NOVEMBER- 30 day shred

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so well!!!!!!
    I'm hoping there will be a December 30DS thread, if not I'll have to start one!!!!!
    Since hurting my neck last week I've been really poor. Tried to get back into it earlier this week and I felt like I was back to the beginning!!!!!!!
    Will be having a go tomorrow morning and see how I go, still on level 1. Level 2 looks like a dream at the mo.
    Still, onwards and upwards!!!!!!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 29--one day to go!!
    My rock stars are more like pebble stars, but at my age I'm happy.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Ive been slacking on 30 Day Shred lately.

Day 8 Lvl 2 completed tonight
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    I just did Day 27 of the Shred. I missed Friday, not because i wanted to, but my power was out all evening. I'm pretty annoyed that I'm a day behind, but I still only have 3 days left.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ugh I missing alot of days b/c I'm really sick, so more than likely I will just be starting over again, if I can get over this crud.
  • kargreen
    Options
    Today is my last day but I am baffled... I have done this along with running every day for 30 days (did not miss one day). My stomach feels a little firmer and I can tell a difference in my arms and legs BUT I did not lose 1 pound. This was a huge let down for me. I was hoping to lose at least five pounds.

Thyroid issues run in my family. I seem to have a lot of the symptoms but my test came back fine (or so I was told). It took my aunt's doctor two years to figure out that she had thyroid problems. I do not want to wait that long...

I'm not quitting - I am getting Jillians fat burner video
  • mountainmare
    Options
    Today is my last day but I am baffled... I have done this along with running every day for 30 days (did not miss one day). My stomach feels a little firmer and I can tell a difference in my arms and legs BUT I did not lose 1 pound. This was a huge let down for me. I was hoping to lose at least five pounds.

Thyroid issues run in my family. I seem to have a lot of the symptoms but my test came back fine (or so I was told). It took my aunt's doctor two years to figure out that she had thyroid problems. I do not want to wait that long...

I'm not quitting - I am getting Jillians fat burner video

Congrats!!! I finished on Saturday, took yesterday off--first time in 30 days and started back in the groove with Cardio Max plus my usual. I just lost my normal 1lb per week, but I really notice a difference in my back and arms. I'm in my 60s so don't expect the fast losses that I had in my 20s, I just like the way I feel.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track! Starting again from level 1, but am doing it every day this week. Then, I'm moving up to level 2.
  • kargreen
    Options
    Thanks....

I have been looking at different videos to change it up a bit. I love to run but was told it's not good to do it everyday. It's my stress reliever.

Anyone have any good suggestions on video's?
  • mountainmare
    Options
    Thanks....

I have been looking at different videos to change it up a bit. I love to run but was told it's not good to do it everyday. It's my stress reliever.

Anyone have any good suggestions on video's?

I have a whole selection that works for me (disclaimer--I'm old). One thing I missed about the shred every day was mixing up my routines. I walk, bike, ride my horse almost every day, then do a dvd and do tai chi everyday--some yoga most days.
    My go to dvds are BL cardio max (I do the second level--hate the twirpy other trainer) and BL sculpt. I have a 45 min step and a two kick butts (they,re old but I like them). If I'm feeling not motivated or sore I have WATP Walk and jog or Walk and Kick.
    If we have a winter like last year I also have an exercise bike that works the arms too and an old rowing machine, but I like to get outside when possible. So dig out what you have and mix them up--I plan on just adding the shred--all three levels to my mix.
    Since you like to run (I'm assuming outside) get out your old bike. I like to ride my horse and hike, but I added the bike because you use different muscles. The other thing about a bike is it keeps you honest--if you stop pedaling you fall over.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Did anyone complete the 30 days today?? Wondering about people who measured how much you lost in inches? And pounds. :) I slacked off early on. :o\ Gotta get back on the bandwagon.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who made it through the challenge!

Im ending the month with 17 days complete (9 days of Level 1 and 8 days of level 2). It was difficult for me to stick with the same exercise everyday. So I did other exercises on the days I didnt feel like doing 30 Day Shred. Now, dont get me wrong, I enjoy 30 Day shred and I will be keeping it in my workout rotation but just not everyday. I look forward to trying Level 3 in the future.

I wish everyone well on their weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    I just finished Day 29/30. I'm going to do my last one tomorrow, then I'll post my progress. I know I'm down a few inches, but I'm not 100% on the exact number.
  • kargreen
    Options
    I think I am down in inches because my dress pants fit differently but I didn't lose any weight at all. I am actually heading to the doc's this afternoon to have blood work done. Both of my aunts have thryroid problems and are anemic. I already know that I'm borderline anemic but they haven't found anything wrong with my thyroid.... but then again it took almost two years for one of my aunts. I actually hope they find something so it can be fixed... I hate feeling like I am full of water all the time.

I took a day off and started the shred again. Funny that level 1 actually made my arms soar. I wonder if mixing it up - doing level 1, 2, and then 3 and just rotating them would work....

Good luck
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    Ok, so I just finished Day 30 of The Shred. I'm exhausted! I think I'm going to start the JM Boost Metabolism DVD tomorrow. So, I'm down 4 lbs. I'm also down 1/2 inch on my biceps, 2 inches on my chest, 1 inch on my waist, 2 inches off my hips and about 1/2-3/4inch off my thighs!!!! I'd call that success!
    Honestly, I think it's because I went straight through, no rest days (with one exception for a power outage). I'm lending my copy to a friend tomorrow. She saw my results and can't wait to start.