Bridezilla - Just Venting

Options

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I am just venting. I will talk to them about it calmly, but I just want to make sure not to let emotions get twisted because I do truly care and honestly don't know if I was supposed to assume I was invited or if it is a more private event.

It sounds like a mis-communication at best, and if that is the case I'm not sure if it can be undone, except possibly pushing our Midsummer back a few hours and doing both, but that would seriously affect how much time I have to prep for our event, but possible, but I don't even know if I'm invited or to be invited or not invited at all.

Either there was a simple miscommunication, and you blew it all up.

Or she didn't invite you because you tend to over react and create drama around occasions that are not about you.

I don't get any of this. Seems like so much unnecessary drama between "friends".

Very possible, and I'd much rather blow it all up in a random post to strangers on MFP than on the thread on FB.

There is a method to this madness, calm down, think about it, don't reply all emotional, and cause problems.

I'd rather rant a bit here than come across hostile towards my friends.
  • occupysmithmachine
    Options
    Ugh. I am really trying to bite my tongue. A very close friend of mine is getting married on Mid-summer. I was (to my disappointing and hurtful surprise) not invited to the wedding. Every year at Mid-summer we have a big celebration. I went on and planned my event like I always do. Now Bridezilla is *****ing that my event is the same date and time as hers, and having the audacity to imply that attendance to our event will suffer for it. Part of me wants to go all keyboard bully and be like "Why should I give two ****s about a wedding I wasn't invited too?" But part of me actually really likes these people and are very happy for them and their marriage, and I really don't want to do anything to spoil any bride-to-be's special day. I think she's being a bit over-reaching, even *****ing that they can't attend our event due to the scheduling conflict! What in the actual ****? I know it's her big day and herwedding should revolve around her, but my event and her wedding are two very different events, and my event doesn't need to revolve around her. If my events need to revolve around her she can send a damn invitation with a date and time on it like the rest of the world does when they don't want anything interfering with their big day. Just venting. I probably won't reply at all.
    Cliff notes ^^^

Amazing
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Use some e.l.f LMAO

Elf and NYX...she'll be getting the cotton ball application treatment too.

Hey now, I swear by my Elf Eyebrow Palette and Nyx Milk Pencil.
    I wear L'oreal and Cover Girl too. I'm too cheap to buy expensive stuff that I'm going to wash off in a few hours. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I'm too lazy to do any of it, most times
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying the products are bad or not bad....But brides expect a particular product when they're paying for your services....with the BUDDY DISCOUNT those expectations need to go out the dang window.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    [url][/url]
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying the products are bad or not bad....But brides expect a particular product when they're paying for your services....with the BUDDY DISCOUNT those expectations need to go out the dang window.

I did my sister's make up for her wedding. I bought MAC. LOL!

What are your thoughts on Sephora? I've never used it but heard its good stuff.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Sephora is a retail store for various brands. If they have their own line now, I haven't heard about it.

Edit: nm, just looked it up and apparently they do have their own collections. Never used it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am just venting. I will talk to them about it calmly, but I just want to make sure not to let emotions get twisted because I do truly care and honestly don't know if I was supposed to assume I was invited or if it is a more private event.

It sounds like a mis-communication at best, and if that is the case I'm not sure if it can be undone, except possibly pushing our Midsummer back a few hours and doing both, but that would seriously affect how much time I have to prep for our event, but possible, but I don't even know if I'm invited or to be invited or not invited at all.

Either there was a simple miscommunication, and you blew it all up.

Or she didn't invite you because you tend to over react and create drama around occasions that are not about you.

I don't get any of this. Seems like so much unnecessary drama between "friends".

Very possible, and I'd much rather blow it all up in a random post to strangers on MFP than on the thread on FB.

There is a method to this madness, calm down, think about it, don't reply all emotional, and cause problems.

I'd rather rant a bit here than come across hostile towards my friends.

Haven't you done that by planning a party on their wedding day?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yes, and by the looks of her expectations, you should be using whatever you can find at the dollar store.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Is this a naked pagan event that's not really a legal marriage but a celebration of their commitment to each other?

Does anyone really want to go to a naked wedding? I know you didn't say "naked" per se, but you say it isn't for the general public, and it's in the back yard, so I think "naked."
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Sephora is a retail store for various brands. If they have their own line now, I haven't heard about it.

Hmm... always thought they had their own line.
  • sassyjae21
    Options

They do have their own line. I like their products. I don't buy makeup often, but they have a nice line.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n328ontxKc1r5hxbq.gif

Yep pretty much!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Yes, and by the looks of her expectations, you should be using whatever you can find at the dollar store.

Exactly! haha
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I'm so confused. Is this a naked pagan event that's not really a legal marriage but a celebration of their commitment to each other?

Does anyone really want to go to a naked wedding? I know you didn't say "naked" per se, but you say it isn't for the general public, and it's in the back yard, so I think "naked."

Ah... so it is my definition of a "lifestyle" wedding. :laugh:
  • sassyjae21
    Options

Yep. I've used their lipstick, eye shadow, and blush. Not any of the actual coverage makeup so I don't know what that's like.

Sorry about the derail, shutting up. Carry on
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

Yeah, I edited my earlier response...I never used their products.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Yep. I've used their lipstick, eye shadow, and blush. Not any of the actual coverage makeup so I don't know what that's like.

Sorry about the derail, shutting up. Carry on

Don't lie to yourself.

It gave you pleasure.

:devil:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

My MUA for my wedding used an elf gloss for me and gave it to me as a gift. :embarassed:

Also, Sephora has had its own line for awhile? As does ULTA.