P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Decided to post my measurements etc. I know I am down 2lbs so I am going to put my weigh in weight for tomorrow morning today (confusing?).

11/3/10 Measurements/Stats

Weight: 160

Waist at belly button: 34.5
    Hips: 39
    Chest (below bustline): 32
    Right arm: 11.5
    Left arm: 11.5
    Right thigh (at mid point): 23.5
    Left thigh: 23.5
    Body fat 25% (using a caliper)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Please hold on body fat. I am going to do it again. According to the other site I may be less body fat when measuring the folds.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I must say, I don't think I'd have stood a chance with this workout if I hadn't been doing all of Jillian's DVD's for so long.

I TOTALLY agree. I did 30 Day Shred before starting, and I feel way more equipped to handle this stuff!

Just finished Plyo, day 2. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. I feel like a million bucks! I'm on the sore side from chest/back/abs yesterday, but the blood flow during plyometrics is definitely helping that.

Have fun everyone!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Please hold on body fat. I am going to do it again. According to the other site I may be less body fat when measuring the folds.

Its amazing the variations one gets regarding the different formulas. I think I may take the three different numbers and average them out.
  • supersarah79
    Options
    okay im doing insanity just started today also got my *kitten* kicked im in for a treat muhahah :) feel great now :) does anyone else cough up tons of mucus?

Did my second morning of Insanity. It is tough. I don't feel sore like I did with p90X but man I sweat so much. I am already sweating by the second round of warm ups. So how are you logging exercise calories? I don't have a HRM that monitors calories?
    Is any one else in the thread doing Insanity?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    okay im doing insanity just started today also got my *kitten* kicked im in for a treat muhahah :) feel great now :) does anyone else cough up tons of mucus?

Did my second morning of Insanity. It is tough. I don't feel sore like I did with p90X but man I sweat so much. I am already sweating by the second round of warm ups. So how are you logging exercise calories? I don't have a HRM that monitors calories?
    Is any one else in the thread doing Insanity?

I didn't have a hrm my first month doing Insanity. I highly recommend it. Wal-mart has the Sportline for $30. Keeping track of the different workouts and the different calorie burns will help you customize your daily diet needs.
  • KarenBorter
    Options

Its amazing the variations one gets regarding the different formulas. I think I may take the three different numbers and average them out.

that's a good idea ... I am going to make the stuffed bell peppers tonight for my dinner tomorrow but I am doing a slight variation and using turkey.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Plyo is no joke!!! I am dripping sweat. Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hated Plyo? lol

I was in a bad mood to begin with, so I think that gave me some bad "vibes".

My daughter kept moving my chair, trying to take out my legs and getting into things. I did all but the last 20 minutes... but I had to go into work 2 hours early and I did a 10 minute KettleWorx workout when I got home.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I wish I had more time in my day.. I bought this at the end of the summer, and with full-time work, full-time school, clinical rotations, projects, and papers, I barely have time to sleep!

I may try to squeeze a workout in here and there.. Couldn't hurt, right? As long as I eat well, it may benefit me.. Even if it's sporadic. Which workout would I benefit from the most, in your opinion? Or should I try to rotate them out as I find the time to fit them in?

[I live in an apartment with really creaky floors.. My downstairs neighbor would not like me anymore. Haha.]

I have a measuring tape coming in the mail soon.. I will take measurements sometime in the next week and add my stats.

Good luck, everyone!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options

How was the knee impact?
  • missmaya24
    Options
    There's one exercise where you hop on one leg, 30 seconds each. I think that one is hardest on the knees. There are various jumping exercises but the goal is to minimize the impact and land softly. There's a girl that does modified versions of alot of the exercises.
  • missmaya24
    Options
    Good, just make sure it has the all important 4 to 1 ratio of Carbs to Protein. Most people don't realize how important a recovery drink is. Speaking of drinks, I tried the new Gatorade pre-work out drink. Didn't really notice much of a difference. Was expecting some huge energy burst, but nada.
    [/quote]

I drink Accelerade after workouts. I'm probably going to start drinking it during workouts, especially plyo.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    P90x Lean Day 3: Arms & Shoulders, Ab Ripper X

Glutes and hamstrings very sore when getting up this morning, but OK once I got warmed up.

Arms & Shoulders: I guess I have more strength there than I thought. I started low on the bands and upped them half way through...but next time I need to start with a higher resistance and go for it even more. Don't feel like I got the workout I should have out of it.

Ab Ripper X: This one I went for as hard as I could...and I have a long way to go before I can even get close to keeping up with those guys! Very tough.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    P90x Lean Day 3: Arms & Shoulders, Ab Ripper X

Glutes and hamstrings very sore when getting up this morning, but OK once I got warmed up.

Arms & Shoulders: I guess I have more strength there than I thought. I started low on the bands and upped them half way through...but next time I need to start with a higher resistance and go for it even more. Don't feel like I got the workout I should have out of it.

Ab Ripper X: This one I went for as hard as I could...and I have a long way to go before I can even get close to keeping up with those guys! Very tough.

Chris, my thoughts exactly. I didn't feel like the arms and shoulders were that big of a deal. I only have 5# and 10# weights and I don't really like the bands but maybe I will use them next time anyway. Ab ripper killed me! I could only do about 1/3 of them!

A possible tip that might work for some of you...for me this works really well. I simply cannot eat a bigger meal before exercising but I find that nibbling on an apple during these workouts gives me just the right amount of carbs and sugars to keep going strong.
    Hope this helps someone.

D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options

I am using the least effective method and going by what is on my scales. :embarassed: What I am really looking for is a decrease. I know the number isn't accurate but at least it should show if my body fat is decreasing, right?

D
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I did the cardio workout last night. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I was still panting pretty good.
  • missmaya24
    Options
    It's the day after Plyo and I have that special feeling in my legs. You know the one where they could give out at any minute? I'm wearing heels right now but I think I'll be in flip flops by the end of the day!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did the lean program for a month once before but quit. and im back again to do the classic version this time around. today is day 1. everyone else is posting their measurements.. i dont overly want to but i think it would be a good motivator lol so here i go..

height: 5' 6"
    weight: 161.8
    chest: 41
    natural waist: 32
    waist at belly button: 38
    hips: 41
    thighs: 23.5
    arms: 12
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options

How was the knee impact?

I don't haave knee issues but it didn't seem bad at all. I think the real trick is landing softly. Even though they are football and soccer type moves if you think grace and dance you will be fine. Probably why football players take ballet.