TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Thursday's recap:
    Thursday:
    1. recover from zumba! YES
    2. strength NO
    3. water ONLY 6 CUPS
    4 abs, maybe push ups! NO, NO
    5 don't eat after closing my food log for the day. NO, DIDN'T EVEN WRITE IN MY FOOD LOG
    So I'm 1 for 5 and the only one I accomplished was to not workout...lol. Must do better today to set the pace for the weekend.
    1. Go to the gym in the AM.
    2. Do exercisetv in the afternoon b4 my daughter gets home.
    3. Drink 10 or more cups of water.

non fitness related.
    1. clean kitchen from top to bottom.
    2. complete at least 2 loads of clothes.
    3. drop off clothes at salvation army that my daughter has outgrown.

everyone have a great day. sorry I can't comment more now, but I will try later.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    11/11 Goals:
    1) WATER -- Decent job!
    2) Watch my calorie intake -- Ate my exercise calories, but didn't go over...try harder on carb intake
    3) More exercise! (45 minutes down so far on the treadmill) -- Did half of my video...15 minutes...but at least it was something

11/12 Goals:
    1) WATER (10am just starting glass one) :drinker:
    2) Watch my carb intake
    3) Exercise (30 minutes this morning down!)
    4) Clean the house/pack in preparation for leaving next week

Kathy -- I think I should get some vitamin D too. I've been super tired lately...the sun is gone by the time I leave from work. I see it for a whole 20 mins on my way to work. How depressing is that?

Choco -- Great job on your goals! Volunteering on Thanksgiving is a great idea. I volunteer alot through work at different functions throughout the year...it's so much fun. When is your trip to Jamaica? I'm so jealous.

Namita -- I hope you were able to speak with your doctor and that you're alright

Kim -- Thanks for your support! I figured since I've never been to Vegas it would be my goal and reward at the same time.

Nicole -- YAY US! On overcoming our fear! I know of a 5K in February I might sign up for to run/walk (mostly walk) Definitely keep me posted on your progress.

Jess -- YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR! You beat the cookie dough!

Leela -- Good for you for resting! You deserve it! I on the other hand rest a little too much :laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Wed. goals (11/10)

1) Water. Done
    2) Do day 10 of my challenge. Done
    3) Work on Christmas projects! Started them.
    4) Stay away from the snacks at tonight's meeting. Ended up not going.

Yesterday was TOTALLY messed up! I got NOTHING done, I ended up depressed and ate an ENTIRE BAG OF POTATO CHIPS! Now I feel slightly ill. I wonder why?

I am back on track today and have my goals all set:

Goals for 11/12--

1) Water!
    2) STAY WITHIN MY CALORIES!!!
    3) Work on my Christmas projects.
    4) Water!
    5) do the Days 11 and 12 workouts from the Thanksgiving walking challenge.
    I sure hope it's a better day--at least I can see some sunshine!

Hi, Nelsaphine. I'm new to this thread, too.

PSUgrl921 and luvbnamom--I'm getting back on track with both of you--we CAN do this!

Well, time to get my day started. Hope to get back later to check in.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    So here's a mid-day recap
    Friday:
    1. Go to the gym in the AM. DONE!
    2. Do exercisetv in the afternoon b4 my daughter gets home. UP NEXT
    3. Drink 10 or more cups of water. MORE THAN HALF WAY THERE

non fitness related.
    1. clean kitchen from top to bottom. JUST ABOUT DONE
    2. complete at least 2 loads of clothes. 4 LOADS! WOOT!
    3. drop off clothes at salvation army that my daughter has outgrown. BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS OVER. I PUT THEM IN THE TRUNK OF MY CAR, BUT I WASN'T OUT THAT WAY TODAY.
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    well my day is half over so im going to post rest of day goals

1. eat a regular portion at dinner
    2. drink 5 glasses of water
    3. try to get to work out.....
    4. get to bed before 9...........IM SOO TIRED! lol

o btw im new to this and i just started the new years challenge. so i need this also to help me
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Tomorrow 11/12
    1.) take my leftover dinner for lunch and walk on the treadmill at work**YES
    2.) keep carbs and CALS on track. **YES SO FAR, AND i'M NOT EATING ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS NOT ON MY LOG FOR DINNER SO i SHOULD STILL BE OK.
    3.) water water water*** IVE ALREADY HAD 10 GLASSES AND IT'S 4:15PM
    4.) work out before bed. *** I DON'T THINK i'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING BUT PUSH UPS AND SIT UPS AND HAND WEIGHTS. MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!!!

Goals for Tomorrow 11/13
    1.) It's saturday, and I'm going out for a kind of "Last Horrah" with the smoking bit. I'm going to go out and I know it's sad but I plan on getting really hammered and smoke a lot. lololol. SO I need to watch everything I eat tomorrow VERY closely so that I offset the horrible effects of the alcohol.
    2.) I am going to get some crystal light, order a shot of vodka and a glass of water and do my own bartending.
    3.)Have fun. Take a walk.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Posting late because I've been one busy little bee running a lot of errands. Today I completed the Legs and Back dvd from the P90X program.

Happiness: I also volunteer a few times a year at different locations and I agree it's very fun. My friends and I are trying to hit Jamaica in April 2011. The travel agent is trying to find a nice trip w/in our budget so it's not definite but it's looking very, very promising.

11/12/10 Goals:

1. Workout in the morning..................Check
    2. Drink all my water............................Check (8 cups down perhaps I can squeeze in a few more)

11/13/10 Goals:

1. Go to kickboxing classin a.m...................................
    2. Drink extra water b/c ladies nite out will be at a winery/wine tasting

No other goals as of yet.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Goals for Thursday

1. Walk with friend
    2. finish laundry
    3. finish dishes cause i know I won't finish them tonight
    4. water
    5. enjoy the japanese curry we are going to have for dinner. One of my new fave meals:) hehe

1. Was short but we got it in:)
    2. Still not done. found more dirty clothes in both of the kids rooms
    3. got them done
    4. fail
    5. enjoyed it both last night for dinner and this morning for breakfast. :)

Goals for Friday, yeah well not gonna happen today because its already most of the way thru the day. I have gotten things done and am working on laundry right now with the help of my son:)

So goals for this weekend.
    1. Go to the outlet mall to get hubby some new jeans.
    2. water water water even though I'm going to be out and about most of the day on Sat I can still drink water. Its usually free since I'm not a fan of bottled water. I like my tap water
    3. Clean house(even though I'm already working on that right now it will probably take all weekend)
    4. Hang pictures that have been sitting around taking up space on the tables when they should be taking up wall space.
    5. Get some christmas shopping done when at the outlet mall.
    6. Shop around for some new paint for the house. I'm tired of the flat white that is everywhere but the kitchen and the kids rooms. Going to go with a grayish color for the main color and a dusky blue for accent.

That should be it for me for the weekend. I probably won't be on much this weekend except the log food and exercise.So have a good weekend everyone. I see we have newbies:) WELCOME!! Now to go read all the back posts I've missed.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Rav Japanese curry sounds amazing, what’s in it?

Kim, We use the Golden curry mix that is sold at most grocery stores(at least it is around me). We chop up some veggies mostly carrots, onions and potatoes. Sometimes we add leek, mushrooms, whatever sounds like it will taste good in it:) hehe Then we use about a pound of meat whatever kind we happen to have. Then we serve it over a really big helpping of the shortest grain rice we can find. I love it. We just started eating it last winter and its become a staple in our diets.

I'm gonna admit that my hubby and I have been slowly trying to turn towards a more asian inspired diet because they seem to be able to stay so thin and alot of it has to do with the way they eat. Even their more unhealthy foods are healthier then most modern american foods. I recently found out that I like sweet red bean paste rolls:) Satisfied my sweet tooth and was very filling. It also had less sugar in it then a donut and a lot less cals but it could easily take the place of donuts for me most of the time.

Ok I'm gonna stop rambling about this:) hehe
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    So I didn't do anything on exercisetv. I decided to do a homemade circuit. I would jump rope about 50 times and then do 20 crunches on the ball. I went back and forth with that for 10 minutes. Then I just finished doing the stairs. I would go up and down and then at the bottom I would do bicep curls, rows, shoulder presses with 5 pound weights. back up the stairs and down still holding the weights. just did a different move everytime. 10 minutes total.

The kitchen was clean until I cooked and we ate dinner.

Saturday's goal:
    1. Keep up the good eating and water.
    2. workout before my daughter's swim lessons.
    3. ??
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So on to Thurs.....
    1. Workout before work. FAIL HAD TO LEAVE EARLY TO GO TO COURT SO COULDN'T GET IT DONE IN TIME.
    2. Big fancy work dinner thing in the evening - strictly no booze. DONE! MANAGED TO COMPLETELY STAY AWAY FROM THE BOOZE AND NO PERSUATION BY OTHERS WORKED!
    3. Be confident in what I'm wearing tomorrow night. CHECK
    4. Loads of water. CHECK

Didn't get to post on here yesterday. Have been having such a busy week work wise that I just don't know where the week has gone. Another big trial starting on Monday so panic all week to get it ready. Just finished what I needed to do now.

Am in a real dilemma at the moment about my foot. I've basically been told I need to have surgery if I don't want the problem to keep recurring for the rest of my life. It means three months off which naturally I'm worried is going to undo all of my hard work so far. Need to get a decision made soon.

Weekend goals...
    1. Water water
    2. Keep to calories
    3. Go shopping to buy new clothes.
    4. Don't think about work anymore until I wake up on Monday morning.

So glad to see you're all doing well. Keep it up!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Yesterday was TOTALLY messed up! I got NOTHING done, I ended up depressed and ate an ENTIRE BAG OF POTATO CHIPS! Now I feel slightly ill. I wonder why?

I am back on track today and have my goals all set:

Goals for 11/12--

1) Water!--Could have been better.
    2) STAY WITHIN MY CALORIES!!!--Not too far off.
    3) Work on my Christmas projects.--a little, should have done more.
    4) Water!--Ah, well...
    5) do the Days 11 and 12 workouts from the Thanksgiving walking challenge.--Done
    I sure hope it's a better day--at least I can see some sunshine!--It WAS a better day!

Wasn't able to get back on yesterday but the day wasn't too bad. It was A LOT better than Thursday!!!

Goals for Nov. 13--

WATER!!! (I do so much better when I drink enough--why do I keep finding this so hard?
    Do a 2 mile walk or work out for 30 minutes. (Going out so will do Day 13 of my challenge tomorrow.)
    Make the best choices I can while out.
    Don't spend too much money at the Charity Auction!

At the auction today I will be having some wine, though not as much as my ticket allows! There will be food there but I am going to drink lots of water and be very careful in my choices!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today is another ladies day out event. My girlfriends and I are heading to a winery in order to have a tour and see how wine is produced. Once the tour is complete we're able to taste five different wines. Im unsure if we're going to dinner afterwards so I play that part of the day by ear. Anyway, I've never been to a winery so I'm really excited to take this tour. Since I knew I would be wine tasting today I hit the gym REAL HARD this morning. I completed 35 minutes on the elliptical and 47 minutes in a kickboxing class.

11/13/10 Goals:

1. Go to kickboxing class in a.m...................................Check. I went all out and gave it everything I had
    2. Drink extra water b/c ladies nite out will be at a winery/wine tasting................Check As of right now I've drank 10 cups of water
    3. If ladies go out to dinner make healthy choices...................................................
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for Nov. 13--

WATER!!! (I do so much better when I drink enough--why do I keep finding this so hard?--NOPE!
    Do a 2 mile walk or work out for 30 minutes. (Going out so will do Day 13 of my challenge tomorrow.)--Did 25 minutes. Got interrupted.
    Make the best choices I can while out.--Done
    Don't spend too much money at the Charity Auction!--Done

At the auction today I will be having some wine, though not as much as my ticket allows! There will be food there but I am going to drink lots of water and be very careful in my choices!--Didn't drink the 5 glasses but also didn't drink much water! Did well in my choices but came home and messed up a bit.

Goals for 11/14--

WATER! (Once again!)
    Stay within my calories AND make wise food choices.
    Workout for a total of 60 minutes.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    11/13/10 Goals:

1. Go to kickboxing class in a.m...................................Check. I went all out and gave it everything I had
    2. Drink extra water b/c ladies nite out will be at a winery/wine tasting................Check As of right now I've drank 10 cups of water
    3. If ladies go out to dinner make healthy choices...................................................Check....We went to the Bahama Breeze restaurant were I ordered, Grilled chicken breast, mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. I ate the entire chicken breast and all the asparagus but only had half of the mash sweet potatoes.
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Weekend goals...
    1. Water water - SO FAR SO GOOD BUT NEED TO GET A FEW MORE CUPS DOWN TODAY
    2. Keep to calories - CHECK. SUNDAY IS NOT OVER BUT I KNOW WHAT I'M HAVING FOR DINNER SO I'LL BE UNDER.
    3. Go shopping to buy new clothes. WENT SHOPPING BUT DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING SPECIAL THAT I WANTED TO BUY.
    4. Don't think about work anymore until I wake up on Monday morning. CHECK UNTIL NOW. JUST HAD A CALL AND NEED TO BIT OF WORK.

I made it to the gym today even though it wasn't a specific weekend goal. I wasn't up to doing the intensive classes this morning so I did my own thing instead. Tried to keep my foot protected as much as possible by doing non-impact stuff. Have to say it felt great to get back in the gym training. Never thought I would say it but not training for just under a week is something I've really missed. I was on a real downer the last couple of days but burning off some calories has really got the endorphins going!

So on to Monday's goals...
    1. Take my lunch from home. Did a big food shop so no need to buy lunch tomorrow when I have plenty here.
    2. 10 cups of water at least.
    3. Try and leave work at a decent time to make it to a class after work. If I'm too late go to the gym anyway.

Hope you've all had a great weekend!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    3. If ladies go out to dinner make healthy choices...................................................Check....We went to the Bahama Breeze restaurant were I ordered, Grilled chicken breast, mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. I ate the entire chicken breast and all the asparagus but only had half of the mash sweet potatoes.

Choc that dinner sounds delicious! Sounds like you had fun! Sweet potatoes are my favourite so I may have caved on the willpower of leaving some on the plate!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Saturday's goal:
    1. Keep up the good eating and water.
    2. workout before my daughter's swim lessons.
    3. ??

1. I didn't do horrible. I did have popcorn at the movies, but I split it with hub and we didn't go back for a refill. Had pop while we were there too, but I tried to drink more water to balance it.
    2. didn't get to workout, we were running late.

Sunday:
    1. go to the gym in the afternoon.
    2. do the stairs and home and my new jump rope circuit.
    3. set myself up for success for next week by preparing the meals and portioning out my meals for Monday and Tuesday.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Sunday recap:
    Sunday:
    1. go to the gym in the afternoon.
    2. do the stairs and home and my new jump rope circuit.
    3. set myself up for success for next week by preparing the meals and portioning out my meals for Monday and Tuesday.

It's horrible that its so late in the evening and I still haven't made all my goals. I did go to the gym for 30 minutes, but didn't burn as many calories as I'd like. I didn't do my at home workouts yet, waiting until my daughter goes to bed. I set up the menu for next week, but I have to cook it and store it. The brown rice is the only thing I made. Still need to bake and portion the chicken. I usually make the veggie at the time of the meal. I have cut up the lettuce and tomato and everything for the salad. Its just in one big salad bowl. I will had chicken, tuna or turkey for the next 3 days. Oscar Mayer has this turkey called carving board turkey. its really good. instead of the thin deli slices, its more like chunks and it makes for a great salad!

I'll set up Monday's goals while I'm here.
    1. drink less caffeinine, drink 8 or more cups of water.
    2. eat at least 3 servings of fruits AND 3 servings of vegetables.
    3. try a new class (well new for me) at the gym, it starts at 9am

1 and 2 will be my goals for all week!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Give it up for Chocolickkyss, who hasn't missed a day of working out all month! WOOT!