Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers - November 2010

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    Tried to copy your link Marie and post your picture but it didn't work for me either. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    tkg34.jpg

Have a wonderful Thankgiving Week
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member

Tinypic is much simpler than Photobucket. Actually, it belongs to Photobucket but doesn't require an account.) Follow my instructions line by line.

You can do it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    29y44cz.jpg

I tried using Tiny Pic and it worked for me.......this is Sasha and Bernie looking out the window together

smiley-happy023.gif
  • CALIECAT
    [img][/img]th_Marie.jpg

This didn't turn out right
  • CALIECAT
    C onnie could you e mail that back to me. somehow I lost it trying to get it save to a folder. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    :sick: Marie, I know how frustrating it is! I think you are missing the URL starting with {IMG..., maybe?

My gosh those animals of Barbie's are as lovely as can be. And I could just eat up Connie's "hound"!

I want to comment on Connie's internet savvy! I think she could clear up any and every problem I ever run into! I really screwed up my e-mail program today and I should have gotten Connie to tell me, "dumbhead, what's the very last change you entered into your e-mail rules"! What an afternoon. NO MAIL DOWNLOADING! All better now, but another wasted afternoon!

Busy Doctors days (including opthalmologist) coming up, so a HAPPY TURKEY DAY, y'all, and aren't we all thankful to be here?
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: Connie, that is a great purple outfit you’re wearing in your picture…..thanks for all technical help---your afghan hound’s puppy picture is adorable

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I love the photo of your mom and dad, thanks for posting it

:flowerforyou: Marie, never, never, never give up, you’ll figure out this picture thing

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Gayla, we have snow and cold here but nothing like what you have……Jake just measured the snow and we have almost 20 cm and it’s still coming down…the temperature now is -5 C and hasn’t gone over -1 C all day…..this is really cold and snowy for us

:flowerforyou: The dogs love playing in the snow but when they come in they have so much snow in their curly hair and hunks of ice that has to be taken out of the spaces between their toes….they would love to go to the dog park but there is no way we can drive there. We live on a hill on a private road so the road doesn’t get cleared and the hill is too tricky to navigate with temperatures below freezing.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

smiley-happy023.gif
  • CALIECAT
    bARBIECAT i DID NOT KNOW IT GOT THAT COLD THERE? Where is the pictures?

Sandy lovely picture of your MoM snd Dad I sure have enjoy seeing all the pictures. Who are the other people.?
    Getting ready to watch Skating with the stars There premire of the new show.
  • Uhg! I'm not doing any tracking today. I had access to a box of chocolate covered cherries.....made a mayonaise cake with coconut frosting. Four chocolates and a sliver of cake. Not a lot of food....just the wrong kind. I'm not mad at myself or discouraged, I will just do much better tomorrow. I have lost three pounds, so that is encouraging.

I'm glad we are all learning to post pictures. I enjoy that a lot. It helps us to get to know one another better. The pets are all so cute. I have new pets. Great granddaughter Mariah (4) named them today. The swordtails are Nick and Sally, and the Neons are Plantie, Watery and Coral. I could tell she was looking around in the aquarium for clues for names for the Neons.

We had a productive day . (That is her new word to learn.) We made mayonaise cake for Grandpa and a confetti cake for Thanksgiving, then we did the dishes (she rinses), had a couple of tea parties (She is Alice, I am the Madhatter), and worked on her turtles for Christmas presents for her family. They are made from walnut half shells, paper and glitter. She loves crafts and I am the only one with patience to do it with her. She announced she is spending the night, so she is wearing my t-shirt while her clothes are being washed for tomorrow. Yes, we have had a productive day. :bigsmile:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    ?action=view&current=0ce96d59.pbw

I have a hunch MFP doesn't recognize images with a .pbw extension. They are from PhotoWeb. I think you need to convert to jpg or gif file format.
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Connie. I got it copy and put it in a folder. But going to wait till my son comes by and let him show me how. Thaanks a bunch

Irene you like you had a producted day with your grandaughter. We don't have any small granchildren they all got grown up . and Married or have their boyfriends. No new great grandbaby yet. do have 3 great grand kids tho but they are all just about grown

My son made it in from St. Louis and seems he had that surgery done to lose weight. I didn't know about he has lost 39 lbs. his first month He looks great and feel great. He came by hia aelf.

I
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! What a lot of posts since I was last here and so many great pictures. It seems longer than 2 days ago. I worked yesterday and then went out for dinner with friends. This morning I got up to -30 and there was Dave outside shoveling the sidewalk. What a trooper! I haven't stepped outside even though I have a few errands I should be doing.

I will catch up with you all soon. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It got sunny and almost above freezing by midday so Jake could shovel the driveway and put out the garbage can. Our roads got cleared and the garbage man was able to drive in even on our hill.....later, I braved the roads and took the dogs to the dog park where they ran in the snow and barked at birds for 30 minutes, now it's getting colder again and I'm glad to be indoors. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: I put on a video of a musical and walked (like with Leslie Sansone) during the dialogue and danced to the musical parts.....what a fun workout.....I watched the whole movie in 20 minute exercise segments over a few days. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I've been riding the exercise bike and watching "Skating With the Stars":flowerforyou:
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    It is getting harder to keep up with these posts now that the Holidays are getting closer. :tongue:

I am sure with Connie's help we will all figure out the pictures and how to post them. Never give up!!!

I have been watching my calories and exercising but think I still gained weight. As one of our MFP pals told me, it could be muscle so I will not change my post yet. I guess we have to learn this is our life style if we want to lose and/or maintain our weight. There are days I would just love to binge on junk food, but I don't. My weakness is skinny cow ice cream truffle bars. They are only a hundred calories but do have a little sugar. I really do try to watch my sugar intake but not always perfect with it. My other downfall is sodium, some things have so much salt it is hard to regulate. I am trying and I hope to someday be down to the 125 I really want to be. According to MFP it says if I keep this up at this rate, I should be there by Christmas. We will see.

Sciatica bothering me, so I am going on the couch to the heating pad.

Have a good night.
  • delraybuzz
    What a luckey little grandaughter, IRENE, to have a Grandmother willing to spend time playacting!...Madhatter, yet! :laugh:
  • delraybuzz
    Oops, posted before I finished! :ohwell: Sandy, sorry about that darn sciatica and wish you a painfree holiday.. ...... Connie, I think it was pretyy funny that I mentioned Kim Komando to you, as I think you could write her column as well as she does!.............Marie, how nice your son's surgery seems successful. I'd love to recommend it to my son, who really packed on the pounds living and eating in Hawaii 34 years! And his stint in Germany was delicious but 5 years of fattening foods.....and fabulous breads did not help! :noway: .................Barbie, you're really doing fantastically well, and dancing with the movies is a great idea. You really seem to be just about at goal, too.............................I'm afraid to hit "enter" to shift to the next line since it posted without my wanting to last time I did that! :blushing: so it's one big paragraph now!.......................I went to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute today, and my doctor is sending me to have my lids checked, since he feels the droop is keeping tears just at pupil level, thus the blur. I need a chin lift, too! :laugh:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: to you ALL and a happy Thanksgiving a trifle early, but I think tomorrow is another rushed day!
  • barbiecat
    smiley-happy110.gif
    It was 11 degrees F here at bedtime and 22 when I walked the dogs this morning....my Wednesday line dance teacher is in Florida for Thanksgiving so there was no class so I held my own class in the front entryway where I have a wood floor....I danced for 90 minutes starting with dances that I knew without a review followed by teaching myself a new dance (actually one from the September workshop that I only vaguely remembered) and then reviewing one that I don't know well......Brandy and Sasha danced with me part of the time and watched me from the couch the rest of the time.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I hope the pain won't interfere with your enjoyment of Thanksgiving

:flowerforyou: Buzz, I hope you'll find a solution to your blurry vision

agthanksgiving8.gif
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Happy Wednesday everyone,

I miss you all very much, has been so busy at work soon will be better.

Marie - You are a wonderful and very caring friend, thanks for checking on me to make sure I was ok. You are the best.:flowerforyou::flowerforyou:

Sandy - Sorry Sciatica is bothering you :cry: :cry: :cry: hope you're feeling better soon and resting helps.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gigi
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! We had to take Neil in to an appointment today to get his new shoes fit. It is still in the prototype stage but at least they are working on them. They were held up waiting for the swelling to get out of Neils' foot. We took him out for breakfast and he had his favorite pancakes. He really needs some new clothes, his all look way too big with the amount of weight he has lost. I predict a lot of clothes under the Christmas tree for him. I did a really dumb thing today. Neil has been asking me to take him to see a singing group, 'Great Big Sea' so decided today to pick up the tickets for Christmas.