Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Workout done for the day. Woke up this morning and was not going to workout because my throat hurts and my head feels full. However, I knew I wasn't going to be working out tomorrow so I decided to get on the treadmill and do what I could. It took me longer today but I did complete my 6 miles. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Sounds like we feel the same way! I was absolutely miserable yesterday...couldn't breathe, my head pounding, etc... Dr. finally called me in some medicine so I'm starting to feel a little better, but still can't breathe! It makes it so much harder to rest and sleep when you can't lay down straight. I can't wait to feel better.

I'm so looking forward to Friday...we find out the sex of our little miracle!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    People really annoy me.

I keep getting comments about trying to lose weight while pregnant. Is it that hard to understand I absolutely am NOT trying to lose weight?? My DR is closely monitoring my diet and exercise and I'm on the calories she recommended based on the fact that I gained 22.5lbs in SIX WEEKS. I'm still (after my 11lb water weight loss) up over 25lbs for the pregnancy and I started overweight, so I'm fine.

PS: I'm also having growth ultrasounds and my baby is quite large for his gestation.

People hear "losing weight while pregnant" and just assume it is unhealthy. You can lose weight without going on a sever caloric deficit and without missing out on any nutrients. I am sure there are plenty of pregnant women who eat more calories of cheeseburgers and ice cream and that is way less healthy than you losing under a doctor's watch on a healthy diet! Plus, (especially with the early weight gain) your body has all the stores your baby needs already, you are just keeping the nutrients coming. I'm with you about people just hearing an adage or cliche and thinking it's the only way! I'm sort of in this boat but totally different reason - if I hear, oh, so you will have to have another C-section right? again I will punch someone in the face. :) No, I'm not scheduling myself a C-Section just because I had one in the past! Only going Csection if medically necessary at the time.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I was walking this morning on the TM and as usual I had some bladder pain from uterus pressure. Today it was much worse to the point where I had to stop. It felt like my privates were falling off. Any idea?

have you looked at a prenatal cradle...its like a support and they have one of the private area...I forgot what they call what your feeling

http://www.prenatalcradle.com/v2.htm

here is the link of the item i was telling you about.

Thanks for the info I will look into it. I notice this baby seems to be really really low this time. He might just be too heavy for my bladder and my weak stomach muscles.

OMG that is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure it works though.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I'm here, 8 weeks tomorrow. Still working out, but not as intensely. I had a bad day Monday. After exercising I was really nauseous which continued through the day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    I got my bfp this morning! :drinker:

My goal is to gain less than 10 pounds with this pregnancy. Is that at all realistic? I'm currently about 35-40 pounds overweight.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I can't believe it's November! Hopefully TTC in 2 months! (if my body cooperates) Still on the loosing journey. I have about 4lbs to go. Then hopefully we will see a BFP for the New Year! (My B-day is Jan. 5, maybe a b-day preasent?:wink: )

I can't believe how much it costs! I think it's time to really look into our healthcare plan a little closer before we TTC.

My best friend had HORRIBLE heartburn with her 2 girls. Tums were her best friend. I'm sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable.

MWilson~ Sorry you are feeling so bad. Hopefully the meds help! I'm excited to hear the results of your US.

Everyone keep up the good work and my prayers are with you!

CONGRATS!! LittleSpy
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Little Spy - I was JUST thinking about you like...5 min ago wondering how things were going since you left the other board! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    We're pretty excited. For some reason dh and I expected it to take a lot longer than it did. :blushing: I guess we're just good babymakers. :tongue:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My goal is to gain less than 10 pounds with this pregnancy. Is that at all realistic? I'm currently about 35-40 pounds overweight.

Likely unrealistic - JUST the baby and the fluids will be more than that. Realistic to gain only 10 in actual weight weight though - about 20 total given a moderate overweight start. It's all about WHEN you gain it! You don't have to gain anything for the next couple months then slow and steady. (with my first i started 10lbs lighter & gained about 50 total, but about 15 of that was from a 10 day vacation /cruise the inlaws paid for (read: eat whatever you want!) so I don't really count that 15 as pregnancy weight, but as glutton weight :laugh:) I'm 8 weeks in and up 2 lbs, but counting it as daily fluctuation right now since it has not been constant. My goal is no (or maybe 3#) weight gain through month 3 and then 20 or 25 overall. I'm right at the top of healthy BMI, but consider myself needing to lose 15-20 (which I think is unrealistic given the muscle weight I have put on and that I don't like to be a strict strict dieter :blushing: ).

I have noticed, since upping my cal intake to maintain I have actually had a hard time reaching my goal! It's a lot of food :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    You may lose during the first trimester. I did with DD (12lbs). So my net gain was less than my gain from my lowest pregnancy weight. My DR told me to gain 25lbs-30lbs and I started overweight. I'm up 26lbs right now.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Likely unrealistic - JUST the baby and the fluids will be more than that. Realistic to gain only 10 in actual weight weight though - about 20 total given a moderate overweight start. It's all about WHEN you gain it! <snip>

I have noticed, since upping my cal intake to maintain I have actually had a hard time reaching my goal! It's a lot of food :)

Well... I figured with continuing to eat healthy and exericse I may lose weight before I gain it which would make my net gain for the pregnancy under 10 pounds and making me weigh less after giving birth than I did pre-pregnancy. I'm still considered "obese" at my current weight and I'd love to not ever be more obese than I am now. Of course I have to say I do recognize this is all completely wishful thinking. :laugh:

For some reason I can't comprehend how me not being fatter after giving birth could hurt the baby as long as I'm eating a proper amount of healthy and nutritious food. I understand the baby, and blood, and placenta, and all weigh a good 20 pounds or so but I don't see why I couldn't lose 10 pounds of my fat during the pregnancy making my net gain around 10 pounds which would make me 10 pounds lighter than current a few days after birth. I guess I'll have to have an in-depth discussion with my doctor about it. Thanks!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I think you can gain baby/placenta and lose fat for sure. I know of plenty of women who started overweight and didn't have a net gain during pregnancy but obviously their baby grew fine.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I'm still considered "obese" at my current weight and I'd love to not ever be more obese than I am now. Of course I have to say I do recognize this is all completely wishful thinking. :laugh:

really?! I would NOT have guessed that from your photos! You might be able to get away with a net loss or neutral then as total gain is recommended only about 15 lbs - which is basically just the baby and placenta! I've been stuck on the "last 10 lbs" for the past year - so I'm expecting I'll have to gain at least a little but I'm hoping for no more than 20 including baby. I'm also hoping for no Csection this time as I was not even feeling up to exercising last time until months later - which really put a stop on losing the baby weight!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    When did you DRs clear you to exercise?

I had c sections both times and got cleared for light exercise at 2 weeks postpartum. I'm hoping for the same again, but am a little worried caring for 3 kids without my husband might slow the recovery.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Another recall, Britax car seat this time.
    http://www.toysrusinc.com/safety/recalls/chaperone-infant-car-seats/?csm=166309246&csc=1149477&csa=166725102&csu=1154602

Also I wouldn't worry about gaining weight the first few months. The morning sickness, or in the case of most of us, all day sickness you wont feel like eating much so you'll be happy to get anything down. For most of us it was junk food. I've heard back you should gain 1lb a month for the first 5 months then 1 lb a week for the remaining 20 weeks. I've never gained only 25lbs so that is my focus this time.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    When did you DRs clear you to exercise?

I had c sections both times and got cleared for light exercise at 2 weeks postpartum. I'm hoping for the same again, but am a little worried caring for 3 kids without my husband might slow the recovery.

I got cleared at 6 weeks, but even sitting up still hurt at that point and combined with back problems I had lost all of my abs and core muscles and back muscles. (I could not even put my son down in his crib I could not bend over). I didn't really get into exercising until at 6 months I joined the Y. Months 4-6 was just laziness (and lack of funds) though :) At 2 weeks I could walk but very slowly and not too long it still hurt a lot.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    For about the first time, I'm under on calories, carbs, and sodium on the same day! My carbs are always over it seems. :)
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well...we are on CD 10 and about ready to start "trying" this month...Hopefully this wil be our month!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Well...we are on CD 10 and about ready to start "trying" this month...Hopefully this wil be our month!

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp :wink:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    For about the first time, I'm under on calories, carbs, and sodium on the same day! My carbs are always over it seems. :)

Whoo hoo! Great job!