30 Day Shred TEAM!

Options

Replies

• tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Finished my last day of the 30 Day Shred this morning! I am very proud of myself for sticking with it because there were many days I wanted to quit!

I am down around 10 lbs as of this morning. I didn't do a good job of taking measurements but I am down a couple of dress sizes!! I see the biggest change in my waist and my arms - my arms look so much better now!

I went 10 days for each level, however, did take some breaks here and there. So it actually took me around 36 days. I was also calorie counting the entire time and really tracking my diet. Also, I have around 65 lbs to lose, so I think that is why I lost so many lbs.

Good luck to those still going! I am taking a break for our week long vacation and then will be starting Ripped in 30.

Congratulations! Great results!
    I completed day 8 of level 2 this morning.
    Everyone is sounding really motivated.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 today and it's NOT my favorite thing!! My wrists really hurt from the plank moves...is anyone else having/did anyone have this problem?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it the days I don't have a heavy gym schedule. I almost killed myself the day I had two other classes at the gym and also did the 30DS in the morning. I figure it will take over a month.
  • amandagorder
    amandagorder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 level 1 woooow.... I think this will work ! Try to stay positive it take the average person 4 weeks to see physical results. But take the sweating you tush off as good news! that's your fat crying
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That's your fat crying is my favorite quote this week! LOL! Well, I have hit the six month mark for allowing my leg to heal (small fracture then developed shin splints--ouch) and have slowly been working up to working out 30 to 60 minutes a day very low impact just to keep the habit going and averaging over 10,000 steps a day so I am going to start 30 Day Shred today. It's scheduled in at 4 pm which is my usual workout time for destressing after work (I'm a teacher). I am feeling so good about getting back on track after this long six months. So I'm logging off to take a before picture, choose my clothes o meter (outfit to work my way into fitting in 30 days), measure, and hydrate before I make my fat cry (LOL).
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Day 1 Level 3 in the books. This day was for me to try and figure out these moves!
    This one seems to be about strength, which is MY weakness...LOL
    The heavy impact moves I think will remain a no b/c of my back...somewhat the knees but the back is a real issue.

This is helping my balance which has been an issue for me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I exercise at my gym five days a week. I was adding the 30DS to that and found it was too much to do on the three days I do more than one gym class. So I do it when I only have one class and on my rest days. I can see the difference anyway and don't want to injure myself. So today is a non-shred day, but tomorrow, I will be back at it.
  • cybernet00
    cybernet00 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here are my 20 day loss results. Only 9 more days to go :) Well I can't get the picture to fit so you can actually see my results. If you right click on the image and open in new tab it will show you everything or you can just go here

http://cybernet00.com/20-day-results-of-30-day-shred/

30-Day-Shred-20-Day-Results.png?resize=50%2C363
  • cybernet00
    Options
    Thanks :) It really helps to show the changes in my face. Plus if I'm having an off day you can see that too LOL
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Thanks for the results. We are on Day 5 level 3. Weighing and measuring next Tuesday.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 Level 2, and yes my knees hurt! I noticed on Level 1 by day 4 or 5 my endurance had improved - am hoping I feel the same today when I workout. I've lost about 1.5 lbs, but I can see the difference in how my clothes are fitting and my arms are looking tighter.

Keep going everyone - I keep telling myself "It's only 30 days!" - until I start the next challenge. :wink:
  • thehealthymama
    thehealthymama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to complete the Shred and have been contemplating starting it again for .... oh, about a week now. Starting it when I get home today (at wrk now).
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 2. When I was on level one I thought I would die until about day 4, then it just got easier and easier. Day 10 of level one I totally owned that. The Day one of level 2 proceeded to beat my @$$ and it continues to be beat. Hopefully today will be easier and start getting easier. I'm doing 30DS 4 days a week and 2 days of just either Extreme Shed Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Then on one day I do 30DS and 6 Week 6 Pack.
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Level 3 Day 8 in the books. Two more days and then results!
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    End of first 30 Day Shred. Lost 3.1 lb. I am finding weight loss to be a slow go post menopause. Also had a couple of not so good eating weekends, but overall I stick to 1200-1400 calories. When I started I had to use mostly 2# weights. Today I used 5s and a 6 on the single lift. I was really weak due to a combination of inactivity and surgery on both arms, including Tommy Johns on left arm. I also have had back surgery and 2 ruptured discs so I have to make my moves low impact. Here are my inch results:

Waist 36.5 to 34.5 = 2 In lost
    Hips 48.3 to 47.25 = 1.05 in lost
    Thigh 28.5 to 28 = .5 in lost
    Chest 42 to 41 = 1" lost
    Abdomen 48 to 46.25 = 1.75 in lost
    knee 19.3 to 18..25 = 1.15 in lost
    upper arm 13.5 to 13 = .5 lost (arms are also firmer, still a long way to go)

Daughter lost 2" in waist, 2" in hips, gained .5 in arms (MUCH stronger and firmer), 2" in chest (she is busty), .5" in thigh.
    She did not loose any weight. She is eating better, but will not log. It is hard to see if you are doing right if you don't log.

We are pleased. We are both much stronger. We go to Alaska in 21 days so we are going to start over doing each level 7 days and with higher weights.
    I bought the JM Shred Shed DVD which is a 45 minute workout to do when we get back. Think I am going to get a Zumba DVD and take it with me, since I don't want to take weights.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 8 of level 1. I'm already seeing a difference in definition.
  • tskvaughn
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I bought the JM Shred Shed DVD which is a 45 minute workout to do when we get back. Think I am going to get a Zumba DVD and take it with me, since I don't want to take weights.

I LOVE that DVD. I've only done the first work out, but it is so fun!!! Although she starts the work out after the warm up with burpees, which I'm sure were invented by Satan, but the rest of the workout is awesome!!!
  • cybernet00
    Options
    Ok finally found my login for photobucket so I can post pics LOL

afe4e429-5259-426c-9e5d-5b423d6136c4.png