P90X (NOVEMBER 1) - BRING IT

Options

Replies

• SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Karen: I found mine at Marshall's or TJ Maxx I can't remember which.

Chris good job on finishing it. I am going to start it in about 15 minutes...
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I think my body will be in pain tomorrow. I'm smiling now that the Yoga workout is done. This was the toughest workout yet - for me. Modification is the key. Day 4 - DONE!!! I now see that I need to buy Yoga blocks.

Great job everyone.
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    Great job to everyone who has made it this far!!! Yoga X is certainly one of the hardest work-outs on the p90x scale for many of us.

Day 4: P90x - Yoga X, Preparing for Karate belt testing this weekend, more Wing Chun and Shaolin training, and that'll be my work out. for the day =)
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are all doing great!!! keep it up!! I just finished day 45.... halfway there!!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    BTW - The first week is the hardest... if you can make it through week 1, you can make it through the whole program!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone who has made it this far!!! Yoga X is certainly one of the hardest work-outs on the p90x scale for many of us.

Day 4: P90x - Yoga X, Preparing for Karate belt testing this weekend, more Wing Chun and Shaolin training, and that'll be my work out. for the day =)

Good luck on your belt testing. What belt are your working towards. I achieved a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do back in highshool and more recently an Orange in Kenpo (but then my school closed).
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Mental note to self (or anyone else): Before doing Yoga X next time either go for a quick 20 minute run to limber and loosen up and get the heart rate going (especially when doing it first thing in the morning with sore/stiff muscles) or wait until the end of the day and do it an hour or so before going to bed.

I prefer to work out in the morning but I like to get my heart rate up and going for the day. The music on this relaxes me too much!! I do feel good and loose. I think I am going to do this again on Sunday (my rest day) because I really enjoyed it but I just don't think I got as much out of it as I could have.
  • Incisive
    Incisive Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh, another question; are you guys using a thick yoga mat or a thin one?

The one from the complete kit off of beachbody. This puppy is about 3/8 inch thick and can handle full jumps.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am finding the need to "ditto" Chris again. All the way through the yoga tape I kept wondering if I would make it! I did finish and did almost all of them! Victoria...I think it is the yoga that is straining my knee! It is the tendon (for lack of the proper name) that runs along the inside of my knee...kind of going from my thigh and attaching the the inside knee...any suggestions? It seems like my hamstrings are also unusually tight so that when I need to lock my knee it pulls on my knee. Any thoughts?

thanks!

D

BTW: I use my dumbbell type weight in place of a yoga block.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    shoulders and arms went pretty well, I probably should've used heavier weights. But ab ripper did me DIRTY today! It felt about 100x harder than Monday! Yeesh. Ah well, no pain, no gain.

I feel you! I did pretty darn good with the shoulders and arms, and I certainly need to get some heavier weights with some of those moves. I have the bands and a couple of light (cough3poundcough) free weights, but I felt like I needed some more. The Ab Ripper roughed me up a little. The first time I ever did the video I could follow along pretty well, but this time, it killed me. Easily!

Tonight is Yoga. I'm looking forward to that.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mental note to self (or anyone else): Before doing Yoga X next time either go for a quick 20 minute run to limber and loosen up and get the heart rate going (especially when doing it first thing in the morning with sore/stiff muscles) or wait until the end of the day and do it an hour or so before going to bed.

I prefer to work out in the morning but I like to get my heart rate up and going for the day. The music on this relaxes me too much!! I do feel good and loose. I think I am going to do this again on Sunday (my rest day) because I really enjoyed it but I just don't think I got as much out of it as I could have.

Sara, I saw the calories burned on your Yoga X entry and thought to myself EXACTLY this. I am going to have to go do my walk in the morning to warm up and then come home and do the Yoga. Thankfully this circuit it falls on a Saturday so I can stretch it out. 266 calories for 90 minutes scared me LOL that's just a tad over what my whey protein drink is and if I add stuff (like fruit which I plan on doing) then I may need to make it a meal replacement rather then an after workout supplement.

Everyone else; Thanks for your feedback on the mat ... I am returning the resistance band today and getting push up grips. I really could have used them yesterday and I think that will make it easier for me to do "proper" push ups which I KNOW I can do.

I am not overly sore from my workout yesterday I do kinda feel it in my arms but I suspect that I may feel it more tomorrow. I am going to have to work on form for the ARX (now that I know what the acronym stands for LOL) and push even HARDER tomorrow. First of all though, Plyometrics has to get out of the way ... that's tonight.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Umm...how hot are Tony's yoga pants? LOL
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I recorded 700 calories for the Yoga X 90 minute workout. Maybe 'cause it was harder for me and my heart rate stayed up more?
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

Can't say I noticed Tony's pants... :D
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I recorded 700 calories for the Yoga X 90 minute workout. Maybe 'cause it was harder for me and my heart rate stayed up more?

Huh ... okay interesting. Maybe then I should do the Yoga X first and see what happens. If I feel I need some cardio after I will go. I am just concerned about the calories burned while doing this new routine so I don't mess up my weight loss
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options

LOL I noticed that too. He's adorable.

Karen, I ALWAYS go to Ross first for workout equipment, the one on Woodman/Riverside had a TON of yoga mats the other day (pink and otherwise). But their selection seems to vary a lot. My mat is fairly thin and has been working out ok, but I might want a thicker one for ARX--my tailbone gets a little bruise-y feeling. I tried putting down two mats, but then the top mat kept wiggling around, so that won't work. And the mats are on carpet, too... maybe I just have an abnormally long tailbone? Anyone else have this problem?

Yoga this morning was good, but I definitely wish I'd warmed up more first. Doing those moves cold didn't feel great at first. Day 4, CHECK! Go us!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I actually bought a harbringer mat today at lunch. It got good reviews on Amazon. I got it at Big 5 because I had to return the resistance bands anyway. I wanted it tonight for Plyo and everyone who reviewed it in regard to the P90X said that the thickness saved their joints (exactly what I was looking for). I have a thin yoga mat so I think that I need to be done buying stuff for this workout it's running into money LOL.

I think I may be doing a FULL meal replacement with my Whey Protein drink at night some nights ... I will adjust next week after I see how this week goes. I was JUST getting used to this routine. I am going to have to wait to grocery shop too as I am pretty broke until the 15th haha. I DO have enough food in my house though and I did a quick stop at Trader Joe's at lunch. I think the only thing I need to buy this week is water and cat litter LOL
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a harbringer mat today at lunch. It got good reviews on Amazon. I got it at Big 5 because I had to return the resistance bands anyway. I wanted it tonight for Plyo and everyone who reviewed it in regard to the P90X said that the thickness saved their joints (exactly what I was looking for). I have a thin yoga mat so I think that I need to be done buying stuff for this workout it's running into money LOL.

So this mat is thicker than those flimsy yoga mats? What did it cost?
  • KarenBorter
    Options

So this mat is thicker than those flimsy yoga mats? What did it cost?

Harbinger 340100 Durafoam Exercise Mat 3/8" x 24" x 72" (Black) It was $ 24.99 this is the one I got (link below). It doesn't smell as bad as some people make it out to but it does have a rubbery smell (then again my thin yoga mat does too and I have had it for years). I will just leave the new mat unrolled and hung to air out no biggy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00074H8BI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00074H89A&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11GCTTTMMAMTWXCQT5GW
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I have a Big 5 not too far from my job. I can go into bankruptcy from the exercise equipment and workout clothes that I have been buying these days.