P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Make sure to STICK TO THE DIET. You can "bring it" all you want but the reason a lot of people won't get the results they want is because of the diet. I would say 80% of any program is how you eat. And don't look to get through these next 4 months dreading not being able to eat your favorite foods, because if you want to get ripped and stay ripped, you have to adjust for the rest of your life.

Yep, it's 80% diet. DIET DIET DIET.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just finished chest/back and ARX and GUESS WHAT!!! I did ALL of ARX! 100%!!! I'm SOOOOO proud of myself! This is a first, if that wasn't obvious. It makes up for the fact that chest/back was a little less than stellar... I think it's because I did legs/back on Saturday instead of Friday, so my pull up muscles only had a 2 day break instead of 3. And by less than stellar I just mean that I did the same as last week, no improvement. But that's ok. Because I did ALL OF ARX!!! WAHOO!! :bigsmile:

I also did legs/back on Saturday and chest/back today kicked my butt! Added cardio and it felt good. Time for a hot bath then bed. Nite nite!
  • fatnessman
    Options
    I just finished Insanity a couple of days ago. I could see coughing in the beginning trying to keep up, but coughing something up would either indicate you're sick, or a smoker.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    decided to add X Stretch tomorrow night :) I can't wait.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    P90X Lean Day 16: Cardio X

Whew...my shirt is soaked! Good workout this morning, felt like I brought it as hard as I could. Every time I do the same DVD again, I do better, which is very encouraging. Looooong way to go yet before I can keep up with Tony, lol.

Burned ~600 cals over 50 minutes

188 BPM MAX

45% of the time spent between 162-180 BPM
    32% between 144-161 BPM
    14% between 126-143 BPM
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Cardio X and 2 miles on the elliptical.
  • Saritabella
    Options
    I'm ready to lose the baby weight and then lose an additional 33 pounds to get down to my ideal weight. I want to be in the best shape of my life so I can be a good example for our son! To reach my goal, I will be use the P90x program, running (training for a 5K), and basic cardio such as walking with the baby in the mornings! I will also cut out processed foods, refined sugar, and eat lots of lean protein, whole grains, veggies, and fruits!

I love P90X! It's great! A friend of mine has achieved really great results with P90X! I hope that I do too! :-)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Day 16 Lean program - Cardio X done!!! 74 days to go. Time seems to be flying. I can't wait for the first 30 days to end so I can compare measurements and pictures...
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Has anyone added cardio to their P90X routine? I feel like I'm craving cardio at this point.

I am doing cardio on every day except Plyometrics only about 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was sweating like hell doing Core Synergistics, and today I am a little sore, but nothing like week #1. I kept up with the people in the video, and I think I finally figured out a couple of minor things I was doing wrong.

Is that a little hint of muscle defintion I am seeing in my tummy....? :wink:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Plyometrics, done! Damn, was I a hot sweaty mess!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I'm so glad I found this group...thanks to Kaffro!!! Unfortunately I had planned on starting P90x yesterday but had a SUPER exhausting weekend with my brother's wedding which included festivities beginning on Thursday so...I took yesterday off. I'm starting the P90x lean program tonight! I'm SUPER excited! I've done the classic P90x before but gained a little weight...yes I know it was muscle weight but it bothered me to see the scale go up...so I'm going the lean route this time!

So anyway...I'm beginning tonight and I'm SUPER excited to be joining all of you!!!

BRING IT!!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    Hello everybody! I'm so glad I found this group...thanks to Kaffro!!! Unfortunately I had planned on starting P90x yesterday but had a SUPER exhausting weekend with my brother's wedding which included festivities beginning on Thursday so...I took yesterday off. I'm starting the P90x lean program tonight! I'm SUPER excited! I've done the classic P90x before but gained a little weight...yes I know it was muscle weight but it bothered me to see the scale go up...so I'm going the lean route this time!

So anyway...I'm beginning tonight and I'm SUPER excited to be joining all of you!!!

BRING IT!!!

Yay! I am glad you're here!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyo. Felt pretty good! Feels even better now that it's done, lol.

Funny story--my calves have been SO tight the past few days due to legs/back and a big run on the same day, and was even a little hard to walk without hobbling (especially after sitting with bent legs for awhile, like after the movie I saw on Sunday--yikes). I rarely wear heels anymore because my boyfriend is the same height as me and it makes him feel short, even though I probably have over a hundred pair (my little substance abuse problem--shoes). Last night I went out without him and found that wearing heels actually made it EASIER to walk because I never had to flex my feet! HA!

But don't worry, my calves are pretty much back to normal today. :laugh:

Happy day 16!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Just finished C25K Day #4 5 min walk, 3 min jog, 5 min walk and 1 set of P90X Chest and Back.... Holy Cow I'm spent!
  • bmhatcher
    Options
    PLYO X !!!!!!!!!!!! Such an intense workout!!! I love how much I sweat from this!!!!

Welcome DreeDub!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    PLYO X !!!!!!!!!!!! Such an intense workout!!! I love how much I sweat from this!!!!

I had a blast doing it!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone... I am doing PLYO when I get home (at 8pm) and am sooo looking forward to it -- as I have noted before, I love it... its my favorite!

@missmaya: I do cardio 5 or 6 days a week in addition to the P90X. The first couple of days I didn't and I really missed it so I do an hour on the Cybex Arc, treadmill or combination of the two or other days I go for a run or walk. I always do P90X first -- it takes priority so if I am just too tired, I skip the extra cardio.

@Kaffro, Welcome. I did 30DS first too and I think it really helped me get prepared for this program. I like the intensity and variety that P90X offers. THe 30DS got a little boring for me toward the end.

@BMHatcher- congrats on being a grad... and it says alot about the program that so many do 2nd and 3rd rounds.

@mc- CONGRATS on the ARX accomplishment. Amazing. THe V sit ups get me everytime... but each week it does get better and my numbers go up...

@saritabella - Welcome.
  • kaffro
    Options

@Kaffro, Welcome. I did 30DS first too and I think it really helped me get prepared for this program. I like the intensity and variety that P90X offers. THe 30DS got a little boring for me toward the end.

I liked the shred, but I needed more variety. After I completed it, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I thought I would do the shred again but mix it up. Then I was reading around here on the board and decided I wanted to P90X. So, here I am :)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    man that X Stretch is GOOOOOOOD!