Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 10!

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm being strong. A spicy chicken sandwich and fries from Wendy's sounds sooooo good right now!! Must. Kick. Fast food. Habit!!!

:laugh:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Rach, do you like apples or pears? I find I can keep those for longer than other fruit and they are really easy to toss in with my lunch. How about frozen lunches? They might be too expensive or not available where you are, but I like Lean Cuisine and LOVE Amy's Kitchen. Amy's are all organic and a lot are vegetarian. They are very filling and have veggies in them. I know fresh is best, but frozen is still pretty good and better than canned. Maybe frozen berries to make smoothies with?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Rach, do you like apples or pears? I find I can keep those for longer than other fruit and they are really easy to toss in with my lunch. How about frozen lunches? They might be too expensive or not available where you are, but I like Lean Cuisine and LOVE Amy's Kitchen. Amy's are all organic and a lot are vegetarian. They are very filling and have veggies in them. I know fresh is best, but frozen is still pretty good and better than canned. Maybe frozen berries to make smoothies with?

I used to buy the bags of mixed frozen fruit and blend those with orange juice, half a banana, and a scoop of protein powder for breakfast everyday, but I've gotten lazy and filled my half of the freezer with other things. Guess I'll just have to buy the stuff and just stay on top of eating it. Still not sure how to get away from all the breads and carbs and keep my calories up though.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Lunchtime and I've got 5 cups of water down!! :drinker:
  • js775219
    Options
    I'm in a slump in the worst way: I'm not exercising, I ate over my calories the past two days, and I am so unmotivated...IDK what to do to get my motivation back up...on the bright side: I got my first 30 oz. in! I think I can get three more down before I leave work at 5:40 pm
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Major fail.
    Was ill twice last week and in a car crash. Feeling much better now and stomach just about feels back to normal but so sorry I hardly had the energy to stay awake let alone get on the internet!
    Weighed this morning and I was 165lbs - down 3lbs! (yeah I know it's because I didn't eat for 2 days, but I'll take it!)
    Assuming it'll go back up now I'm eating normally again, but hey ho

xx
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I used to buy the bags of mixed frozen fruit and blend those with orange juice, half a banana, and a scoop of protein powder for breakfast everyday, but I've gotten lazy and filled my half of the freezer with other things. Guess I'll just have to buy the stuff and just stay on top of eating it. Still not sure how to get away from all the breads and carbs and keep my calories up though.

Maybe switch to whole wheat breads, brown rice, etc. The good carbs. I also get a lot of my calories from dairy (namely Greek yogurt) and other sources of protein... though you may have more calories than I do.
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ugh already wimping out on my workout!! I was just tired and hungry this morning!! Oh well, I think I;ll try to fit in another workout after dinner!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    7 cups down!! Whoohoo! Will probably have 9 in for today by the time work is over. :drinker:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my water today. Trying to bribe myself with a soda or Xing blueberry green tea, but only after I finish 8 glasses of water. I DESPERATELY need caffeine right now, but I know I won't finish my water if I have something else to drink.

Just 2 more glasses....
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies! Was so almost tempted by Starbucks - chai tea latte was calling my name as I walked past but I resisted and felt proud of myself! Am useless on the water today though but will head to kitchen now to fill up (and hope that I don't have to get up too many times in the night)!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm struggling with my water today. Trying to bribe myself with a soda or Xing blueberry green tea, but only after I finish 8 glasses of water. I DESPERATELY need caffeine right now, but I know I won't finish my water if I have something else to drink.

Just 2 more glasses....

You can do it!!!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    On a different note, can anybody think of exercise I can do with an injured back? I'm really worried about doing anything in case it gets worse and I'm out of action for ages!

Poor you - it's rubbish when you have an injury. The back is tricky because you don't want to do anything that will aggravate it. Maybe if you have time to go for a gentle walk after work at least that way you are getting some exercise in. Fingers crossed it gets better soon.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    WATER DONE!! Sunkist good. :) Only one more hour of work.....
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I broke into my son's Halloween candy. But I have more work out later so I'm hoping to work them bad boys off. The little boy had his pre-op visit today. It went really well so we're pretty much all set up for his surgery on the 24th! :D
  • RachVR6
    Options
    9 cups down! Love seeing that little cup overflow. I'm started to get a headache and it's still cold and rainy out so I think I'm going to curl up in bed early tonight. Thinking grilled cheese and soup for dinner.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Major fail.
    Was ill twice last week and in a car crash. Feeling much better now and stomach just about feels back to normal but so sorry I hardly had the energy to stay awake let alone get on the internet!
    Weighed this morning and I was 165lbs - down 3lbs! (yeah I know it's because I didn't eat for 2 days, but I'll take it!)
    Assuming it'll go back up now I'm eating normally again, but hey ho

xx

OH NO Cath, I hope you are alright and that it was nothing too serious.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Well I managed to make up some for my m&m disaster. I forced myself into 30 minutes of kickboxing and running in place. Kind of lame but it kept my heart rate up and the sweat dripping so I'm not going to complain. :) I'm aching for that 30lbs mark. Lol.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So now on top of my car not running, my bf's won't start. He's been getting rides to work so I could use his for work and now neither one of our cars will run. I've been off and on crying for the last hr or two. I don't know what to do.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Aww! Is there anyone you work with that could come pick you up and maybe you could give them a little something for gas until you could get one of them fixed? I would bring you if I was closer! :flowerforyou: