P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Legs and back done.This may well be my favorite. I do use a band instead of a pull up bar. We have one but I like the control of the band better for myself. Besides, I want tone and some definition but I am not looking to build a ton of muscle on top. To be honest, I don't want to look like Dreya Weber. :blushing: She is amazing but not for me. Abripper done but still really hard for me! That is a work out I would love to master over time.

Loving my protein drink this morning.

Planning a nice long swim today, not fast but long!

D
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall but want to ask here too:

Here's the deal; I am going to do elliptical after work on the days that I have weights with the P90X. I just feel "naked" without at least 40 minutes on the elliptical and tomorrow is Yoga so I am going to take my "stroll" in the hills early in the morning before Yoga to help clear my mind. The more "cardio" days (like with grrrr Plyometrics) I will just come home and work out. What do my P90Xers have to say about Kenpo. Do I need to supplement with cardio on Monday?
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    Day 5 Work out plan: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X, Wing Chun/Shaolin training, and some nunchaku/sword practice. Preparing for an upcoming martial-arts tournament too, 20th of this month. Oooh yeah!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Legs/back/ab ripper and a 10 minute warm up on elliptical...my calves were screaming today!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Legs and Back done. I was a little hesitant this morning becuse yesterday my left quad was killing me and I felt so stiff and sore (note to self that is what life will be like in 20 years IF I don't stick with this lifestyle) -- but I got up and pushed play and it was not bad at all. I kept up on most of it (used light or no weights). I did assisted pull-ups/chin-ups but guess what.. it wasn't so bad!! I may not dread Monday as much as I thought I would.

I got a little bit of a late start becuase I forgot that I had a 10 am appointment so I have to do ARX at lunch after my cardio OR tonight when I get home (just depends on if I feel like doing it with or without the DVD). I am optimistic that I will see an improvement here too. The first couple of times I did it with shoes... this time I will try it without.

Weight loss wise I seem to have hit a plateau but I am not going to stress about it because I have heard countless times that the scale is not your friend for the initial stage of this program. On the bright side, I tried on a pair of pants that were waaaay too tight 10 days ago (Could barely button them which left me with a muffin top and a toe :grumble: :noway: ) and I thought.. well, let me just see how much further I have to go before I can wear these.. .. Guess what? THEY FIT... PERFECTLY!! I am sporting them with pride today!!

Have a good workout today--
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Soooooo excited... I'm getting my P90X tonight!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    :drinker: Soooooo excited... I'm getting my P90X tonight!!!

YAY! You are going to have a love/hate relationship with it ... I have only completed 2 days but man I really can't wait to get home tonight to do Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper X ...

Can't wait for you to start posting!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Grats Sara!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just ordered P90X from my library and got it 2 days ago. The first day i got it, i made a copy of all the dvds and read the books that came with it. The day after that i started it.

Today i am on day 2 of the Lean program which was the cardio x dvd. I am doing pretty well with it i think but i am having a hell of a time on those dreya rolls i think there called. I am 5'4 and 185 pound but i cannot seem to get back up on these things once you get down even though i have pushed really hard with my arms. I hope in time it will get better, if anyone has got any advice on dreya rolls, plz let me know. I know they are in the cardio x and core synegistics dvds. Good luck everyone in your journeys
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Had to change next weeks workouts to take Thursday off instead of Tuesday which means my first break from P90X isn't going to be until THURSDAY yikes! I have a birthday party thing to go to that night and its at a swanky place so I have to get dressed up. The following week is back to normal.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    I just ordered P90X from my library and got it 2 days ago. The first day i got it, i made a copy of all the dvds and read the books that came with it. The day after that i started it.

Today i am on day 2 of the Lean program which was the cardio x dvd. I am doing pretty well with it i think but i am having a hell of a time on those dreya rolls i think there called. I am 5'4 and 185 pound but i cannot seem to get back up on these things once you get down even though i have pushed really hard with my arms. I hope in time it will get better, if anyone has got any advice on dreya rolls, plz let me know. I know they are in the cardio x and core synegistics dvds. Good luck everyone in your journeys

What a brilliant idea... I wonder if my library has them...

Drat... they don't...
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    WRT Dreya Rolls. Momentum helps me. I try not to pause or stop between the two positions.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play over the weekend. Hope you get a chance to check out X Stretch as well.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Legs totally worked me to the point I was sighing in relief when I was about to change positions. Ab Ripper X is getting easier! I'm excited to be able to say that.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 3 In the Bag ... Shoulders and Arms ... I LOVE IT !!!!! It seemed to go too fast! ARX I got a little better this time. The bicycles are KILLER. I hadn't realized that they tack on the ARX on the end of the disc so day 1 I switched out and tonight I found out totally by accident. I made the banana cream drink for my recovery and MAN IS IT GOOD! I am going to make that again for sure! I have to enter the rest of the recipes into the data base so I can switch them out. I am psyched for Yoga X tomorrow for sure. I am going to take a hike before coming home to do it though but I won't do my double back routine, just a straight shot.

Now what to eat for dinner to use up the over 700 calories LOL
  • Aschmitz
    Options
    I absolutely love bodyrock.tv!!! Do you have a specific routine of rotation? You look great!
  • Aschmitz
    Options
    I love Tony, he is a big reason i keep pushing play (he cracks me up)!!! Im on round 2 now in week 3 (did chest and back today) but im doing a hybrid so i only do p90x every other day (takes me 2 weeks to finish 1 week) i rotate it out with bodyrock.tv and it is working out GREAT!!!

I absolutely love bodyrock.tv!!! Do you have a specific routine of rotation? You look great!
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to be done with legs & back till I remembered ab ripper x still needed to be done. Ain't that a b!t*h. Made it through both. Kenpo tomorrow!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I need advice. I am here in a hotel room and have managed ok for the past two days doing the DVD's in a smaller space but I can't do the Kenpo here and give it justice. I am headed down to the exercise room and plan to swim after that. So...I will get exercise in today but not specifically Kenpo...should I ...

A. skip it and pick up tomorrow with 'Saturday's work out?
    B. Do Friday and Saturday tomorrow?
    C Do Friday on Saturday and then Saturday on Sunday which is supposed to be the "rest" day?

Thanks! If I do option C,I will still do the C stretch.

YOu guys are rockin!

D
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I need advice. I am here in a hotel room and have managed ok for the past two days doing the DVD's in a smaller space but I can't do the Kenpo here and give it justice. I am headed down to the exercise room and plan to swim after that. So...I will get exercise in today but not specifically Kenpo...should I ...

A. skip it and pick up tomorrow with 'Saturday's work out?
    B. Do Friday and Saturday tomorrow?
    C Do Friday on Saturday and then Saturday on Sunday which is supposed to be the "rest" day?

Thanks! If I do option C,I will still do the C stretch.

YOu guys are rockin!

D

I am not sure what day you started and what program you are doing but Kenpo is day 6 (classic) and day 7 is rest or Stretch X. I would say exercise today or use it as a rest day then do Kenpo tomorrow and the Stretch (I LOVE the stretch it feels good and isnt really a work-out to me but a reward).

I may have to do the same every Saturday because I work at my gym on Saturdays for a full day that starts in the early morning and I have a hard time getting my butt in gear on Saturday mornings and I don't like to exercise after 6pm because I can't go to sleep until 3am if I do... which throws off my whole schedule. So I think I will do the Kenpo tomorrow morning then stretch afterwards.