I had to get several people to agree on a date for my event and all of them except a couple had to take off work, so it can't really be changed at this point.

... Go on.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I never quite grasped why the wedding day is about the bride. Often it seems like the groom is an afterthought if not decidedly a necessary evil. Bridezillas suck. So does whining.

SO MUCH OF THIS!!!! A wedding is supposed to be about a marriage. Not the bride.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

Moreover, I know of someone having their wedding on Thanksgiving Day!....talk about SELFISH!:mad:

Right!?!? And then she wants me to do her hair/makeup for $150 for her and the bridesmaids:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She should be paying ME quadruple the standard rate just to be there on a holiday!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I really care about them both and it seems like every time I have an event I can't make everyone happy with a date.

:huh:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OP - If you wish the happy couple well, then send a nice gift with a card apologizing for missing the wedding due to the conflict with your event (that is obviously oriented around that specific day) and carry on with life. Don't even bother mentioning her failure to invite you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

WUT
  • sassyjae21
    Options

Right!?!? And then she wants me to do her hair/makeup for $150 for her and the bridesmaids:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She should be paying ME quadruple the standard rate just to be there on a holiday!!

I was about to quote your first post and say that's Holiday time but you beat me to it! :laugh:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yikes honey!
    Plan yours for the day before or the day after that way mutual friends can attend both events.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    As a bride I want everybody and their dog at my event. Even black sheep uncle. So it doesn't make sense she'd not invite close friends of hers or his. Unless maybe she resents you because of yoru friendship with the ex wife.
    Wanting everybody there I also carefully made sure I planned it away from birthdays, ect. Even on a Friday rather than Saturday since it's football season.
    So no bride in her right mind in going to schedule it on a day where a friend is having another even. That's just dumb.

So really I think there is missing information here, and you are just looking for a reason to call somebody nobody on here knows a bridezilla b*tch. :)

I don't think it was clear in the OP, but it sounds like this is a Pagan or Wiccan wedding. Maybe they're only inviting people REALLY into the lifestyle or something.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Punch her in the face!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

I was about to quote your first post and say that's Holiday time but you beat me to it! :laugh:

These broke bums wanting a buddy discount on Thanksgiving.....girl please.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    As a bride I want everybody and their dog at my event. Even black sheep uncle. So it doesn't make sense she'd not invite close friends of hers or his. Unless maybe she resents you because of yoru friendship with the ex wife.
    Wanting everybody there I also carefully made sure I planned it away from birthdays, ect. Even on a Friday rather than Saturday since it's football season.
    So no bride in her right mind in going to schedule it on a day where a friend is having another even. That's just dumb.

So really I think there is missing information here, and you are just looking for a reason to call somebody nobody on here knows a bridezilla b*tch. :)

I don't think it was clear in the OP, but it sounds like this is a Pagan or Wiccan wedding. Maybe they're only inviting people REALLY into the lifestyle or something.

I thought that too, but it seems important to the OP that her event be held on this "midsummer" occassion also.

I don't get it.
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know it's a backyard wedding with some people from their sub-culture lifestyle doing the ceremony, so I did naturally assume that it was a "lifestyle" wedding thing that might not be fit for general public.

It's actually a hand-fasting, too, but that's besides the point.

Pips, that could be the case, I don't know.

I figured at least she would text an address, email, call, Facebook event page, or mail an invitation to those invited.

It could be an issue with legitimately running way behind on getting everything put together, in which case I have no clue what to do because I had to get several people to agree on a date for my event and all of them except a couple had to take off work, so it can't really be changed at this point.

A hand-fasting is NOT a wedding. Totally different. You weren't invited because you don't get it.

I think the both of you are being babies about it.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I never quite grasped why the wedding day is about the bride. Often it seems like the groom is an afterthought if not decidedly a necessary evil. Bridezillas suck. So does whining.

I think because often weddings are something that some women start planning/dreaming about from the time they are little girls. While guys just don't usually have that same interest. In fact, most (scratch that ALL) of the grooms I have known, just think of the cost, hate the idea of giving a speech and want it to be over as soon as possible :laugh:

Obviously that isn't always the case though...
  • sassyjae21
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Folks always trying to get a discount lol
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Folks always trying to get a discount lol

I'll give her a discount...but she'll be wearing Loreal and Cover Girl (some Walmart ish) not my MAC supply!:laugh: :laugh: