P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Edorice ... SERIOUSLY hear you on that. I have to stop this and the push up bars were my last "exercise" expenses for a long time.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Okay decided to REPOST my initial stats because I did the waist measurement:

11/3/10 Measurements/Stats

Weight: 160.6
    Waist at smallest point: 32
    Waist at belly button: 34.5
    Hips: 39
    Chest (below bustline): 32
    Right arm: 11.5
    Left arm: 11.5
    Right thigh (at mid point): 23.5
    Left thigh: 23.5
    Body fat 23.4% (using a caliper note that the caliper chart and team beachbody tool match up 100%)
    BMI: 24.4 (24.3 per the beachbody website tool)

NOTE: EDITED BODY FAT PERCENTAGE AND ADDED WAIST AS SMALLEST POINT MEASUREMENT (WHICH IS WHAT IS RECORDED ON TEAM BEACHBODY).
  • Kay2Phat
    Kay2Phat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay my friend stood me up with the dvd for today! But I will do the workout from my laptop. there is not stopping us!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Okay my friend stood me up with the dvd for today! But I will do the workout from my laptop. there is not stopping us!

Great attitude! BRING IT!!!!!
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    Great job to everyone who has made it this far!!! Yoga X is certainly one of the hardest work-outs on the p90x scale for many of us.

Day 4: P90x - Yoga X, Preparing for Karate belt testing this weekend, more Wing Chun and Shaolin training, and that'll be my work out. for the day =)

Good luck on your belt testing. What belt are your working towards. I achieved a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do back in highshool and more recently an Orange in Kenpo (but then my school closed).

Hello there sir, I'm going to be testing for my Yellow belt (Karate- Okinawan Shonen Ryu), but I have a Orange belt (equivalent to Brown belt) in Tang Soo Do (for my school), a 2nd Degree Black in Hapkido, and over 15 years of experience in Snake/Crane style Shaolin Kung Fu, I'm also training in Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Jujutsu, Aikido, and JKD.
  • see_ruff_loose
    Options
    Listen to Tony...Do your best and forget the rest. If you do your best every day, PROGRESS!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    ohhai soreness in my arms from yesterdays chest and back workout! I had a feeling you would show up sooner or later ;)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    ohhai soreness in my arms from yesterdays chest and back workout! I had a feeling you would show up sooner or later ;)

Yeah today is the day that I seem to be "feeling" everything... especially after the AM Yoga without the cardio blood flow -- never again! I keep reminding myself it is all for a worthy cause. I see a date with my tub and some epsom salt tonight!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yoga complete and I forgot how crane can make me feel like a failure...will I ever be able to complete that 60 seconds...I'm not sure...I will keep trying...I also did a 5k on the elliptical for some extra calorie burn.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My legs are killing me! That was some yoga!
    Wow, I am not really looking forward to legs tomorrow. Well, I guess I'm nervous.

I hope everybody is having a good week so far!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    All I can say is Thank You DH for talking me into the hot tub!!! I spent 20 min tonight stretching and soaking and all my muscle pains have disappeared!!! YEAH!!! Our tub is outside and we had a high of 40 the last week or so... I haven't been going out. I was sooooo sore today that I said F-it and decided to soak. WOW my muscles needed it. I will be keeping the tub on standby for the rest of the workouts...
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 2 DONE ... the plyometrics nearly killed me. No really ... I wish I had listened to Tony and brought a bucket cuz I felt like I was going to puke at least once ... and pass out a couple of times. I love how he says during the LAST water break that this is the exercise to have a little recovery mix in your water ... NOW HE TELLS ME!

All in all not too bad on the knees. WATCH PAM PEOPLE most of the time (like 85%) she is doing modified moves. I was following her a lot but found myself not modifying too too much. I think once I get into the swing of things I won't feel like puking (too much) LOL.

I am looking forward to shoulders and arms although my arms are KILLING ME from yesterdays Chest and Back LOL. I was going to make one of the shakes but have to FREEZE all the bananas LOL so guess I am going to be cutting and bagging banana pieces tonight! The Vanilla Isopure is great in plain almond milk with a little ice to make it cold. My friend gave me a shaker and everything LOL.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Karen: Next week you may want to try Plyo first thing in the morning. I drink two glasses of water when I wake up then putz around for about 30 minutes then pop in the DVD. It really helps to NOT have anything in the digestive track. Another thought is a pre-workout drink - I use Nitro NCG about 20 minutes before long runs or strenuous exercise. It gives me nice smooth energy and that extra kick. Another popular one is Jac3d (which I also like and I think it tastes better).
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Ok, you all might think I am totally crazy, but I loved the yoga! I guess I am still fairly flexible from my days as a gymnist when I was younger, but it was great. I was certainly shaking along with them when I was holding the pose to the very last seconds, but I could do just about everything. Crane is difficult for me. I have seen it done many times before, but never knew it by this name. I couldn't do it when I was younger, and right now, I can't do it now either. But soon! Soon, I will do it!

I took the advice of a few who went before me, and I warmed up doing 1 mile on the elliptical trainer. I wore my heart rate monitor from then until the end of yoga, and do you know what it told me I burned doing all of that? 1,708 calories! I didn't even eat that many calories today.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Crane is difficult for me. I have seen it done many times before, but never knew it by this name. I couldn't do it when I was younger, and right now, I can't do it now either. But soon! Soon, I will do it!

I can do crane for a good 2 seconds still.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Karen: Next week you may want to try Plyo first thing in the morning. I drink two glasses of water when I wake up then putz around for about 30 minutes then pop in the DVD. It really helps to NOT have anything in the digestive track. Another thought is a pre-workout drink - I use Nitro NCG about 20 minutes before long runs or strenuous exercise. It gives me nice smooth energy and that extra kick. Another popular one is Jac3d (which I also like and I think it tastes better).

I couldn't do this before work ... I have to be at work at 7:30 and I am not a morning person LOL ... I will just rethink my strat before I do it next week thursday. I ate a fiber bar right before starting.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My legs are so sore from plyo. Yoga X is long! I knew my balance was bad but I didn't realize it was that bad. Hot mess!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    hahaha ... I get to do Yoga on Saturday which is nice because I don't have to work. I bought yoga blocks too ;)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    P90X Lean Day 5: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X

Wow, that was a great workout! I was soaked with sweat, still am actually, lol. During the Legs & Back DVD, my BPM were often in Zone 5 and if not 5 then Zone 4. 145 AVG BPM over the 87 minute period it took me to do the DVD. Had to pause fairly often after each exercise to let my BPM go down when it got too close to my MAX BPM of 180.

Not able to do unassisted pullups yet, but I did as many as I could with the chair assist. Halfway through the DVD I paused and made myself a protein drink cause I didn't know if I would make it if I didn't. Sipped on it between exercises.

Did better on the Ab Ripper X this time. More reps per exercise. Getting there :)
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Ouch! 7:30am? I forgot that when I lived out west I usually had to be at work that early too -- we worked on East Coast time for the most part. It was "nice" to be out so early but I am not much of a morning person either!

Those blocks will come in handy. I didn't have any but am going to go purchase one this weekend for sure!