Bridezilla - Just Venting

Options

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

unless she invited you after the fact in an effort to get you to change your event.

You're on to something....If that were the case, why the hell would you humor her by going to her wedding when she's only inviting you so that you don't sabotage her wedding.

LOL Because I do care about their family and I'm not sure about the bride's motifs, but in any case would be supportive of her groom's choices, and happy for the children involved.

The motifs are likely floral. Or maybe pagan symbolic motifs?
    I read it as motive.

I think it's tartan/kilt with black collars with blingy hearts on it.

Despite the fact that this thread probably does sound made up and pointless, truth is stranger than fiction, sometimes.
    Now I'm onboard. I thought it was motive as in behaviour earlier, but it was the pattern. My bad.
    see?

I'm not seeing the blingy hearts. Is that hearts with sparkles?
    I'm having a hard time imagining that on Tartan.

The collars are black with red hearts that have sparklies on them,

than I'm assuming he's going to be wearing a kilt and than tartans, which I really don't even know what a tartan is.

Viking people dress up in some weird **** sometimes.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Things like this make me so glad I'm a man.
  • amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options

than I'm assuming he's going to be wearing a kilt and than tartans, which I really don't even know what a tartan is.

Just to say: tartan is a design, typically on a woollen cloth, that help identify SCOTTISH clans at one point in time. Most Scottish men wear their family tartan (ancient, traditional, modern, hunting) to their wedding to highlight the clan they belong too.

VIKINGS were from Scandinavia - Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

No wonder you weren't invited to the bloody wedding: you've no idea what a hand-fasting is, and are confusing two different cultures.

Here is a picture of a kilt (the clothing item). The tartan worn is the Robertson red modern - identifying him as part of the 'Robertson' clan.
    Dear god.

aob6dv.jpg
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Things like this make me so glad I'm a man.
    Me too.

jk
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ROFL

MFP Posters are so salty.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I read it all!!

I want to go to a partially naked handfasting well applied make-up party where people jump over fire and drink mead.

Then I want to go to the after-party where the other people will talk about the above celebration and continue into merriment.

But not on Thanksgiving.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

But not on Thanksgiving.

haha BOOM!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Is this a naked pagan event that's not really a legal marriage but a celebration of their commitment to each other?

Does anyone really want to go to a naked wedding? I know you didn't say "naked" per se, but you say it isn't for the general public, and it's in the back yard, so I think "naked."

Ah... so it is my definition of a "lifestyle" wedding. :laugh:
    when i read "lifestyle wedding" i immediately thought whips, chains, and leather. lol.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Is this a naked pagan event that's not really a legal marriage but a celebration of their commitment to each other?

Does anyone really want to go to a naked wedding? I know you didn't say "naked" per se, but you say it isn't for the general public, and it's in the back yard, so I think "naked."

when i read "lifestyle wedding" i immediately thought whips, chains, and leather. lol.

I was thinking World of Warcraft...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

Just to say: tartan is a design, typically on a woollen cloth, that help identify SCOTTISH clans at one point in time. Most Scottish men wear their family tartan (ancient, traditional, modern, hunting) to their wedding to highlight the clan they belong too.

No wonder you weren't invited to the bloody wedding: you've no idea what a hand-fasting is, and are confusing two different cultures.

Here is a picture of a kilt (the clothing item). The tartan worn is the Robertson red modern - identifying him as part of the 'Robertson' clan.
    Dear god.

aob6dv.jpg

True, although I read this all assuming the OP was Scandinavian (Viking) based on her username (Asa Thor's Woman ... don't tell me that's not Norse!) and the friends are Scottish, and she was more referring to herself with the Viking comment.

OTOH, there is some decent evidence that suggests a common ancestry. I believe the Picts, early settlers on the Isle of Britain (pre-Roman) actually came from Scandinavia at some point. So ... there's that.

I'm both Scottish and Norse, btw :wink:

Oops, another thread derail (though probably not as fun as the make up one that I came in too late for)
  • amykr93
    Options

Dear god.

aob6dv.jpg

True, although I read this all assuming the OP was Scandinavian (Viking) based on her username (Asa Thor's Woman ... don't tell me that's not Norse!) and the friends are Scottish, and she was more referring to herself with the Viking comment.

OTOH, there is some decent evidence that suggests a common ancestry. I believe the Picts, early settlers on the Isle of Britain (pre-Roman) actually came from Scandinavia at some point. So ... there's that.

I'm both Scottish and Norse, btw :wink:

Oops, another thread derail (though probably not as fun as the make up one that I came in too late for)

I was under the impression that there was no real evidence as to who the Picts actually were, the were in Northern and Eastern Scotland with different sects in different areas of Scotland.

I was assuming she had no idea what a kilt or tartan was, and didn't actually know it's origins since she was talking about her friends wedding outfits.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I was thinking World of Warcraft...

yeaaaaaaah...it certainly sounds like that sort of thing. warlock casts dragon spell +20 power points!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Yes, they are having a Viking Scottish BDSM Lifestyle Hand-fasting, don't hate, LOL.

It's their special day, they can certainly do things however they want.

Yes, tonight I will start the long drawn out process of calling everyone trying to get everyone to agree on an alternate date for Midsummer.

My efforts could be shot down, who knows.

I'm very aware of what a hand-fasting is, and I had been led to believe that a tartan is as you described, however, he used the term to refer to his "top" so I'm not sure if he meant tunic or if the word can be used interchangably for something else or what.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Did I hear men in kilts? Oh, I am so in.

Men-in-Kilts-Its-About-The-Man-17_zps386b74fe.jpg
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well, here's my opinion. I don't think she's a close friend if she didnt invite you to her wedding-no matter how different it is.

You should carry on with what you had planned to do in the first place. In my early twenties the girls I knew did this whole invite and uninvite to eachothers weddings bs and that was what it was, bs. Don't get caught up in it. Carry on and be happy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are having a Viking Scottish BDSM Lifestyle Hand-fasting, don't hate, LOL.

It's their special day, they can certainly do things however they want.

Yes, tonight I will start the long drawn out process of calling everyone trying to get everyone to agree on an alternate date for Midsummer.

My efforts could be shot down, who knows.

I'm very aware of what a hand-fasting is, and I had been led to believe that a tartan is as you described, however, he used the term to refer to his "top" so I'm not sure if he meant tunic or if the word can be used interchangably for something else or what.

Nice to see you're not bitter at all OP!!!
  • amykr93
    Options
    More men in kilts!

160tpvb.jpg

2h6vhoy.jpg

j6oisi.jpg

Just don't become this guy .... http://www.shoutingatco.ws/2011/05/13/daily-sport-brides-och-aye-the-poo/
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I'm so excited!

I just got this message "So, this is just a thought....Justin obviously misses and wants his Heather Lore family to be there for the handfasting, but it is the solstice and that needs to be honored too. Since the evening's festivities after the handfasting are pretty open - feasting and fire and drumming and dancing, what would you think of maybe combining our celebration and the Midsummer thing? We could even coordinate food and whatnot if you'd like. I'm really flexible on what happens after the ceremony as long as people eat and drink and enjoy themselves and we are not inviting anyone who isn't very openminded about Heathenry (obviously!). We'd be happy to host and share our night with the group, and if crash space is needed for some folks who might drink a little too much, I am sure that can be worked out somehow."

Daw. I should've never called her Bridezilla.

Now I can go forward with the planning of my event, but just work with them to make sure everything is in order.

They can have their hand-fasting we're present for, then later maybe at sundown our ceremony as well.

Now, she was planning a big German dinner for her wedding feast, and my event had someone bringing a bunch of brisket.

We'll figure out the details later!

This will be the best Mid-summer ever!

FYI Mid-summer is the traditional time for weddings/hand-fastings.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    There was a facebook post a midnight last night saying the invitations were done and going out.

She said "No turning back now."

:-)

I'm glad my days of planning weddings are ended.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you ain't invited, fugeddaboutit! Have your soiree as you do each year. If friends you have in common w/ the bride ask you about it, be gracious; let them know you won't harbor any ill will if they choose the wedding over your event...............