P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• sassy_2280
    Options
    Yay! I received my P90X package today! I'm currently reading over the fitness & nutrition guides and I can't wait to BRING IT! Looks like I will be taking measurements so I'll post those later! :happy:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Not as sore this morning when I woke up, but was still feeling it some in my arms.

P90X Lean Day 10: Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X

Great work out this morning, did better than last time in both the Shoulders/Arms and the Ab Ripper X. Running late this morning, will post more later.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Did some measurements since the 3rd and there is some loss!

Also tonight is Day 1 Week 2 Classic I can't wait! I don't mind any of these programs and honestly Plyo is the one that kills only due to my knees otherwise it's a great workout. I can't wait to double that with yoga on Saturday. Should be interesting (not back to back).
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Emmy--I think you have to go to the exercise ticker site and log each day, which is sort of annoying. That's what I did. It makes sense for people who have tickers for how many miles in a month or something, that they'd have to manually log it each time they make progress. Hope that helps!

Thanks Courtney!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms complete with an improvement in weights and reps from last week. ARX completed as well.... ouch. Still have an hour of cardio to do on my lunch break... the usual Arc Trainer and Treadmill/incline. I feel GREAT!
  • SaraTN
    Options

COOL!!!
  • ecp2698
    Options

Nice! Where did you see some loss?
  • KarenBorter
    Options

Nice! Where did you see some loss?

A little weight (but not counting that) at the waist at smallest point, A little at the hips and chest, a little on the thighs. Not much mind you but a little :)
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I started, I upped my daily calories to 1500. Week 1 I was struggling to eat enough calories. Now it's week 2 and I find myself hungry around 10 pm. Should I up my calories? P90X said I should intake around 2200 calories! I have no idea how anyone can do that. Help!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    When I started, I upped my daily calories to 1500. Week 1 I was struggling to eat enough calories. Now it's week 2 and I find myself hungry around 10 pm. Should I up my calories? P90X said I should intake around 2200 calories! I have no idea how anyone can do that. Help!

That site doesn't work in a calorie deficit like MFP does. I am sticking with my caloric goal here but eating almost 75% of my exercise calories (it kinda works out). I have a 1200 calorie base and go from there.

In regard to increasing your calories, you can eat high calorie healthy items like almonds, almond butter, peanut butter (if you are good on sodium), avocado etc. It's easy to up your calories. And I know you are doing a protein/ recovery drink so that help as well.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Burned a total of 600 calories today between the Shoulders & Arm and Ab Ripper X workout.

Both my reps and resistance were up this week compared to last week. Next week should be even better. One of these days I will be able to do every single rep with no rests on the Ab Rip X DVD...

I'm just glad that Ab Rip X has no Superman Bananas, lol.
  • veganempress
    Options
    Hi -
    I started P90X Monday.. I am going the Lean program.. So far I feel great. I am a little sore in places where I didnt know I could be sore..lol.. Overall I love the program so far.. Im ready to BRING IT!
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Hi -
    I started P90X Monday.. I am going the Lean program.. So far I feel great. I am a little sore in places where I didnt know I could be sore..lol.. Overall I love the program so far.. Im ready to BRING IT!

Welcome! To the best of my knowledge everyone here loves the program too :love: Feel free to post and stay accountable here.
  • ecp2698
    Options

If you are looking to lose weight, I would stay at those calories and eat all the calories you burn from doing p90x.

I usually don't eat all my exercise calories, but I am breastfeeding so I already get an additional 500 calories, so some days, it is hard to eat that on top of exercise calories.. when I stop, though, I will probably eat every single calorie from exercising, and hopefully still lose!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Hi -

Welcome! I hear ya, I am sore in bizarre places, too! It's a good feeling though! :)
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Shoulders/Arms and ARX done. I like ARX more every time I do it. Well, lies, I love it AND hate it more :laugh:

One of these days I'll pony up for a HRM, I REALLY want to see how many calories I'm actually burning. I don't sweat that much during shoulders and arms, but I certainly do during ARX.

Karen, you inspired me to redo my measurements (every ten days doesn't seem obsessive, right?), and weirdly, I was mostly the same but seem to have lost some body fat percentage? Lol, the only measurement that was lower was bust! :sad: But... onward and upward! Or downward, I guess!

Happy day 10!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I am only going to do my measurements again on the 30 day mark, then 60 then 90. I think I just wanted to see some green on the goal tracker on the other site LOL. I am also going to take pics at the 30, 60, 90 day mark.

Man ... I can't WAIT to get home! My boss was asking if I would drop something at his mother in laws house on the way home and I agreed which means I have to wait LONGER before working out tonight ... never thought I would complain about THAT
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    shoulders and arms, ab ripper x and a 30 minute run. Day 10 behind me!! I love the program...but I can't eat all those calories...I sure hope I'm not hurting myself in the long run.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    It may have been 8:30 pm but day 10 lean program sh/arms and ARX done!!! I did less reps with more weight and better form this week.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Week 2, Day 8 DONE ... Chest and Back ARX ... I rocked ARX ... I did it first and did it without shoes. This seems to be working for me as I do it right after I get home from the gym and doing cardio so I am already warmed up. The V I am still doing plank raises on my sides I am going to try the real move next week and see if I can kick out a few and do it in proper form. I upped my weights on some of the exercises and I was able to do a few more of the pushups off my knees this week. The dive bombers I am still only doing 1 way but hey, it's only week 2 LOL. I will get there. Tonight during rest breaks I was sipping on my recovery drink and water so that helped throughout the workout but I gotta say when Tony said "no more pull ups" I audibly sighed relief. I am still doing assisted and haven't done 1 yet unassisted, but I will get there.

Tomorrow night I am going to do X Stretch when I get home from the birthday celebration and do Plyo on Saturday as I have said and pair that with Yoga. I won't be hiking on Saturday LOL.

LOVE THIS PROGRAM!