I WILL be 126 by the end of week 10.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Trying to be positive today.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm sick! Sore throat, ear ache, runny/stuffy nose and a headache. I'm finishing off a few things and heading home to bed.

Have a good day Pin-Ups!

Rach look at your photos of how far you have come with your weight loss, that should cheer you up and keep you positive. *hugs*

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options
    My roommate was kind enough to give me a ride to work today. I just have to figure out how to get to walmart tonight to get some wire and things to replace a bad wire I found in my car. Don't know if that will fix it's problem or not but it's worth a try. If I doesn't I'm probably going to have to turn it over to a shop, even though I can't afford it.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    12 more weeks until my family visits and 10 more lbs til I hit my goal of being 160lbs by then. Easy!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well I've been slacking with the posting. I'm back starting today! I need to get this weight off this week! I can do it!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Rach hope you get the car figured out. That stinks that it's not working for you.
  • alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    Options
    Well I have a positive little story for all of you.
    When I first started my weightloss journey back in June, I always used the machines inside (elliptical, treadmill, etc). Well for the past two months or so, I've been doing the majority of my cardio outside. Yesterday, I had to use a treadmill for the first time in a long time (it was raining outside). I went to put my age and weight into the treadmill and for the first time I had to go DOWN from what it was already set on. I just started pushing the up arrow out of habit, and then realized "I don't weight this much!" It was a great feeling.

I think so many times we all get so focused on our current goals and worries that we forget just how far we've come. Step back today and remember the day you signed up with MFP. I never imagined I would actually make it this far. But we've done it! Always keep the big picture in mind! Even if we don't lose any weight this week, we're healthier and happier because we are making good choices!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I just realized that if I really stick with this and bust my butt, averaging a 1lb a week loss...I could be at my goal weight by summer!! That means possibly owning a bathing suit for the first time since I was 11 or 12 and buying a pair of shorts for the first time in, well, I can't even remember!!

Now I'm sitting here daydreaming about pin-up dresses. :)
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I just realized that if I really stick with this and bust my butt, averaging a 1lb a week loss...I could be at my goal weight by summer!! That means possibly owning a bathing suit for the first time since I was 11 or 12 and buying a pair of shorts for the first time in, well, I can't even remember!!

Now I'm sitting here daydreaming about pin-up dresses. :)

That's amazing Rach! I don't think I've worn shorts in public since I was a small child when my mom dressed me! Just keep at it like you have been and you'll get to your goal before you know it!

And good luck on the car situation. That's never an expected expense.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    3.4lbs away from 30lbs lost! :D
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    So, I drank 1/2 a bottle of red wine last night with a friend, and a vodka/sprite. I'm not ashamed--I haven't done that in a while--but I just can't bring myself to log it. Instead, I'm going to the gym now. I'm going to double up on C25K and strength training for an hour if I have it in me! And tomorrow, I'll walk and do strength again. And then Sunday, C25K Week 4!

That's the plan. I hope it's not overboard. I really can't take for my muscles to give out on me again. It takes so long to get back on track when that happens--at least a week. We'll see what I can do.

But I'm ready to sweat.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So, I drank 1/2 a bottle of red wine last night with a friend, and a vodka/sprite. I'm not ashamed--I haven't done that in a while--but I just can't bring myself to log it. Instead, I'm going to the gym now. I'm going to double up on C25K and strength training for an hour if I have it in me! And tomorrow, I'll walk and do strength again. And then Sunday, C25K Week 4!

That's the plan. I hope it's not overboard. I really can't take for my muscles to give out on me again. It takes so long to get back on track when that happens--at least a week. We'll see what I can do.

But I'm ready to sweat.

You could always just let your body have one high calorie day. Just go back to your normal exercise routine. Your body likes it when you change things up.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    How is it that neither chocolate eyeballs nor the disc-shaped chocolate pumpkins are in the database?!? I'm enjoying my little chocolate indulgence, and I can't log it properly!! ><

*runs off to scour the internet*

Okay, so I found "Mini Chocolate Eggs - Foil Chocolate Easter Eggs" and they're about 16 calories each, so I figure that 20 calories for an eyeball (I have the small ones, not the big ones) and 40 calories for a pumpkin disc are probably pretty accurate, right? That's what I'm going with.
  • js775219
    Options
    I had another bad day yesterday; I know all I need to do is start back planning but with holiday and then coming back to work and everything being so hectic, I can't get it down, this week may be another epic fail! But I'm right back to my "Sunday plan, week-long lose" the week of 11/07 it just sucks that one or two small disruptions can derail me so much!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I had another bad day yesterday; I know all I need to do is start back planning but with holiday and then coming back to work and everything being so hectic, I can't get it down, this week may be another epic fail! But I'm right back to my "Sunday plan, week-long lose" the week of 11/07 it just sucks that one or two small disruptions can derail me so much!

Stop focusing on a week at a time and bring it down to a day at a time. Right now is hectic, but in a couple of hours, maybe you can make better choices. It's so easy to say, "I'll get back on track next week" and then next week never comes... Just keep telling yourself you'll do one thing better right now and then another... and another until you're back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Well I have a positive little story for all of you.
    When I first started my weightloss journey back in June, I always used the machines inside (elliptical, treadmill, etc). Well for the past two months or so, I've been doing the majority of my cardio outside. Yesterday, I had to use a treadmill for the first time in a long time (it was raining outside). I went to put my age and weight into the treadmill and for the first time I had to go DOWN from what it was already set on. I just started pushing the up arrow out of habit, and then realized "I don't weight this much!" It was a great feeling.

I think so many times we all get so focused on our current goals and worries that we forget just how far we've come. Step back today and remember the day you signed up with MFP. I never imagined I would actually make it this far. But we've done it! Always keep the big picture in mind! Even if we don't lose any weight this week, we're healthier and happier because we are making good choices!

I had a moment like this last night... thinking I'm never gonna get where I want to be... and feeling like it's impossible. Then I said... wait... its been 3 months, and i've lost 22 lbs. My kickboxing teacher made me jog while carrying 20 lbs the other day, and I thought I was gonna die. 22 lbs is not nothing!

We've all come so far :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hey all :) Hope you are doing great this week. This is the first week a while that I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. What are your accomplishments so far this week? Mine are: completing 4/14 days of my shred challenge. I've also donated 3 bags of clothes (both mine and a few of the hubbys) to my old middle school and to Good Will. Let's see, what else? Ah, yes, I VOTED! Last night we had to go suit/dress shopping for this weekend..went to JCP and spent a little over $200 (like $230ish) on a jacket, pants, tie, shirt, and shoes. I found a (size 12!) dress for $31 on clearence ;) We saved $125 in total!! Woot Woot!!

As for exercise this week, I've been doing 30 day shred, walking, dancing, and cleaning (which was a lot of sweat moving around cabinets and scrubbing a floor on my knees, etc). I plan on finishing up the week with 30 day shred, and thats probably it. Grandma's wake is tomorrow and the funeral is Saturday. The guys that Nick works with have been super sweet and took up a small collection for us since Nick will miss a few extra days, but we plan on donating it to the diabetes foundation that his Grandma had chosen. It's going to be a long, emotional weekend.

Have a great day all and I will see you Monday.

Thanks for your support while my family and I have been going through this. :heart: Bru
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone doing on water? I have 2 bottles down - 25 oz each... heading back to the water filter to fill it again. Want to get all my water in at work... after my fillings I won't even be able to keep water in my mouth! haha

Come on ladies!!!!

As silly as this sounds... somedays when im really behind on water... I grab my bottle and just chug... I make it a little contest for myself to see how much i can drink. Works for me :)
  • js775219
    Options

Stop focusing on a week at a time and bring it down to a day at a time. Right now is hectic, but in a couple of hours, maybe you can make better choices. It's so easy to say, "I'll get back on track next week" and then next week never comes... Just keep telling yourself you'll do one thing better right now and then another... and another until you're back on track. :flowerforyou:

You are so right, and I already made my first good choice of the day: instead of giving into the temptation of going out and getting my favorite breakfast crepe, I looked in my drawer and found some left-over oatmeal packets and had that, poured myself a big jug of water, and went to work. Thanks.