Bridezilla - Just Venting

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know it's a backyard wedding with some people from their sub-culture lifestyle doing the ceremony, so I did naturally assume that it was a "lifestyle" wedding thing that might not be fit for general public.

It's actually a hand-fasting, too, but that's besides the point.

Pips, that could be the case, I don't know.

I figured at least she would text an address, email, call, Facebook event page, or mail an invitation to those invited.

It could be an issue with legitimately running way behind on getting everything put together, in which case I have no clue what to do because I had to get several people to agree on a date for my event and all of them except a couple had to take off work, so it can't really be changed at this point.

A hand-fasting is NOT a wedding. Totally different. You weren't invited because you don't get it.

I think the both of you are being babies about it.

I had a hand-fasting done at our wedding. Depending on where OP lives, a hand-fasting becomes a legal ceremony as long as a vow is said with a legal officiant, witnesses and marriage papers present.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I am just venting. I will talk to them about it calmly, but I just want to make sure not to let emotions get twisted because I do truly care and honestly don't know if I was supposed to assume I was invited or if it is a more private event.

It sounds like a mis-communication at best, and if that is the case I'm not sure if it can be undone, except possibly pushing our Midsummer back a few hours and doing both, but that would seriously affect how much time I have to prep for our event, but possible, but I don't even know if I'm invited or to be invited or not invited at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I never quite grasped why the wedding day is about the bride. Often it seems like the groom is an afterthought if not decidedly a necessary evil. Bridezillas suck. So does whining.

I think because often weddings are something that some women start planning/dreaming about from the time they are little girls. While guys just don't usually have that same interest. In fact, most (scratch that ALL) of the grooms I have known, just think of the cost, hate the idea of giving a speech and want it to be over as soon as possible :laugh:

Obviously that isn't always the case though...

My sister had no interest in a wedding cause she was very tomboyish growing up. My BIL, on the other hand, insisted. He wanted her to be treated and celebrated like a princess. Once he explained it that way, she was all on board.

It was very sweet and beautiful ceremony that they planned together. :happy:
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n328ontxKc1r5hxbq.gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    In fact, most (scratch that ALL) of the grooms I have known, just think of the cost, hate the idea of giving a speech and want it to be over as soon as possible :laugh:

I feel the same way as most grooms. But that's what happens when you suffer from extreme anxiety :laugh:

*shudder*
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

It was very sweet and beautiful ceremony that they planned together. :happy:

That does sound nice - I def didn't want to draw conclusions on everyone and totally think the scenario you described happens far more often than maybe I give it credit for.
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    Seltzer, I was thinking the same thing....

Moreover, I know of someone having their wedding on Thanksgiving Day!....talk about SELFISH!:mad:

Lol why would anyone even do that

Right!?!? And then she wants me to do her hair/makeup for $150 for her and the bridesmaids:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She should be paying ME quadruple the standard rate just to be there on a holiday!!

I was about to quote your first post and say that's Holiday time but you beat me to it! :laugh:

These broke bums wanting a buddy discount on Thanksgiving.....girl please.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Folks always trying to get a discount lol

I'll give her a discount...but she'll be wearing Loreal and Cover Girl (some Walmart ish) not my MAC supply!:laugh: :laugh:

Use some e.l.f LMAO
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I know it's a backyard wedding with some people from their sub-culture lifestyle doing the ceremony, so I did naturally assume that it was a "lifestyle" wedding thing that might not be fit for general public.

I figured at least she would text an address, email, call, Facebook event page, or mail an invitation to those invited.

It could be an issue with legitimately running way behind on getting everything put together, in which case I have no clue what to do because I had to get several people to agree on a date for my event and all of them except a couple had to take off work, so it can't really be changed at this point.

A hand-fasting is NOT a wedding. Totally different. You weren't invited because you don't get it.

I had a hand-fasting done at our wedding. Depending on where OP lives, a hand-fasting becomes a legal ceremony as long as a vow is said with a legal officiant, witnesses and marriage papers present.

I have seen a hand-fasting at a Christian wedding. The bride wanted to honor the groom's Celtic heritage. It was quite lovely, but only part of the ceremony and didn't serve as the ceremony itself.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Use some e.l.f LMAO

Elf and NYX...she'll be getting the cotton ball application treatment too.
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    lol their faces are going to be broke out the next day lol
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think I see a sausage necklace? *heads to the kitchen*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I am just venting. I will talk to them about it calmly, but I just want to make sure not to let emotions get twisted because I do truly care and honestly don't know if I was supposed to assume I was invited or if it is a more private event.

It sounds like a mis-communication at best, and if that is the case I'm not sure if it can be undone, except possibly pushing our Midsummer back a few hours and doing both, but that would seriously affect how much time I have to prep for our event, but possible, but I don't even know if I'm invited or to be invited or not invited at all.

Either there was a simple miscommunication, and you blew it all up.

Or she didn't invite you because you tend to over react and create drama around occasions that are not about you.

I don't get any of this. Seems like so much unnecessary drama between "friends".
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

This will not be a legal wedding, however I know that because they are making oaths that it is deeply significant to both of them.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    lol their faces are going to be broke out the next day lol

I don't wear a lot of make up.

Is e.l.f. bad? I have a friend that swears by it.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I think I see a sausage necklace? *heads to the kitchen*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Use some e.l.f LMAO

Hey now, I swear by my Elf Eyebrow Palette and Nyx Milk Pencil.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I am really trying to bite my tongue. A very close friend of mine is getting married on Mid-summer. I was (to my disappointing and hurtful surprise) not invited to the wedding. Every year at Mid-summer we have a big celebration. I went on and planned my event like I always do. Now Bridezilla is *****ing that my event is the same date and time as hers, and having the audacity to imply that attendance to our event will suffer for it. Part of me wants to go all keyboard bully and be like "Why should I give two ****s about a wedding I wasn't invited too?" But part of me actually really likes these people and are very happy for them and their marriage, and I really don't want to do anything to spoil any bride-to-be's special day. I think she's being a bit over-reaching, even *****ing that they can't attend our event due to the scheduling conflict! What in the actual ****? I know it's her big day and her wedding should revolve around her, but my event and her wedding are two very different events, and my event doesn't need to revolve around her. If my events need to revolve around her she can send a damn invitation with a date and time on it like the rest of the world does when they don't want anything interfering with their big day. Just venting. I probably won't reply at all.
    Cliff notes ^^^
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Use some e.l.f LMAO

I wear L'oreal and Cover Girl too. I'm too cheap to buy expensive stuff that I'm going to wash off in a few hours. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  • sassyjae21
    Options

Use some e.l.f LMAO

Actually, I've heard that about the eyebrow palette.

use wet and wild. lol I don't even think they make that anymore so maybe that one's ok to make fun of:laugh: