Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I will have only one ultrasound the entire time, unless there are issues down the road they want to check on. The one I will have is the anatomy scan which is done around 22 weeks.

As far as insurance, I pay the first $1500 and then the insurance company pays 80% and I pay 20%, until I have paid $4000 out of pocket. Then they are supposed to cover 100%. The problem is that it re-sets at year end, so we basically, we will have to pay $1500 this year and $1500 next year, and with the delivery and everything next year, I am sure we will get up to $4000, so probably in total we are looking at $5,500 out of pocket.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I will have only one ultrasound the entire time, unless there are issues down the road they want to check on. The one I will have is the anatomy scan which is done around 22 weeks.

As far as insurance, I pay the first $1500 and then the insurance company pays 80% and I pay 20%, until I have paid $4000 out of pocket. Then they are supposed to cover 100%. The problem is that it re-sets at year end, so we basically, we will have to pay $1500 this year and $1500 next year, and with the delivery and everything next year, I am sure we will get up to $4000, so probably in total we are looking at $5,500 out of pocket.

This is how my insurance works this time the 80/20 plus the daily hospital copay for 3 days. That doesn't include the anestesioligist (spelling), doctor, or doctors assistance. But we are looking at out of pocket around $2500 to $3000 this time. My baby is due in April, plus we have a new ded. year anyway so it will work out. My prenatal care has been covered 100% this time, it wasn't last time I had to pay copays.
  • ckmama
    Options
    dev113pr___.png

My doctor wants me to lose weight during my 2nd tri, then i will gain some in the 3rd tri, im 270 i have gained 10 pounds already im only 15 weeks. im having a hard time walking my ankles are swollen and hurt, and my lower back has been hurting. this pregnancy i have been in pain no sickness, with my son i was just sick the whole time

I know how you feel. I think my doctor will not be happy with me either when I go back in 2 weeks. I've gained 20 lbs since getting pregnant, but they didn't weigh me until I was already 12 weeks, so they don't see that much of a gain. I know from the start how much.

You can do this. I was at 220 and now am at 240 and it is just getting worse as the weeks go. Lay off of the sodium and see if it helps.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies that is a lot of $, hopefully they offer payment plans or something. I was on a deductible plan last year and it would have cost me $2000 all inclusive as that was my annual max. Too bad they changed the plan to $4000 annual max this year, that is the reason I went with a regular co pay plan. I did the math and this was just way cheaper, we were planning on having a baby so we figured that all in.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning with a terrible throat/ear ache and awful headache. I just keep sneezing and sniffling all day which makes my throat and head worse! :frown: :sick: Not being able to take over the counter medicine is such a joy... I'm assuming I just go to my regular doctor for this?
  • ckmama
    Options
    Yep regular doctor. Hope you feel better. Try a net pot or the squirt one, they really do flush that stuff out. They are kind of yucky but they work.

Don't take anything from your regular doctor without talking to your OB doctor though.
  • meganrae1988
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I am so excited to find this group! My husband and I have been TTC since June. This has been a really stressful time for us because I only have 3 or 4 periods a year... never really a problem until now. Anyway, as a result my OB has me on two different drugs, one to make me have a period, and then Clomid because I am just not ovulating. On top of this, I have been trying to lose weight before I am (finally) pregnant. So far I have lost 10 pounds (one lost before I joined MFP).

I would love any tips you have before I get pregnant... and your prayers so I can get pregnant! Also any tips once I am pregnant? This will be our first once I'm pregnant, so I have no clue what to expect.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    The weight loss should definitely help TTC and pregnancy! Good for you.

I hope you get pregnant soon. As for advice, my best is advice is to eat healthy, stay as active as possible, and keep up on your iron and vitamins.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I was walking this morning on the TM and as usual I had some bladder pain from uterus pressure. Today it was much worse to the point where I had to stop. It felt like my privates were falling off. Any idea?
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I was walking this morning on the TM and as usual I had some bladder pain from uterus pressure. Today it was much worse to the point where I had to stop. It felt like my privates were falling off. Any idea?

Everyday when I start my walk I have tremendous pressure down there. Usually have to stop every mile for the first 3 miles and sometimes more often to take a bathroom break. However, I notice that if I keep going it eventually wears off and I don't notice the pain down there as much. I definitely know what you are talking about with feeling like something is going to fall off or out. :smile: Everyday after I am done I ache but when morning comes I feel ready to go again.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Workout done for the day. 6 miles completed and 685 calories burned.

Time to go vote.

Have a great day everyone!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I can't believe how much it costs to have a baby!! I have always been a military dependant. There was 9months between when Tricare dropped me bc i was 23 and when i got married to my military husband that I was on civilian insurance..I hated it. I didn't even know what a Co-Pay was until the first time i got sick as an official civilian and had to dip into savings to pay for a series of Dr. appointments! I was flaborgasted! :noway:

Welcome Meganrae1988 & JenJen84! This is a great group of ladies and they offer great support! We also have a "sister" board specifically for those of us who are getting ready to or are activly TTC! You should check it out! A lot of us throw out stuff on both boards but once that BFP shows up most move over the this board!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130964-fit-for-future-families-november
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

I've been having that problem for a while now, the doctor said it just gets more fun with each baby, yay us! Unfortunately I don't know of a cure but if anyone has one I would love the answer to that one.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    People really annoy me.

I keep getting comments about trying to lose weight while pregnant. Is it that hard to understand I absolutely am NOT trying to lose weight?? My DR is closely monitoring my diet and exercise and I'm on the calories she recommended based on the fact that I gained 22.5lbs in SIX WEEKS. I'm still (after my 11lb water weight loss) up over 25lbs for the pregnancy and I started overweight, so I'm fine.

PS: I'm also having growth ultrasounds and my baby is quite large for his gestation.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    People really annoy me.

I keep getting comments about trying to lose weight while pregnant. Is it that hard to understand I absolutely am NOT trying to lose weight?? My DR is closely monitoring my diet and exercise and I'm on the calories she recommended based on the fact that I gained 22.5lbs in SIX WEEKS. I'm still (after my 11lb water weight loss) up over 25lbs for the pregnancy and I started overweight, so I'm fine.

PS: I'm also having growth ultrasounds and my baby is quite large for his gestation.

If your doctor is monitoring you then who cares what anyone says. Your doctor knows what is best for your lil one and don't let anyone tell you different. I didn't listen to my doctors with my first born and ended up gaining 130lbs, I will listen to everything the doctor says to do so I never end up there again.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

have you looked at a prenatal cradle...its like a support and they have one of the private area...I forgot what they call what your feeling
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

have you looked at a prenatal cradle...its like a support and they have one of the private area...I forgot what they call what your feeling

http://www.prenatalcradle.com/v2.htm

here is the link of the item i was telling you about.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    People really annoy me.

People just don't understand. Let it wash off your back! I actually lost weight at the end of my last pregnancy because I was gestational diabetic and the side effect of the diet was the weight loss. You can always say that you are trying to be as healthy as possible for the baby. It is not a diet you are striving for healthy nutrition for your child and the exercise is to help your body be in control. They probably won't understand anyway.

I am proud of your for taking care of yourself and your baby. It isn't easy to do what you need to do to maintain health in pregnancy. Trust me I am struggling everyday just to eat healthy foods. You can do it. Keep up the good work. Your body and baby will thank you!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Workout done for the day. Woke up this morning and was not going to workout because my throat hurts and my head feels full. However, I knew I wasn't going to be working out tomorrow so I decided to get on the treadmill and do what I could. It took me longer today but I did complete my 6 miles. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Have a good day!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Workout done for the day. Woke up this morning and was not going to workout because my throat hurts and my head feels full. However, I knew I wasn't going to be working out tomorrow so I decided to get on the treadmill and do what I could. It took me longer today but I did complete my 6 miles. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Great job!! It sucks when you feel bad, good work doing your work out anyways!